All reviews verve coffee gracias madre inner circle design district margherita pizza terrace king patio bar juliet balcony the hotel bel air room was beautifully decorated the assistant general manager enjoyed cocktails offer free coffee superior room free wine hour falling asleep beverly hills
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

PRO’s: The hotel is in a great location, nice staff, modern and funky decor, comfy bed, reasonably priced bar and food.

CON’s Valet is expensive ($50) and slow but not because they are busy (they don’t answer calls, no one at valet desk, slow to retrieve car). Rooms are small compared to other 5 stars in the area.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TLane28
Cody_LaPeerHotel, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton La Peer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Dear @TLane28,

Thank you for the compliments! I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the location, design concept, bed, and staff interaction. I apologize the price of valet parking was a surprise. While I understand $49 + tax may appear high, it is the result of limited space along with a cost analysis of similar hotels in West Hollywood. Please feel free to email me at cody.sexton@lapeerhotel.com and I will be happy to upgrade you complimentary to a larger accommodation on your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Pros: Great location, nice decor, friendly and professional front desk staff who assisted us with: a last minute extra room; finding restaurants and unique things to do; and with our departure. Love the complementary kambucha, coffee (not good black) and almond milk in the morning! We had a nice room with a walkout patio and decent view which provided fresh air! The bed was comfortable, AC was quiet, we loved the bathroom products and yoga mat. Nice complimentary wine bar with hummus (utensils needed) in the lobby which had numerous comfy seating options. The drinks at the main bar were very good. Pool is very nice and we enjoyed the rooftop seating! The restaurant is beautiful for dinner but overpriced for an ok experience. Cons: housekeeping was unprofessional (film in sink, floors not vacuumed or mopped); we had another major issue which were compensated for so I won't go into detail; maintenance needed on both bathroom and patio doors to function properly; no warning about a large event that took over the entire lobby floor on Saturday and went into the night (glad I had ear plugs); we were asked "are you on the list?" when returning from the restaurant; used cocktail glasses in lobby restroom in the morning; abandoned dirty dishes during cocktail hour; no coffee maker in the room. Overall very good with numerous disappointments.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views. For fresh air request a patio.
Date of stay: November 2019

Dear @springcrocus,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was very pleased when reading your "Pros" as I feel they are indicative of the product and service we strive to provide. I must admit I was disappointed in reading the "Cons," especially as they related to cleanliness and event communication/handling. I would love the opportunity to speak with you more regarding and to extend myself as your point of contact here at La Peer. Feel free to email me at cody.sexton@lapeerhotel.com that way we can set up a time to connect.

Much appreciated!

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

This was my second stay and it was overall an enjoyable one (much better than my first.)

The property is gorgeous, clean and spacious. The lobby furniture was very comfortable and the outdoor bar area was quite lively. Great service out in the bar area!

The rooms follow the Nordic-inspired modern aesthetic yet are still very comfortable and inviting. The beds are dreamy in usual Kimpton style.

Housekeeping was fine for the most part. Bathroom was spotless. The tissue box was nearly empty though, which was annoying. I asked guest services to have the maid replace the box during turnover service but that never happened. The carpet also didn’t appear to be vacuumed because some food crumbs were underneath the desk. Very unpleasant to feel when barefoot! Towels were thick, fresh and good quality. Atelier Bloem toiletries, standard Kimpton, are always a treat.

The social password promotion was active and I was offered milk and cookies. I requested coffee instead of milk and was happily granted the request. Delicious cookies!

Service at the front desk was warm and courteous. Andrew was especially great and remembered my name from the 35+ nights I spent at the Kimpton Everly, his former workplace. It was very nice to be recognized by a familiar face.

One more disappointment was that, as an Inner Circle member (Kimpton’s invite-only status, much like Royal Ambassador with Intercontinental), I was not offered a suite even though all suites were available. Andrew did his best and even went back to ask a manager for permission to assign me a suite but I was declined. I’ve been to numerous Kimptons from coast to coast and I’ve never been denied a suite upgrade as an IC when there was availability except once (the Allegro in Chicago.). What made this especially unfortunate was that I initially wanted two beds but those rooms were long sold out. I was told that the manager said a roll-away would fit in my room (this turned out to be a lie, there was no way it would fit) so my guest and I had to do without it. The room had no couch either.

Even if it happens to be this property’s own policy to not offer suite upgrades for IC, it would have been nice if manager had considered an IC’s request for two beds (or a bed and a couch).

This is the main reason why I hesitate to recommend this hotel, especially to fellow Inner Circle members. There is so much potential for this property to be better!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank grafrobert
NickRimedio, General Manager at Kimpton La Peer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Hello grafrobert,

I apologize for your disappointment and hope to connect with you. Please reach out to me at Nick.Rimedio@lapeerhotel.com as I wish to learn more. I thank you for your loyalty as a Spire Inner Circle member, and look forward to speaking with you.

With best regards,

Nick

Reviewed January 4, 2020

When our annual girls trip was planned for LA, I began a hotel search and googled hotels near SUR restaurant. Kimpton La Peer was on the list. I read reviews about it and some other hotel options, and ultimately booked Kimpton. It turned out to be a great choice. The area surrounding the hotel is very walkable. We were able to walk to bars and restaurants --including SUR, PUMP, TomTom, The Abbey -- as well as local shops. Although there were a few hiccups upon arrival (room not ready on time, keycard mishap), the customer service at Kimpton La Peer was excellent and room credits were applied for these inconveniences. The hotel has a very cool and trendy lounge area just in front of the bar. It also has a complimentary Lyft service for destinations with a few minutes of the hotel, so we took advantage of this perk when heading out for dinner or when it started raining the one afternoon when we were out for brunch. The hotel has both a bar and a restaurant, and our group enjoyed cocktails at the bar and breakfast one morning in the restaurant. I did notice that by the end of the weekend (it was Memorial Day weekend), the lobby bathroom (the women's room at least) was not very well attended to - the trash cans were overflowing and the toilet paper and hand paper towels had not been restocked. As for room accommodations, the beds were very comfortable and the room had a very light decor. My one complaint is that the bathroom sink was a raised bowl, and it was very slow draining as well as difficult to reach for the shorter gals in our group. Our room did have a very nice view of the city. The hotel pool was bath water temperature which is probably great in cooler weather, but we had some unseasonably hot days during our stay so I opted to cool off in the ice cold outdoor shower which was excellent and refreshing. While relaxing poolside, we ordered drinks and a margherita pizza. The pizza was very tasty and was the perfect amount for the 4 of us to share as an afternoon nibble. Overall, the Kimpton La Peer was in a great location, had excellent customer service, and had on-site food and drink options if you didn't want to leave the property for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I would absolutely stay at the Kimpton La Peer hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Cody_LaPeerHotel, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton La Peer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear 858sharlae,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed account of your recent visit to La Peer and West Hollywood. I hope you had a fantastic girls trip! While I understand a few hiccups were experienced, it seems as though the overall visit was a success! I will take your constructive feedback to our teams and ensure we improve. I certainly hope we can host you again soon for your next trip! Feel free to reach out to me directly! cody.sexton@lapeerhotel.com.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2020

I was in LA for a two week break visiting family and bouncing about. i had four nights booked at the La Peer. When we left to visit other family we missed it so much we shortened our family visit and went back!

Exceptionally charming venue, loved the rooms and styling, and look forward to returning in the summer to enjoy the pool area.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear MichaelT8283,

To know that you would rather spend time with us brings a smile to our face! When family gets to be a bit much, we will be here for you! Let me know when you would like to return and I will get you taken care of. We look forward to being your home away from home for many years to come.

Best Regards,