New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
East Lothian, Scotland
“Get a life...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent a weekend at at the Mondrian on the way home to Scotalnd after 6 nights in Palm Springs. Hotel was fabulous with great room and staff. Very LA cool with lots of beautiful people and enjoyed soaking up the sun at the sky bar pool. We had a fantastic "taster menu" at Asia de Cuba with wonderful view over the LA sky line. However, our evening was not perfect as we had to endure the antics of an Asian family (Mum, Dad & two teenage daughters) who spent the whole evening, whilst seated at the best table in the restaurant, either on their mobile phones or sufing the net on their mobile phones.... GET A LIFE... these people should be asked to leave or better still... kicked out ! Would definately stay again despite this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fergie2
Rich O, Hotel Manger at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Tnaks for your review. I am extremely pleased you guys enjoyed yourselves recently. Very nice to see. I do apologize for the experience with your neighboring patrons at ADC...most definitely there are more appropriate venues for this type of behavior. Hope it won't keep you from returning....take care and see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let's be honest, while the hotel is relatively good you would choose Mondrian because you wanna hang out at skybar (pool or bar) and eventually go to nearby hollywood clubs. The hotel is really noisy due to skybar and you would have plenty of party ppl at 2 am in your lobby! But well I was there for this very reason so I was happy with that! Rooms are actually nice (had a large corner room) with stylish yet warm furnitures. Bathroom was really minimalist (I'm being nice here). One shower, one small sink and the toilet in the between, that's pretty much it. No marble. Oh and they put a tent over over skybar in winter so it doesnt get too cold.

Overall a fun place for a party weekend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NiQoLa
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am glad that it seems you had a good stay/good time with us recently. Weekends do tend to be busier in regard to the party scene..weekdays are a bit more relaxed. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to have you back again very soon!
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a great stay, excellent location on the sunset strip, room spacious and spotless, great toiletries and robes in the rooms. Comfy, huge bed, great view. Breakfast delicious and all staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Cocktails a bit on the expensive but worth it :)

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank lduffield
Rich O, Hotel Manger at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Great to see that you had a nice visit with us recently. Thank you for your positive remarks. I am happy we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Hope to have you back with us again very soon!
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights this week and I can safely say that I have never received such brilliant customer service levels from staff here at the Mondrian. From the Reception staff to the Room Service guys, they are all so efficient and polite and appear to take so much pride in what they do. A special mention has to go to Shelby in sales who bent over backwards to go that extra mile to ensure that all my requests were met.........and then some. It's a pity that other hotels don't employ such professional and dedicated staff these days.

The hotel itself is very chic however, surprisingly unpretentious. The rooms are brilliant and were cleaned immaculately every day. They are not huge but more than adequate for one or two occupants. Again, the attention to detail in the design, finish and guest comfort items is brilliant.

I don't want to wittier on about irrelevant things about the hotel so I will conclude by making a very bold statement that the Mondrian really has to be classed as THE best (experience) hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in and the staff are outstanding!!

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor on the pool side has to be the best for views. Noise is NOT an issue as the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so pleased you had a great visit with us recently. I will definitely pass your comments on to Shelby and our team. Again, thank you so very much and we look forward to having you back with us agin very soon.

Rich
Chesterfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Teh Mondrian for the 4th time with my wife in September, We often stay at Morgans group hotels in teh states and in London. We stayed there because it has a reasonable location , Sky Bar and a great Restaurant.
I have the feeling now that The Mondrian is all about its image and less about its customers. Apart from the Reception I did not feel a warm customer service. The Rooms are OK but looking very tired now and due for a refurbishment.
The pool was often busy and beds taken with non residents, It is a small pool area.
We were disappointed that we could not go to the Sky Bar one night as they were doing a photo shoot, we were directed to another bar, where no one was serving, eventually someone came over to say that they would send a waitress over , who did not appear after 10 minuets. Very poor as were were paying guest at the hotel but seemed that we were in the way.
The food and drinks at the Hotel are very good.But the hotel is OK at best.
Probaly wont visit again.

Room Tip: Upgrade!# Higher Rooms have great views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello...I am very sorry you did not have a great visit with us recently. That you were not received in our bar is not acceptable and I am sincerely sorry. Definitely not the perception we want our guests to experience. Please feel free to contact me on you next visit and I will ensure you are well taken care of. Thank you very much.

Rich
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had the most amazing week here. First Saturday night we had terrible neighbours but the hotel staff handling the situation of loud music until 6am with aplomb.
The Asian deCuba is fantastic! Have the short rib!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am very happy you had a nice stay with us. Very sorry in regard to your noisy neighbors. Glad we could assist in handling but hope the experience will not keep you from returning. Hope to see you again soon!
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a big fan of the Mondrian LA they are my top and only choice of hotels to stay at in LA full stop. As with all Morgan Hotel Group properties the rooms are spotless and the staff (on top of being stunning) are friendly helpful and could not be nicely. The single nicest thing a hotel has EVER done for me was at the Mondrian recently, the concierge made a lunch reservation for me at a trendy restaurant ( which was a excellent ) I was entertaining a client and when the desert menu came was told the concierge was buying desert. It impressed the client and was the kind of detail that floored me and will keep me going back to the Mondrian whenever I am in LA. Beautiful hotel, great staff and a service level that is outstanding.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello Christopher...

Thank you so much for your response. I am extremely pleased you had a good time with us recently! That we were able to provide you with great sevice and experience is truly wonderful.

Hope to have you back with us again very soon. Thank you so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#10 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 242 reviews

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!