I stayed for two nights in a corner view suite/room (or whatever they are called). Irrespective of the exact name, the room was fantastic.
- Room very, very spacious (query: Who needs a wetbar in a hotel? Maybe there could a better use for that space?) with nice rain shower.
- Great views over LA.
- Great location for West Hollywood.
- Very nice pool area with great service. Nice to hang out in the afternoon and to meet friends in the evening.
- Very popular with a young and attractive party crowd.
- Very friendly service.
- Only one thing - all corridors have a very strange and stale smell. Please a) ventilate the corridors and b) place room perfumes. That's not so difficult (other hotels can do it, too) and would really enhance the experience. The smell was really bad and on all corridors. Otherwise I wouldn't be writing it.
Overall: Still a great hotel where I would stay again, if the rate is acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood