“An open mind is the key here”
Review of Petit Ermitage

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“An open mind is the key here”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in WeHo, the main gay district of Los Angeles. The result was a really cool local vibe, with a strong local arts community, millions of cute tiny dogs and some great food options close by.

Our room was enormous, coming with a fully equipped kitchen, large bathroom and king sized bed, plus a huge TV. It was spotlessly cleaned each day. We ordered room service one night which was expensive but excellent quality.

As LA is such a huge city, you will need cabs at some point. However we could walk to Hollywood boulevard, Beverly Hills and a Rodeo drive within 45 leisurely minutes without much trouble and we had breakfast within a ten minute walk each day.

The rooftop bar/terrace was fantastic, a great of use of space with a very smooth vibe. Its a must to take in a great view of the city at night and gives a rare feeling of space.

We would happily stay again if we return to LA.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Love the title of your review!

We definitely do not cater to the cookie cuter crowd that is use to redundant boring hotel experiences. Our property is more for the world experienced travelers that like to have fun and that are open minded like you mentioned.

I would like to personally host you next time you plan coming back. E-mail me and let's keep in touch.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

only complaint, and it is a major complaint, is the sheets smell like detergent..they need to use a non-allergy, free & clear cleaning product.

the property is special in every respect .. the staff is awesome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you for the review. The staff is indeed awesome, everyone will go above and beyond to make every one part of our family.
See you soon I hope! Please contact me before your next visit.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014

For the price, it's a steal...

Make sure you take advantage of the pool deck upstairs, it's amazing. I woke up very early all three days that I was there and took a duo in the pool (it's open 24 hours).

The rooms are beautifully, very clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly. The staff upstairs was taken over by a band playing one night, so I don't hold the bad service on them. The band however, which was free if charge to attend, was amazing. It wS just hard to grab the waiter for a drink.

All in all, this will be the place if stay for all future LA trips. I highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sean,

You said it all in your review, Petit Ermitage is THE place to stay when coming to LA, that's if you like hotels that provide you with an Experience that keeps you wanting for more.
Be sure to reach out to me next time you plan on coming to LA.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My son recently moved to West Hollywood, and I wanted to find a hotel near his new apartment. Well, I was lucky to find the Petit Ermitage only half a block away, and I was lucky that the Petit Ermitage was so nice. My daughter and I stayed for 4 nights, and we were both very happy with our room, and the hotel staff. I'm always concerned about noise when I travel, and there were times we could hear our next door neighbors, but never after we turned off the lights for bed. I think the room air-conditioner might have helped on that account. We will definitely stay there the next time we visit our son.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris,

It's time to come visit your son again, he misses you a lot. We are all waiting for your return.
E-mail me so that we can build a relationship.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Petit Ermitage. The staff was wonderful and friendly. They greeted me as I came in and out of the hotel. They were also helpful when I had questions about getting around West Hollywood. My room was amazing. I just had a standard room and it was gorgeous. I came to this hotel looking for a weekend get-away after working hard towards a promotion and this hotel and the staff made me feel like I was a VIP. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 star is because of the restaurant. Don't get me wrong the roof top restaurant was gorgeous and the service was top of the line... I just didn't care for the menu. Great hotel anyway.

Room Tip: The first floor was pretty quiet. Maybe try to get a room in the middle of the floor? I had a room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Raven Raven Raven,

How could you not love our menu? Did you try a dish at least or you just didn't like what you read? Anyways, next time you come and stay with us I will have you try our dishes, they are all exceptional. Being French, I am very picky when it comes to food and I have to say that we provide amazing food and drinks.
Just come back soon and I will guarantee you will be eating here for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout your stay.

Belmar, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here for a girl's weekend. It was an incredible experience. The Petit Ermitage is so much more than a hotel, it's a trip down the rabbit hole. There's a dreamy rooftop garden restaurant (where we received a visit from a hummingbird who kindly posed for me [pictured]), delicious healthy food (but also excellent french fries!), an enchanting rooftop pool area full of beautiful, fascinating people (but also ordinary people like me, so don't get intimidated), heady beautiful aromas wafting throughout (I bought one of the hotel candles and yes, you can rub its essentials oils on your wrist), a genuinely friendly and kind staff (I'm from NJ so that alone is surreal to me, har har), and spectacular views.

We were in a junior suite on the third floor. I chose a junior suite because it had a sleeper sofa (why are rooms with 2 double beds so hard to find in West Hollywood?). The sofa bed mattress was memory foam and surprisingly comfortable. The hotel is situated on a quiet street but within a short walking distance to both Santa Monica Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. (where you'll come upon The Viper Room, and a little farther up, Book Soup, a book shop that is a delight in itself). There are many restaurants and sidewalk cafes along either boulevards.

In the evenings, the entertainment in the Butterfly Bar at the Petit Ermitage was out of this world. Friday night featured a fierce, larger-than-life spoken-word/jazz performance artist and Saturday night, burlesque circus performers. (Hello I felt like a beatnik. I think I am a beatnik!) Both nights, a couple of women from the audience joined the performances. Hollywood really does ooze beauty and talent.

My only complaint: I paid for an upgrade that promised fresh flowers from the garden in our room, and there were none. As a garden nerd, I was disappointed, then the wine that was included in the upgrade was delivered, and I forgot those sorrows and more. Thank you Petit Ermitage for a legendary weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to read that you have also realized that Petit Ermitage is just more than a hotel and that we create memorable experiences. We are definitely original when it comes to entertaining our family members. You need to be open minded though, if you are the boring type then we are not for you.
The jazz performer you are referring to is called Toledo, he has been playing for us every Friday for the past years without ever missing one performance.
Anyways it's time for you to come back and experience more. I will be waiting for your e-mail shortly.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2014

-Very comfortable bed and sheets
-Fireplace in the room
-Beautiful Fireplace on the Private Rooftop a Club
-Friendly waiters during my breakfast dining experience
-Not so friendly front desk staff upon arrival. Try smiling and saying hello when guests walk in. It goes a long way !! Your first impression is so valuable.

The room and hotel are a mix of Bohemian, flea market, old world-esque.
Upon entering the room I couldn't help but notice the musty smell. Kind of as if you walked into an old gypsy grandma's house. After a while, you get used to it. Not sure if that's good or bad.
The carpet is way past expiration. It is patterned which is very forgiving but it just looks very well used. There's a bikini in the room for sale, as well as the standard mini bar and snack offerings. All in all this was a charming place to stay and an interesting experience for me, as I
tend to choose larger chains as opposed to small, boutique properties.

I'm not certain that I will choose them again in the future but this was an interesting experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Next time you plan on coming to LA just call me and I will guarantee you will keep coming back. Forget the big chains unless you are into collecting points. I know you had a few hiccups which are not acceptable of course but those have already been fixed.
See you soon ok?

Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#17 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!