“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in West Hollywood!!”
Review of Petit Ermitage

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed August 13, 2012

From the moment we stepped out of the Taxi and arrived to Petit Ermitage we knew that we had picked a gem. This hotel is everything you want and need in a boutique style hotel. The junior suite rooms are a refreshing alternative from traditional hotel rooms in big hotel chains. These rooms were intimate, roomy, clean and well decorated. The hotel staff were accomodating and friendly all of the time. The rooftop patio was spectacular and the food and drinks are top notch. If it wasn't our first time to LA, we would have definately spent most of our time at the hotel. The nice thing about this hotel is that you can always access the rooftop patio....even after a long day of doing all the touristy stuff, dinner, and drinks at different venues around West Hollywood, we always retreated back to the rooftop patio to wind down. Nobody ever kicked you out or made you feel unwelcome. We only had breakfast in the restaurant and it was probably the best breakfast I had all week. The yoghurt with the homemade granola is outstanding, the eggs benedict was out of this world and the egg and bacon sandwich on brioche is fabulous. Everything was fresh and delicous. Any of the negative reviews on this hotel are really surprising as this hotel completely exceeded my expectations and I"m a pretty hard person to please....lol. Good job to all the staff who are the reason why this hotel does so well. If I was lucky enough to visit LA again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LOVE2TRAVEL64

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel on a junior suite in june and I really enjoyed.They have a private rooftop club with stunning views of Los Angeles,and I loved to take there the breakfast.The decor and the art of the hotel was very very nice ,the stuff friendly and helpfull.Very nice pool on the rooof.

Room Tip: Junior suite it is awesome
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adina C
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Adina,

Thank you for your feedback and compliments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your 3 day getaway at our hotel and the private rooftop club with its heated saltwater pool, the firedeck and cabana beds. Breakfast in our Garden is indeed one of my favourite times here at the hotel and I hope you had some hummingbirds and butterflies accompany you in the morning, as they usually do. Thank you also for noting the service level and care of our staff, I will happily pass this along. Please let me know the next time you are joining us again and if there is anything else we can do to make your time at Petit Ermitage even more enjoyable. Have a wonderful rest of summer and see you soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

From check-in to check-out staying at the Petit Ermitage was more than a hotel stay, it was a completely immersive experience where no detail was overlooked. All of your senses are treated to new wonders - the art and decor are dazzling and unique, the toiletries are top notch smelling of lavender and peppermint, a Petit Ermitage soundtrack of sorts plays throughout the space and finally to satisfy your taste buds cookies are available in a small jar at the front desk.

Our room was very nice, we paid a bit more for a Junior Suite and it was well worth it. We had plenty of space to spread out. I loved the rooftop pool though it did get a bit crowded... but of course it did, it is simply beautiful. A wonderful place to unwind in the afternoon before heading out for the evening.

Great location - easy to walk to restaurants and shops. The hotel does only offer valet parking which is something to consider if you plan to rent a car while in LA. Don't allow this to be a deal breaker though - you'll be missing out.

The service was very good at the front desk and valet. Service at the pool was a bit slow, but perfectly nice. I figure they just want to allow people space to relax and respect the privacy of the guests.

Dinner at the restaurant was top-notch - the food and service. (Thank you Giovanni!!) We hosted two friends and they were blown away just as we were. We had breakfast one morning and it was just a good.

We cannot wait to return! This is our new favorite.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey R
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Audrey,

before I say thank you for leaving such a beautiful review, let me say I am so very happy you enjoyed literally every aspect of Petit Ermitage to its full potential. The art, location, amenities, suites, our private rooftop club and of course the service! Wonderful! And I will share this with my staff right away as they work very hard to make every experience, as you so eloquently put it "a completely immersive one". As far as service by our salt water pool, we do indeed try to give every guest of ours their space, but if it appeared a tad to relaxed for you, I shall address this right away, as it is an easy fix for us and we can adapt to any person's needs with ease and cater to each wish. Again, thank you for such a lovely note. See you soon and let me know if there is ever anything that I can do for you or that we as a team here can set up the next time you are on property? Favourite suite, table, lounge chair or cabana bed? It'll be our pleasure to make sure your second time with us will be just as wonderful as the first.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is very well furnished and as I remember, quite reasonable. The staff were amazing and the concierge helped us plan our time in LA with some great recommendations.

The restaurant on the roof is something else. they have little tents set up on the roof that you can have for private dining and they were screening Pulp Fiction in the main restaurant so you could watch that and eat. Great idea. Great food, great staff. Well done!

Room Tip: Don't think there was a huge difference. We were out enjoying LA most of the time anyway!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slrf4196
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Good Afternoon,

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our property. We're very happy you enjoyed the service level of our staff, the private rooftop club, our restaurant and our Monday movie nights, which is still one of my favourite things here at Petit. Getting comfortable and cozy on the firedeck while enjoying some amazing food, a great atmosphere and a good movie. We hope to have you back soon and will be working hard to ensure your next trip will be even more magical than your last.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was such an experience at Petit Ermitage to spend some time , either it is so elegant, so cozy and or yet a first class boutique hotel if you are nearby West Hollywood maybe in the whole L.A city. Definitely a high reccomend place, and all the price you pay for this hotel is worth every penny. See you soon Petit:))

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ozgur P

Dear Ozgur,

thank you for giving us a perfectly short and sweet review. We're so very happy you enjoyed Petit Ermitage, its style, coziness and service. Hope to see you back soon and let us know if there is ever anything we can set up for you ahead of time!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Petit Ermitage is one of the nicest little hotels I've ever stayed in! I first stayed there when I came to LA for Pride in early June and I chose it for its location right around the corner from all of the shops and nightlife on Santa Monica Blvd. in the heart of West Hollywood. But I instantly fell in love with its charm and exceptional level of customer service.

For starters, before you even enter the lobby, the entrance to the hotel makes you feel like you're stepping back in time into an Art Nouveau pied-a-terre. The theme of "La Vie Boheme" continues throughout the property, from the French music and spicy, yet not overpowering, incense in the lobby to the circus-themed decor and brass and leather accents in the hallways and rooms, to the rooftop garden/cafe/bar/pool. Every room is either a junior suite or larger, so each has a sitting area with fireplace and balcony in addition to the bedroom area. Some suites even have a little dining/breakfast area.

The attention to detail that went into designing and furnishing Petit Ermitage truly makes me feel like I'm staying at someone's home and not at a stodgy, run-of-the-mill chain hotel. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at the rooftop restaurant and every time feels like a magical experience. The pool is open 24 hours and is especially charming after dark, when you can socialize with fellow travelers under the stars.

I have stayed at Petit Ermitage twice and both times I brought friends back for a nightcap in my suite after last call. And on every occasion, they have been so impressed and have fallen in love with the hotel just as I have. For all of these reasons and more, I consider Petit Ermitage my home away from home and I will make every effort to stay here whenever I'm in LA.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan O

Dear Jonathan,

reading your review just makes me happy, sorry have to say it like it is ;)
Reason being is, it is exactly what our vision was when creating Petit Ermitage, to make this a home away from home for all our fellow travellers and for each one of you to become a part of our Petit family to lounge, enjoy the art and a nightcap under the stars, swimming in the heated salt water pool or get to know us and other guests while relaxing on the firedeck.
I already loved this hotel before reading your review and your account, but you just made me fall in love again some more, who knew this was possible?! Thank you very much and I guarantee you we are always striving and working on making every experience as magical and beautiful as possible, and just as you described it. See you again soon and next time you are with us, please have the front desk give me a call so I can welcome you personally or simply make your reservation through me.

Thank you again and until next time on our private rooftop club!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is located on a secluded street in West Hollywood, but has easy access to shopping and restaurants on North Robertson. The staff is friendly and the private rooftop area is nice. The service at the restaurant was not that great, probably because I am not a celebrity and there were some there. My waiter was not attentive at all, didn't offer bread, dessert or check on me. It was disappointing. Parking is pricey. Rooms have ample space. I had a blacony, no no furniture to sit on it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear JLavi,

thank you so much for writing your review and giving us detailed feedback, I personally really appreciate it and I am deeply sorry about the service experience you have had up on our private rooftop club. We strive to make every guest a part of our family and take care of any and every wish they may have, no matter where they are from or who they are, and I am saddened to hear that your experience was not in line with what our staff works so hard on. Of course at times it gets busy and things get overlooked and mistakes get made, but please know this is only because they are human, not because they chose a celebrity over you. I've already addressed this with our restaurant managers and we are constantly training and retraining our staff to meet the highest of service quality expectations, as is our standard here. Please let me know the next time you are back in the West Hollywood area as I would love to invite you back to see what our hotel and staff is truly about.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!