“Worth every penny!”
Review of Petit Ermitage

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a terrific hotel if you're looking for a boutique hotel that will give you an experience you will always remember. It is pricey, and was a splurge for me. I crossed my fingers that it would not disappoint, and it did not! The hotel is so unique. It has a totally bohemian style. It is like a Tim Burton circus. This hotel is not for you if you are uptight or very conservative in your views. It has a great, dark sense of humor. European (topless) pool, intimacy kits in the bedrooms, abstract drawings in the stairwell of mouths popping pills. It is very tastefully executed, but not for those whose idea of a perfect hotel experience is the Ritz Carleton. Absolutely DO NOT leave this hotel without having dinner in the rooftop restaurant. The atmosphere is georgeous, and the food and drink were literally the best I have ever had...anywhere. It was so unique, and perfectly prepared. The staff is so friendly and accomodating. The only disappointment for me is that photography is prohibited anywhere in the hotel....I would have loved to get pictures of all the details. Not sure if they do this because of celebs or the European pool, but they say it's because of all the antique pieces of art (yeah right). You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stef552
There are newer reviews for Petit Ermitage

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Phenomenal dinner options in one of the coolest rooftop lounges LA has to offer. The Tangine du Jour was incredible, as were the cocktails and ambiance for our party of four. Can't recommend a more unique date in the city!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CtheWorld17
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great location in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood, this hotel is a little gem!

The rooms are large and nicely decorated, and the private rooftop bar is just amazing! We had a really top notch service and I'd seriously recommend this place.

The only thing I am not happy about is the $36 overnight fee parking, which adds a lot to the room price and is a bit of a rip off. In a country where everyone drives, they should clearly state this hidden charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tonyp816
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Petit Ermitage in September 2013 and had the most amazing time. Our suite was fabulous, the food was wonderful and the drinks and service second to none.
I think sitting with a cocktail in the rooftop pool may be one of the best memories I have - can't reccommend this highly enough, we even got engaged here making it even more special! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently stayed here with my sisters when they came to Los Angeles for a weekend. The staff were very friendly and we had a great time at the rooftop restaurant/pool area. What a gorgeous little space to get away for a bit. The only downside was that we had a hotel room with a king size bed and a pull out couch. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable. We made it work for the weekend, but probably wouldn't choose a room like that again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maya A
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Petit Ermitage is a very good" hotel overall. The service was very good. The value was average. The sleep quality was very good. The cleanliness is average. The location is very good. The room was very good. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in early June, and I left a coat somewhere on the premises. I was 100% certain I had left it, and I realized this before I even checked out. I therefore asked every single staff member - from the rooftop bar to the cleaning staff to the front desk - and no one had any knowledge of it. I called and emailed several times afterwards. The people on the phone weren't very helpful, and no one responded to my two email messages. TWO MONTHS later, I got a voicemessage from a guy in guest relations, explaining that he had had the coat in his office for "two months" and had only just that day looked in the pocket and found my business cards. In the intervening time, I had assumed the jacket was lost, so I replaced it. I've called no fewer than 10 times about getting the jacket back and paying for my new jacket, which I wouldn't have had to buy if the hotel staff communicated efficiently (or at all). Each time I call, I'm told that a manager will return my call. They've yet to do so. I've posted only one other review on this site, and it was glowing - so you know it's taken a lot for me to make the time to post a review, and a bad one at that. It's irresponsible, unethical and disrespectful for a customer service organization to be this unresponsive about a matter such as this. The place itself is a perfectly hospitable boutique hotel, but the staff needs a serious reboot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SurfKiteSki
Nico H, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear SurfKite Ski,

Please allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is Nico H. and I am the General Manager at Petit Ermitage. I am writing to you in response to your recent Trip Advisor review.

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage and furthermore I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the fact that your lost and found item query was handled so poorly and with such delay. Your review did unfortunately not come totally as a surprize and it is just confirming, what I have experienced since my arrival at the Hotel a few months ago.

However, I am happy to confirm that we have almost turned our entire Guest Services team around (including management) to ensure better guest service and communication going forward. Our new Guest Services Manager has been trying to contact you directly to resolve the above issue.

I am hoping that we will be able to restore your faith in our Guest Services team and that we will be able to welcome you back to the Petit Ermitage in the near future.

Nico H.

The Hollywood Roosevelt
#17 of 352 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!