“"Very good" hotel”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
St. Petersburg, Florida
“"Very good" hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Petit Ermitage is a very good" hotel overall. The service was very good. The value was average. The sleep quality was very good. The cleanliness is average. The location is very good. The room was very good. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in early June, and I left a coat somewhere on the premises. I was 100% certain I had left it, and I realized this before I even checked out. I therefore asked every single staff member - from the rooftop bar to the cleaning staff to the front desk - and no one had any knowledge of it. I called and emailed several times afterwards. The people on the phone weren't very helpful, and no one responded to my two email messages. TWO MONTHS later, I got a voicemessage from a guy in guest relations, explaining that he had had the coat in his office for "two months" and had only just that day looked in the pocket and found my business cards. In the intervening time, I had assumed the jacket was lost, so I replaced it. I've called no fewer than 10 times about getting the jacket back and paying for my new jacket, which I wouldn't have had to buy if the hotel staff communicated efficiently (or at all). Each time I call, I'm told that a manager will return my call. They've yet to do so. I've posted only one other review on this site, and it was glowing - so you know it's taken a lot for me to make the time to post a review, and a bad one at that. It's irresponsible, unethical and disrespectful for a customer service organization to be this unresponsive about a matter such as this. The place itself is a perfectly hospitable boutique hotel, but the staff needs a serious reboot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SurfKiteSki
Nico H, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear SurfKite Ski,

Please allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is Nico H. and I am the General Manager at Petit Ermitage. I am writing to you in response to your recent Trip Advisor review.

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage and furthermore I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the fact that your lost and found item query was handled so poorly and with such delay. Your review did unfortunately not come totally as a surprize and it is just confirming, what I have experienced since my arrival at the Hotel a few months ago.

However, I am happy to confirm that we have almost turned our entire Guest Services team around (including management) to ensure better guest service and communication going forward. Our new Guest Services Manager has been trying to contact you directly to resolve the above issue.

I am hoping that we will be able to restore your faith in our Guest Services team and that we will be able to welcome you back to the Petit Ermitage in the near future.

Nico H.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had visited the hotel rooftop pool with a friend who is a member of the club, and decided that I would stay at the hotel on my next visit to LA.

This was overall a great choice, though there are a few bits of caution I would throw out there.
Pros: Overall very friendly staff - both at the reception desk and the waitstaff I dealt with at the pool and restaurant. I was on the 3rd floor and didnt hear any noise from upstairs club as others have mentioned. My room was comfortable, the bed was great - I slept so well and the sheets were comfortable, and the toiletries were great. I needed an ice bucket with ice and the staff sent it quickly. Very nice. Also, I liked the pool and the food/ drinks served upstairs. All high quality. The house-made granola I had for breakfast was particularly tasty - I loved the dried sour cherries in it.
Cons: Service is expensive at the pool deck. While of high quality, both in the restaurant and at the pool they charge a service charge as well as expect a tip. Things add up QUICKLY due to this, so watch out. While the pool is lovely, the seating areas get reserved quickly so you need to get there early if you want to even be able to sit out there. Plus, I noticed that there are really no individual chairs. there are large padded beds that you split with others. So it can get a little too intimate if you're not careful. I'd prefer more privacy. The charge for the valet service is $36, which seems steep.
Overall, though, I recommed it. It's a little oasis near a busy fun area of West Hollywood but still feels secluded and intimate.

Room Tip: stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor to avoid noise from the 4th floor club/ pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jasoncrh
Seattle
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved the hotel, rooms are large, rooftop bar is for guests only and is fantastic. The only way the hotel really makes money on the bar is to rent it out for events. That said, the kitchen is on the first floor in the back, so wait staff and carts all go down the hall with wooden floors to the elevator up to the fourth floor (rooftop bar) And its quite noisy. If you're on the third floor, lots of noise from the rooftop (bass from the music, depending on the event, as well as constant footsteps...read women in heals). TIP stay on the second floor and its perfect. I will stay again, but will make sure I'm on the second floor. It took two nights to figure this out.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justsayhey55
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel and it was in a great location - cool restaurants nearby on Sunset, Melrose etc. The rooftop is the best feature of this hotel - an oasis to take in the view at a poolside area.

• Stayed September 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Petit Ermitage twice now, and each time I have not been disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are friendly. The rooftop club is the perfect place for a cocktail after a long days shopping.
The only negative is that, as guests, we still had to pay for the valet parking, which I would of thought should be free if you are staying in the hotel.
Otherwise, great value for a great place to stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I find the hotel a place for me to unwind and a great place to meet friends and family when returning to the USA. Your rooftop pool and garden restaurant provides a fabulous jet lag recovery space. Your rooms only need a better sound system to give me you a 5 rating.

• Stayed September 2013
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#14 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!