1,199 results
All reviewsrooftop gardenboutique hotelsalt water poolquiet streetlos angelessanta monica blvdtucked awaysmall hotelresidential areasunset striphollywood hillsvalet parkinglounge areahotel guestshome away from homevalet stafffavorite hotel
Reviewed September 27, 2009

What a beautiful hotel this is, the staff are more than helpful the rooms were beautifully appointed. Beds are great & the best pillows of our whole trip !!!
Stunning rooftop pool & outdoor relaxation/breakfast area, humming birds greeted me each morning over coffee. Stunning views over the Hollywood hills, at night this area is just magical. Lot's of lovely guests too, very friendly atmosphere not a bit intimidating staff make a fuss of you if your alone. Sun on the pool area from sunrise to sunset perfect for a relaxing day by the pool to top up your tan read a book or whatever. Room service a little pricey but hotel staff didn't seem to mind my bringing up my own wine to the pool. Outside areas have lot's of electric sockets for your laptop & free wireless connection included. Valet parking only as the hotel is located in a residential area so on street parking limited to resident permits, this also means the hotel is extremely quiet at night. Ideally located for bars and restaraounts on Santa Monica Blvd just a five minute walk away....truly wonderful I will definatley come back every year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Princessalaska
K90069, Director of Marketing & Public Relations at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2010

We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for commenting on our staff, well appointed suites and quiet, residential location. Our signature custom crafted mattresses grace each of our 80 suites and we offer 24 hour room service. We’re so pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the salt water pool in our Private Rooftop Club while you were with us. It’s the ideal place to sun, enjoy a novel, or work in an idyllic atmosphere while using our complimentary WIFI. Thank you for staying with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 19, 2009

Loved the spacious room, charming decor, and shower The hotel staff, very friendly. Beautiful garden, pool and bar at top of building is soothing and beautifully done great view. The most spectacular part of the hotel. Shocked-$30 parking, no other option for parking. We didn't bring a pet, although they charge $150/night.

• Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank maddie8306

We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for commenting on our unique décor and our staff. Petit Ermitage is a pet friendly hotel and a wing of the property has been dedicated to the comfort of your four legged companion for a nominal fee. We also offer valet parking for the ease of coming and going from the property. We’re so pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the Butterfly Bar, Garden and salt water pool in our Private Rooftop Club while you were with us. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having the pleasure of your company again!

Reviewed August 18, 2009

Thanks to TripAdvisor, I found Le Petit and eagerly booked for a 2-night stay. It was everything we hoped for.

Right around the corner from the Whiskey and the Viper Room is this hidden gem in a most peaceful neighborhood. My hubby and I were immediately taken by the eclectic and warm decor; clearly a lot of thought and consideration went into it. Check-in and check-out was easy and pleasant. The valet service was very good and all of the staff were on the ball, even when we came back at 3 a.m. after a night on the town. There was a $30/night valet parking charge but it seemed worth it.

Our room was very small with a queen bed, fireplace, flat screen TV, and a little dining area with minibar. For two people, it was perfect. There wasn't a lot of space for luggage, but we managed. I took note of the fact that the closet contained extra pillows (thank you, not all hotels do this), a safe, robes, and slippers, I think there was iron/board as well. The bathroom was nicely decorated, and when I say this was the best shower I've ever taken in a hotel, I'm not kidding. The water pressure was fabulous, and the height of the showerhead was great for my 6'+ tall husband. I literally did not want to get out of the shower. And the bath products were lovely, a brand called Lelia Sea. The bed was extremely comfortable, with nice soft sheets. The bedside alarm clock had an iPod dock, bonus! Air conditioning was perfect and we had total control of it (unlike our experience in Seal Beach). The hallways featured unique art and furniture, and the dim lighting made for a very laid-back feel. The place was generally pretty quiet, something that we appreciate.

Already happy with the interior of the hotel, we ventured onto the roof to check out the pool. It was the place to be! Great views of the hills, lots of places to sit or lay down and chill, a fireplace, and even a spot where they show movies! The bar area was nice, as was the seating area for dining, which was delightfully laden with fragrant wildflowers and attracted numerous hummingbirds. An interesting variety of music piped through speakers at a pleasant volume. Due to our short stay, we did not get to try the food but I would bet it is very good.

We were sad to leave West Hollywood and Le Petit; the hotel felt like a little piece of Europe in L.A. If that sounds appealing to you, stay here! We are so glad we did, and would defnitely return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpinaciousB

We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for acknowledging our unique location, hand selected amenities and our staff. Each of our suites feature the latest waterworks fixtures and our décor includes an extensive private art collection that is unique on every floor. We’re so pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the garden in our Private Rooftop Club - which is a nationally registered wildlife habitat – due to the number of hummingbirds and butterflies it fosters. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having the pleasure of your company again!

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I have been coming here since this place was called Le Reve back in 1993 and the rooms went for $75 a night (aah the good old days). I stayed about five years ago just before the penultimate renovation, when it was called the Valadon. I had an ok impression of it then and have always chosen it because of its terrific location on a quiet, genteel street in West Hollywood. I had checked out the website of the new Le Petit and had seen it showcased in "The Bachelor" reality show on ABC. I said to myself, I HAVE to come here and see the new place for myself. Well, upon check-in, the room I had booked (the Executive Suite) had been taken and I was upgraded to the best room in the house #401. The room was like an apt. aprx. 650 sq. ft. and was beautifully furnished with hip but very tasteful decor. The staff from the front desk workers to the wonderful waiter, John made us feel like royalty and took care of our every need and request. I am very happy with the level of service I've seen and the renovations are spectacular and very cozy, esp. the beautiful rooftop pool and gardens which make a lovely spot for a nighttime party or dinner. This is one of the best places to stay in West LA and it is my home away from home in West Hollywood. Impeccable service, kind, courteous desk staff and wonderful ambiance make this a winner in my book. They do charge $30 for parking, but you can just leave your car in the safety of the secured garage and walk to any party spot on nearby Sunset Blvd. Awesome place! Great job, Le Petit!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed 4 nights at Le Petit. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood near the main attractions in West Hollywood. It is a unique boutique hotel, with beautifully decorated large rooms and bathrooms. The place was very clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Did not get the chance to check the roof top. As others commented, everything was an added expense- including the parking. However, since paying for parking is common in big cities (i.e. New York, D.C.), we did not see it as a problem. Finally, booking the hotel through a travel site, the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple