“Promises promises” 2 of 5 stars

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Promises promises”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were promised a double suite which was unavailable at check in. We were then promised a king with a comfortable pull out couch bed which was horrid. The pillow top never arrived so we had to ask for it. The bottle of wine promised we also had to request. The TV in the room did not work. The carpets were filthy.
The desk did not advise us a late check out would void our room keys so we were unable to get back in the room.
On the plus side the food is very good. So many other choices in the area make it highly unlikely we will return.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Roxypants
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Roxypants,

I am sad to hear you did not have a pleasant time with us here at Petit Ermitage. I know my apology will not rewind time, but please let me assure you that each incident described has been addressed with the staff and I apologize for any and all misscommunication or lack of follow through from our end. This is certainly not the standard of Petit. I know you have already spoken to a member of my management team about this all and should you choose to stay with us again, we will make sure everything is flawless and you will experience our hideaway the way it was intended to; to relax and enjoy all we have to offer. And last but certainly not least, thank you for taking the time to leave us such valuable feedback. Everyone here strives to give our guests a fond experience and each bit of feedback helps us finetune our skills and services. Please let me know if or when you return so I can personally make sure you are well taken care of. Warmest regards from West Hollywood.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Location
Perfect loaction in the middle of West Hollywood - however, quiet rooms - Viper Room, Rainbow, Roxy just round the corner, pricy but comfortable valet parking with perfect service.

Hotel
Nice reception area, wonderful roof terrace with pool, small meals to order there, great cocktails, beautiful restaurant. You are in the middle of West Hollywood but the hotel is like a remote, quiet and very cool place, the view from the realxing area on the roof terrace is spectacular, the amenities up there perfect.

Staff was very friendly and helpful staff in all areas, reception, restaurant, roof terrace, room service, valet parking - perfect.

Rooms
Quite big room with a well filled bar, high end coffee/tea making facilites, very cosy beds, perfect bathroom. All you would want in a luxury hotel room.

The perfect location for a stay in West Hollywood, you can reach lots of cool and interesting places and yet retreat for realxing stay, e.g. by the poolside of the roof terrace.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello Moguntia,

thank you for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful review. We are happy you enjoyed the complete Petit Ermitage experience, from the location, to the design, amenities, service and suites. It sounds like you got to soak up some sun, relax on our Private Rooftop Club and explore the West Hollywood area. We are looking forward to welcome you back the next time you visit LA!
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We loved our 4-night stay at Petit Ermitage. The service was fantastic, the hotel quiet and unbelievably convenient, and the art collection and rooftop garden were practically worth it in themselves. Other reviewers have said they felt a need for freshening up. I understand, but I also know that given the choice between a big slick hotel and this one, I'd choose the Petit Ermitage any time. T

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor facing the street. It was spacious and comfortable and quiet. I did not...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pam M
Greetings Pam,

it sounds like you truly got what Petit Ermitage is about. We're happy you enjoyed our art, the design and most of all our Private Rooftop Club and service of our team. Isn't it just magical up in the Garden, or by the pool? Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We will certainly make sure that your next stay is just as wonderful as this last one and are looking forward to welcome you back again in the future. Please let me or my staff know if there is anything we may be able of assistance with the next time you're with us.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I want to live on the rooftop of the Petit Ermitage. I arrived late at night and thought my room was sweet but a little more shabby than chic, yet when I awoke the next morning and went up to the rooftop for breakfast, I thought: Yes! I picked the right place! If you're in to a funky, cool vibe, that rooftop is for you. The bohemian restaurant/bar area was pretty and inviting, with comfortable tables and settees to lounge the hours away, all in a lovely garden setting with beautiful views of the Hollywood hills. And the breakfast buffet - which i normally avoid - was spot on: yummy, healthy, abundant breakfast fare. I stayed for 4 days and they always remembered where I liked to sit, how I took my coffee, if I might join them later .... the whole place has a very homey, familial feel. I had dinner there one night too, where the space is completely transformed -- still cozy but with a chic and sexy vibe -- billowing curtains and tents and candles and a fire pit with faux leopard blankets. I'm telling you, I wanted to move in! Up there.
If the rooms were as sexy and cool as the rooftop pool area, they'd have to charge a lot more than they do. On the plus side, my junior suite was charming and extremely spacious, with a separate, step-down sitting area with fireplace and tiny balcony, and a dressing area with large closet. It had many lovely amenities and I was comfortable. But it was pretty dark, and the bathroom was not exactly modern, with old-fashioned tile and a low tub, and the furniture, while funky, was not exactly new. Frankly, I hope they keep things as it is now, so that I can afford to still stay there! It's just that the roof top gives the impression of a level of chic in the rooms that just isn't there.
I can't really speak of the neighborhood, because in all honesty, I hardly left the place! The weather was unseasonably warm when i was there so a friend joined me for a day at their "European" pool, which in itself was a total delight -- no kids after noon (!) and almost-bathwater warm. The cocktails were festive, lunch was poolside and perfect, and moving around to different loungers was not a problem. I just felt so comfortable up there .... there were just enough people to make it seem comfortable but never too many to make it crowded. Service was really friendly and attentive and I met really cool people. What a gem.

Room Tip: Is there a brighter side of the hotel, ie. is one side brighter than the other? My room on the 3rd...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hidden bohemian hotel is small but lovely. The details really make this place special. The roof top alone was incredible. You can eat in the butterfly garden, sit by the fire place or sit by the heated salt water pool. The staff is extremely attentive and the drinks/food were delicious. I never wanted to leave the roof. At night they light the heaters and you can enjoy the fireplace. The staff will even bring you a blanket to keep you warm. The room it self was pretty large with a fireplace and seating area (junior suite) but i was a bit disappointed by the balcony. I think it would have been better off if they didn't advertise that there was even one at all. It was a foot and a half wide stucco balcony that you could step put on and that was it. The beautiful Morocco theme carried in to the room but the amenities could have been a bit nicer. All and all i would come back for the private roof experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth G
Byron Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a delightful boutique hotel in a quiet neighbourhood street so close to all that is West Hollywood.

Loved the Decor, ambience and the cookies. Each morning we walked down to Santa Monica Blvd and had a great breakfast.

The room was spacious, peaceful and it almost felt like your own little apartment.

A tad disappointed at the cost of valet parking but a minor grumble in the scheme of things.

I would definitely choose to stay again

Room Tip: All rooms are peaceful and large.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are so many positives about this hotel- the convenient West Hollywood location, the charm, the outdoor rooftop restaurant, the art that fills the walls of the common areas, the friendly front desk and valet staff... I would say our overall experience at Petit Ermitage was somewhat above average, but the rooms would need a freshening-up before I would stay there again.

We stayed in an Executive Suite on the 2nd Floor. It was large, quiet, with a nice little balcony and a gas fireplace. It had potential, and I liked some of the antique furniture, but our overall impression was that the room was dark and slightly dingy feeling. The kitchenette, for one thing, looked like it belonged in an old motel- very run down. While there were some good aspects- the white bedding/duvet cover, the flat screen tv- the room didn't really feel clean and up-to-date.

Petit Ermitage, don't lose your charm, but don't rely on it, either!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business