“Extremely good value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Extremely good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

What can we say! Everything about our stay at the Mondrian was fantastic! We got our standard room on hotels.com the same day as check in and when we arrived the helpful lady on reception upgraded our room to a fabulous corner suite with lounge area.

We ate at the hotel which was lovely and a view to die for of downtown Los Angeles.

I would certainly recommend anyone stay at this hotel but please note we saved $50 per night by booking on hotels.com compared to Mondrian reservations direct.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a fabulous time. Please come back soon to visit. Regards, Chloe Linder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at the Mondrian in West Hollywood in March 2012, and enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately it was too cold to use the pool, and they shut the pool area down on our second night for repairs. The view from the pool and the restaurant were great.

Loved the TV in the mirror and the bathroom was spotless. Very comfy bed too. The guys on the door were very friendly and this was our first trip to the US and tipping was a bit hard to get used to and work out what was right and what was wrong. ( don't offer coins, only notes ! )

Had a very nice meal in the restaurant the first night, then went across the road to the blues bar for dinner the next night. That was great, but the food was a bit ordinary. Lots of it ( almost a whole chicken ) but quality was poor. But great music.

I would recommend the Mondrian as a great " funky " hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your room. I am also happy to hear you enjoying meeting our bellman. It is great they and the rest of our staff were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Come back soon! Regards, Chloe Linder
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

The products here are fabulous. Room is very modern and clean. Accommodating staff. Not easy if traveling with small kids thou

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Momlaoak
Thank you for your recent visit. I am glad you enjoyed your hotel room and our Malin + Goetz bath products. I appreciate your nice comments regarding our staff and service. Please come back and visit us soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I don't usually stay in pricey hotels when I'm traveling, as I usually travel for long periods. But I had one night in LA, so I booked the Mondrian. I was hesitant - as when paying a lot for a room, your high expectations can easily be dashed, by minor things, too. But I wasn't let down. I actually got the flu before I got there, so I spent a lot of time in my room and bed. Comfy! The room service was expensive (with extra charges) but the food quality was excellent and the service pretty fast. The staff were helpful and understanding and several of them went out of their way to make sure I was alright. And the view made the price worth it alone. I was 4th floor and wasn't disturbed by noise at all. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that cost twice as much, and received poor service and tiny rooms. If you're alone and want the location, the service, the food, and you have a little to spend, Mondrian is worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you decided to take a chance on the Mondrian. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff and service. I am very happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and you felt value in your experience. I hope we are your top choice when you return to Los Angeles. Sincerely, Chloe Linder
Manhattan Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

OK, no doubt if you are looking to be near WEHO/Hollywood this is a solid place to stay but...for $350 ++ a night they should have a better gym ( small) and a spa ( there isn't one) so if you want to steam or jacuzzi you can pay $25 at the local Equinox. The bath rooms are oddly designed with no place to hang anything, one sink (in a King suite) virtually no counter space and minimal water pressure in the showers. We had a corner room, great views, comfy bed, but a bit on the short side, so if you are over 6' your feet may be off the edge. Room service food was fair to good, sent up quesadillas with no salsa. Asia de Cuba has had a long run but I think it's time to update, menu felt dated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris_helen90266
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to get with my teams and address the comments you mentioned in your review. I did want to mention that we did just redo the menu for Asia de Cuba. I would love to get more insight on your experience at the restaurant. If you have a few moments, please contact me to discuss in further detail. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future. Regards, Chloe Linder
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

First class hotel with great staff and amazing rooms. I was upgraded to a beautiful suite with very funky decor and an amazing wet room with bathtub and shower. Service was excellent throughout the week I stayed here and I really can't find any fault with my stay at all. I was on the 11th floor but I can imagine if you are on a low floor it will get a little noisy as the music in the Sky Bar is VERY loud! But, so long as you are out of earshot of that, you will have a wonderful stay here. If you have a car, there is only valet parking and it's $33 a day so be prepared for that. Having said that, the convenience is very welcome.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor if you want quiet. The Sky Bar can get very noisy
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
WOW, thank you very much for the compliments. We are ecstatic we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Please come back soon to visit. Sincerely, Chloe Linder
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I had never heard of this hotel before we booked this hotel and I was so happy that we decided to stay there.
The hotel decor is super modern and fabulous. They upgraded us to a room on the top floor for free. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The bathroom in the room was excellent!
The room service is a little on the pricey side but totally worth it. The food was great.
Overall, I will be staying there again when we go back to LA.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback regarding the service and hotel. I am glad to see you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon! Regards, Chloe Linder