This place was great! From the moment we arrived, we received wonderful service. Everyone was very friendly, not snooty at all. Our room was not ready when we arrived (about 30 min before check-in time). They upgraded us to a larger room at no additional charge for the inconvenience, even though we were early. The room was very nice. Everything was in great condition. The shower was great...lots of water pressure and two heads. The toiletries were high quality. The bed was super comfy. Floor to ceiling windows allowed for beautiful views of the hills and the city.
Skybar, the hotel's on-site bar was great. Basically the whole pool area is turned into an outdoor bar/lounge at night. There are cushioned seating areas around the pool, as well as seating near the bar. They have specialty drinks (delicious!), as well as your basic bar offerings. The drinks are a little pricey, but we found that to be the case in all of the higher-end bars in LA. The bartenders and wait staff were all very friendly. As a hotel guest, you get to walk right in and don't pay a cover. It's a great place to get that last drink before calling it a night.
The hotel is on the Sunset Strip and is convenient to lots of bars/restraunts/shops/tourist sites. Many are reachable by foot. Other areas like the Walk of Fame, Robertson Blvd, and the beaches are a short drive or cab ride away. To us this was the ideal location. It was a safe, fun area that was convenient to everything that we wanted to see and do.
Only downside we could find was the parking fee. The hotel parking is valet only and is $33/day. However, the valet service was on point. Our car was there within a few minutes of our request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood