“Unique”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Broadbeach, Australia
“Unique”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Very unique style hotel , great roof top restaurant , good size rooms , quiet location in west Hollywood but easy to get to all attractions , easy check in , friendly staff , it's a bit far out of the Hollywood strip but a $10 cab fair to get to walk of fame . Plenty of nice cafe and restaurants near by

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Hello Sally,

Happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Walk Of Fame is not too far but far enough not to experience the craziness of Hollywood boulevard.

Hope you can come back to LA soon so that I can recommend you some other fun attractions West Hollywood has to offer!

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The Petit could and should have been a perfect little hotel, and it's a shame that my 7-day stay over there was an overall disappointment.
The rooms are big, the rooftop garden and pool are beautiful. But that's not enough.
Charging $36 a day for hotel parking is outrageous. In LA It's like charging extra for hot water.
The breakfast buffet, also at a $30 cost, is far from generous. No meat, only boiled eggs and no vegetables.
But this was not the real issue. The service was the main shortcoming. Some of the guys at front desk were inattentive, bordering on being rude. No smiles, no will to help out. Arriving early morning after a 15 hours flight, they offered me no solution other than saying "Our official check in is at 4PM". Never mind that I had made a specific request for an early check-in. After sharing my frustration with them, with me heading to the exit, I overheard one of them say "I just hate these Sh***Y guests".
Next time I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Chamizer
Hello,

I was away for a couple of weeks so I want to apologize for not reaching out sooner. I am hoping you will contact me via e-mail with your phone number so that I may speak with you.

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Perfect location to shop, dine and relax in a trendy part of LA. Room was clean and decorated as per website. Reasonably priced and quiet rooms for the area. Swimming pool is tiny but enough to cool off in summer and relax on the many sun beds. Stayed 4 nights in the Demi-Suite. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Booked Demi suite which was the smallest but still lovely
Hello,

It's great to read that you plan on coming to visit us again. Make sure to contact me directly so that I can upgrade you and help you with your accommodations.

See you very soon I hope.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel was recommended indirectly through an old school friend via Facebook. I booked then checked reviews on Tripadvisor but was surprised at the varying reviews of this hotel.
My fears were unjust and we have just completed a very enjoyable 5 night stay at the hotel.
With only 80 rooms the hotel is boutique, the roof top a local sanctuary, and the staff laid back but very helpful. During breakfast, lunch, at the pool etc you never felt the need or pressure to close your tab and move on.
The rooms are as described and very comfortable and we had a small balcony which enabled us to have door open which is very important to us but harder to find amongst hotels in USA these days.
Location is fantastic and great walking, shopping, cafes and bars everywhere.
Thanks Petit Ermitage for a cosy and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We were in Room 214 and it was fine. No noise from above or side to side. We sleep early and had no...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Harry for your review!

How soon are you planing on coming back? We all miss you very much!

Contact me next time you plan a visit.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

While many might find the sexy location and hip veneer of this hotel mesmerizing, I only found a rude dishonesty and a lack of responsibility at the front desk. I arrived with a bonafide booking and reservation confirmation at 11:30pm. However my room had been sold to another person. It was not until 1am that the front desk staff begrudgingly assisted in finding me another room clear across town, at a much higher price category. During that time I was subjected to dishonest remarks and offered nothing to assuage the awful situation they put me in. To top it off when I tried to communicate after this ordeal with management after this event they did not follow through.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Scott T
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Scott,

The fact that the 3rd party vendor through which you booked your reservation messed up is certainly not a reason to bash our hotel specially when we did our best to help you. As you know we were completely sold out and you were not able to present any proof of reservation as well.

Nottm
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Great location, tucked away from the Sunset Strip, but an easy walk to local bars and restaurants. Loved the exterior of the hotel and the valet parking, we felt like film stars on arrival. The décor of the hotel was eclectic and quirky, there was always something new to spot. Check-in was efficient and welcoming and the lift staff were lovely, really friendly and down to earth. The room was 405 which had the wrap round balcony and great views over the neighbourhood. The roof top pool bar had great views over Hollywood and was great for people spotting, everyone in L.A looks famous and here was no exception. The waiting staff were friendly and attentive, we really enjoyed our evening drinks under the heat lamps with the furry throws and a couple of glasses of red. our daughter had her 13th birthday here and she recommended the cookie plate and the lemonade. We chose this hotel as a fab place for our daughter's birthday, but would have to agree that its probably somewhere that my husband and I would want to come as a couple next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lulupie,

It's great to read your review and to know that you had an AMAZING time at Petit. All of our staff goes above and beyond to make every guests stay their home away from home.
We have a huge amount of repeat guests that keep coming back and stay loyal to us because of the experience that we all provide.

Hope you can come back soon, if you do make sure to contact me. Also, you may share my e-mail with anyone you know that is interested in coming to visit LA and I will be more than happy to help them with accomodations.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Some friends had recommended Petit Hermitage which made cutting through the many LA options a lot easier for us. The hotel is in a very good location which is probably it's main benefit. It also has a popular roof top bar and a very funky vibe. The only down sides were the small pool surrounded by spectators (I guess that is what you get with a roof top pool bar) so not ideal for swimming and also some areas of the hotel were showing their age.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Your turn to recommend Petit to all of your friends!

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this great review.

In hopes of having the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#17 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!