1,199 results
All reviewsrooftop gardenboutique hotelsalt water poolquiet streetlos angelessanta monica blvdtucked awaysmall hotelresidential areasunset striphollywood hillsvalet parkinglounge areahotel guestshome away from homevalet stafffavorite hotel
998 - 1,003 of 1,199 reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2009

stayed there 10 nights in a lovely room -- rooftop "scene" was fun as it's an outdoor garden and Moroccan themed pool area. The chill-out music is great if you're in Ibiza but a bit loud when wanting to sit at 7 am by the pool. Surprising the neighboring residents tolerate it. We didn't really feel anyone made an effort to know us, weren't ever addressed by name -- lacked intimacy that I'd have expected for such a small hotel. We will probably stay there again but now have lower expectations. Room was nice and quiet which was great. Expensive breakfasts ($15) when a muffin and coffee from the nearby Starbucks will do. Parking was $30/day which was a bit steep.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The place looks great. The location is great. The rooms are nice. BUT, you don't feel like a guest. Most of the time, friends of the owner or other wannabe actors of WH hijack the the fantastic pool area. As guests of the hotel, we didn't feel very welcom. However, the pool area has its own "liason of happiness" guy who walks around and makes sure everyone has a great time. He was pretty service-minded.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Just working class, and maybe I don't know from luxury. But my idea is, once I've bought in to a place, they treat me in some miniscule, yet detectable way, like an Oriental Potentate...., well, maybe a chocolate on the pillow, maybe free coffee (hey, Motel 6 does it), free parking?! Well, they could think of something nice, couldn't they?
What's nicest with Le Petit is the quiet neighborhood near the W. Hollywood bar scene. Beyond that, expect to pay:
$30 a night to park in their basement spaces (and you can't park on the streets). Then my wife had to get in the guy's face, in Spanish, before he would back off and let us park our own car.
Other reviewers mentioned the morning coffee in a sexy silver French press. Did they say it was not preheated, thus serving up a lukewarm brew? Did they mention it is $8 and only serves one, (unless you're big on demitasse)?
Check out the cute little Butterfly Bar, and its $14 shot of medium level tequila.
Clean, quiet, safe. Rooms okay.
But I felt like a cash cow. Their cash cow. Positively bovine.
Still, I like it better than did my wife!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I have now had two experiences with Hotel Le Petit -- both of them very bad. On my first stay they charged me for a number of items from the mini-bar that I had never consumed. They refunded my money and apologized so I gave it another shot and made a reservation for my next trip to L.A. I had to cancel that trip, so I sent an email to the reservations desk (two weeks ahead of my reservation). I had no response so I sent a second email. Again no response so I sent a third. Ignored again. After ignoring my three emails the hotel charged my credit card as a "no show." So far I have had no response from the hotel to my inquiry regarding this unauthorized charge.

One "mistake" I can understand. Two in a row and I begin to wonder whether these are really mistakes at all.

It''s a pretty hotel. But you are taking a big risk giving them your credit card information.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I work in LA often, and usually stay downtown. But from time to time I like to “adventure” out in other areas. Maybe a few nights in Pasadena. A few in Venice Beach. Trying different areas to get a better feel for the city as a whole.

A while back I decided to stay in the West Hollywood area and stumbled across this place.

I love it. My new favorite place to stay in LA.

Hotel le Petit is cool, relaxed, sexy and smart.

First – Location. Between Sunset and Santa Monica, two blocks to the Viper Room. Three blocks to the Whiskey a Go Go. Walking distance to the Troubadour and other places. A wide selection of bars, clubs and venues. Seven nights a week there is something to do and see. And of course, the restaurants in the area. Hotel le Petit is a three to six block walk to dozens of great restaurants, including a nice selection of French café’s on Sunset and places such as Nobu and the restaurants on Santa Monica. (Try Le Petit Tour.)

Second – Rooms. The rooms and hotel have an odd bohemian flair. Rugs. Ornaments. Fireplaces. Beds are nice. The place has a very warm, free and relaxing feel. Bathrooms are nice, not the best, but great amenities and they have clearly done quite a bit with what they have. I believe the building was built as apartments and the conversion to hotel leaves some of the “home” aspects intact. (Some rooms have a mini kitchen.) The art work is wonderful. The whole place feels like someone actually cares about it. There are loads of little details to be discovered.

Third – Rooftop. The rooftop pool bar / garden / lounge is amazing. There is a small polite bar with a limited but good menu. Great loungers. A nice garden. And lots of what are essentially queen sized beds set about. The setting approaches Romanesque. Breakfast in the garden is nice and polite with a nice buffet. In the cool evenings, they bring out faux fur blankets and there is an outdoor fireplace. The music is chill / downtempo / world and always nice. A great place to have an early cocktail before you wander on out into the night, or to sit and unwind after seeing a show. (Note – bar service was closing early when I was there. BYOB after about 10:30 on a weekend.)

All in all, this a romantic get away and great base to explore West Hollywood or an oasis of calm in a busy city.

I suggest looking at who is playing at the nearby venues and scheduling a two night get away and a show for a great mini escape.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business