Petit Ermitage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$316
$240
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$269
$399
$389
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$278
$240
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
  • Restaurant
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$335
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$377
$237
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$415
$350
1,138 results
All reviewsrooftop gardenboutique hotelsalt water pooljunior suitelos angelessanta monica blvdquiet streettucked awaysmall hotelhollywood hillsresidential areasunset stripvalet parkinglounge areahotel guestsfavorite hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Petit Ermitage. The staff was wonderful and friendly. They greeted me as I came in and out of the hotel. They were also helpful when I had questions about getting around West Hollywood. My room was amazing. I just had a standard room and it was gorgeous. I came to this hotel looking for a weekend get-away after working hard towards a promotion and this hotel and the staff made me feel like I was a VIP. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 star is because of the restaurant. Don't get me wrong the roof top restaurant was gorgeous and the service was top of the line... I just didn't care for the menu. Great hotel anyway.

Room Tip: The first floor was pretty quiet. Maybe try to get a room in the middle of the floor? I had a room on the side of the hotel and could look right into someone's apartment.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Raven Raven Raven,

How could you not love our menu? Did you try a dish at least or you just didn't like what you read? Anyways, next time you come and stay with us I will have you try our dishes, they are all exceptional. Being French, I am very picky when it comes to food and I have to say that we provide amazing food and drinks.
Just come back soon and I will guarantee you will be eating here for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout your stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here for a girl's weekend. It was an incredible experience. The Petit Ermitage is so much more than a hotel, it's a trip down the rabbit hole. There's a dreamy rooftop garden restaurant (where we received a visit from a hummingbird who kindly posed for me [pictured]), delicious healthy food (but also excellent french fries!), an enchanting rooftop pool area full of beautiful, fascinating people (but also ordinary people like me, so don't get intimidated), heady beautiful aromas wafting throughout (I bought one of the hotel candles and yes, you can rub its essentials oils on your wrist), a genuinely friendly and kind staff (I'm from NJ so that alone is surreal to me, har har), and spectacular views.

We were in a junior suite on the third floor. I chose a junior suite because it had a sleeper sofa (why are rooms with 2 double beds so hard to find in West Hollywood?). The sofa bed mattress was memory foam and surprisingly comfortable. The hotel is situated on a quiet street but within a short walking distance to both Santa Monica Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. (where you'll come upon The Viper Room, and a little farther up, Book Soup, a book shop that is a delight in itself). There are many restaurants and sidewalk cafes along either boulevards.

In the evenings, the entertainment in the Butterfly Bar at the Petit Ermitage was out of this world. Friday night featured a fierce, larger-than-life spoken-word/jazz performance artist and Saturday night, burlesque circus performers. (Hello I felt like a beatnik. I think I am a beatnik!) Both nights, a couple of women from the audience joined the performances. Hollywood really does ooze beauty and talent.

My only complaint: I paid for an upgrade that promised fresh flowers from the garden in our room, and there were none. As a garden nerd, I was disappointed, then the wine that was included in the upgrade was delivered, and I forgot those sorrows and more. Thank you Petit Ermitage for a legendary weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

I am happy to read that you have also realized that Petit Ermitage is just more than a hotel and that we create memorable experiences. We are definitely original when it comes to entertaining our family members. You need to be open minded though, if you are the boring type then we are not for you.
The jazz performer you are referring to is called Toledo, he has been playing for us every Friday for the past years without ever missing one performance.
Anyways it's time for you to come back and experience more. I will be waiting for your e-mail shortly.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

-Very comfortable bed and sheets
-Fireplace in the room
-Beautiful Fireplace on the Private Rooftop a Club
-Friendly waiters during my breakfast dining experience
-Not so friendly front desk staff upon arrival. Try smiling and saying hello when guests walk in. It goes a long way !! Your first impression is so valuable.

The room and hotel are a mix of Bohemian, flea market, old world-esque.
Upon entering the room I couldn't help but notice the musty smell. Kind of as if you walked into an old gypsy grandma's house. After a while, you get used to it. Not sure if that's good or bad.
The carpet is way past expiration. It is patterned which is very forgiving but it just looks very well used. There's a bikini in the room for sale, as well as the standard mini bar and snack offerings. All in all this was a charming place to stay and an interesting experience for me, as I
tend to choose larger chains as opposed to small, boutique properties.

I'm not certain that I will choose them again in the future but this was an interesting experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Next time you plan on coming to LA just call me and I will guarantee you will keep coming back. Forget the big chains unless you are into collecting points. I know you had a few hiccups which are not acceptable of course but those have already been fixed.
See you soon ok?

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Petite Ermitage for two nights and it was a refreshing way to experience Los Angeles. I have experienced most of the famous Los Angeles hotels and I would rather stay here than there. Why? Intimate. Charming rooms with fireplace. Fantastic rooftop restaurant, pool and lounge. Not a production to get your car from valet. Friendly staff. Unique artwork in the hallways. I felt like I was in Provence eating breakfast on the rooftop outdoor dining room. Great location, easy walk to Sunset for shopping or eating. Quiet and peaceful.
Only negative is that they have one small elevator, but I was told that they are planning to expand slightly which includes another elevator.
FANTASTIC CHIC HOTEL

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

It only takes one stay to get hooked on Petit.
Our house definitely has a French flair to it and we are planing on expanding it right next door.
Just e-mail me next time you plan a visit to LA as it would be my pleasure to be your ally.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary. The rooms are comfortable, with flat screens, fireplaces, and well thought out lighting. The bathrooms are small but well stocked. The rooftop garden and pool make the place. Very romantic for any meal, or just lounging near the fire. Fresh cookies at check in were a sweet touch. The one bitter note is the $36 parking charge. As my husband and I arrived separately, the parking was $72! For a hotel with rates starting at $300, do they really need to overcharge on parking? My recommendation is to leave your car at one of the nearby lots on Santa Monica for $8 and enjoy the block walk through the neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank CAFamilyOf5

Hello,

I totally agree with you parking is expensive nowadays but that's the same story in any hotel you go to that is located in big cities. Have you seen the prices of parking in SF or NY?
I recommend you book our special room packages that include breakfast for two, valet, bottle of champagne, it's a steal!
Contact me next time directly and I will handle your reservation booking.,