1,198 results
All reviewsrooftop gardenboutique hotelsalt water poolquiet streetlos angelessanta monica blvdtucked awaysmall hotelresidential areasunset striphollywood hillsvalet parkinglounge areahotel guestshome away from homevalet stafffavorite hotel
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is special. It's not for everyone, but if you want an upscale property in a gorgeous setting this is the place for you. The most impressive aspect of the hotel is the absolutely stunning rooftop with its lush garden restaurant, pool, and lounge area. I travel frequently for business and I have to say that the way this rooftop is designed is among the most beautiful settings of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Dining alfresco in the garden with the Hollywood Hills in the background feels like being in Provence. Just magical. It's so breathtakingly beautiful you won't ever want to ever leave. The pool is warm and the lounge has comfortable cabanas with a modern fireplace. I can't say enough. You have to see this for yourself.
The rest of hotel is great as well. The rooms are appointed nicely with all the luxury items you would want as well as a fully stocked minibar, fluffy robes, a sunken in living area, a balcony, and a very comfortable bed. The service is very good; the reservation team went over backwards to get me an early check in and the type of room I wanted the day of check in. The location is perfect, especially for a gay or lesbian traveler that wants to be near all the best bars, restaurants, and clubs.
I would say the only two negatives is I wouldn't recommend this hotel for kids as it has a more sophisticated, hip, L.A. feel and I would think kids would be pretty bored here. It's also very expensive. The rooms are pretty reasonable for what you get, but once you get here expect to pay Ritz Carlton prices for dinner at the restaurant, room service, and cocktails by the pool.

I have stayed here twice now and I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I am in L.A.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Chelseaguy,

We are so happy you enjoyed Petit Ermitage, the close location to Sunset Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd. and everything else we have to offer. The private rooftop club including the garden for dining, the cabana beds and our firedeck truly do make one feel like they are somewhere in the Provence, don't they? My favourite time is late at night on the firedeck, as it is as you said, truly magical. I am glad our reservations and front desk team took such great care of you and arranged the requested early check-in and suite for you so you got to fully take advantage of our fluffy robes, comfortable bed and fully stocked minibar. As for our dining and room service pricing, we will make sure to address and reevaluate them to be competitive with our neighbors and other hotel properties. Dear Chelseaguy, thank you again for your lovely review. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Petit Ermitage the next time you are in West Hollywood and if there is anything we can do for you ahead of time, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my staff. See you soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have found that there are many great hotels in West Hollywood, both large and small. That being said, Petit Ermitage is my new favorite! Anyone who is looking for the same old marble/white on white decor may find this hotel a bit quirky- but that is what gives it its charm. The decor has a bit of a Spanish vibe, mixed with some wonderful original artwork. The rooms are charming, with gas fireplaces, mini kitchens with Keurig coffee machines ( I especially liked the steamer in place of your normal iron :-)
The rooftop pool/dining/bar area is wonderful with several different intimate seating areas so you never felt crowded and the lower level outdoor dining area is once again, yep, you know it, charming! With wildflowers and fountains, it felt like a cafe in Provence ( France, Spain- definitely a European feel) In the breakfast, the pressed coffee was the perfect start to the day...
However, all of this takes a back seat to the service- warm, welcoming, knowledgeable, always there without being smothered...Did I mention charming?
I will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank robinsonsummerfield

Dear Robinsonsummerfield,

thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for all the lovely feedback on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our quirky-charming European vibe and truly seemed to have taken full advantage of every part and detail that our Private Rooftop club has to offer, from the private cabana beds by the heated salt water pool, the firedeck to the Garden with its intimate seating areas for a nice romantic dinner. Thank you also for noting and appreciating all our in suite amenities such as the fireplace, steamers, kitchenettes and coffee machines, we do try and provide guests with everything that they might possibly need during their vacation and stay. And last but definitely not least, thank you for complimenting our staff, we all take great pride in providing excellent...and charming customer service that is just as you noted, warm, welcoming and knowledgeable without being smothering. Again, thank you so much for leaving such a detailed description and feedback on Petit Ermitage. We are looking forward to welcome you back next time you are in West Hollywood and if there is anything my staff and I can do ahead of time, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as well.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

A little bit of heaven on earth. The saltwater pool was divine. The staff friendly, helpful and attentive. Drinks & food - perfection. Joshua, our Liaison to Happiness was wonderful. A bottle of Prosecco was waiting for us when we arrived and he was able to reserve the perfect spot for us to lounge about on the last day.

Finally - the smell of Jasmine at night was delightfully intoxicating. Jasmine grows languorously around the wooden fencing - which attracts the most beautiful butterflies and humming birds.

Thank you Petit Ermitage for the most delightful weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarloinAZ
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Marlo,

thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I think from here on out I'm going to use your review to describe our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our Liaison to Happiness, Josh, and the rest of the staff took such great care of you and that you got to truly experience our private roof top club by enjoying the food, the drinks, the sun, butterflies, and hummingbirds around the pool and also the romantic transformation of the space upstairs at night. Thank you again for such praise and we will make sure your own private bit of heaven on earth will be waiting for you upon your return to Los Angeles.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

A very special little hotel in the heart of a stunning area of West Hollywood. The comfort of the bed will be long remembered! The hotel is charming with beautiful artwork, attention to detail and helpful staff. The upstairs terrace is amazing and serves a good selection of food. It is special spot for sun downers, late breakfasts or romantic dinners. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbie,

thank you for taking the time to review our property and speaking so highly of our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our custommade mattresses, the Private Rooftop Club and staff. More so, it seems like you truly took a mini-vacation from the daily hustle and found some time to relax and appreciate all the artwork and the little details of Petit Ermitage. I still wander around the hallways some times and see a new piece of art that I missed on the previous walks through the property, it's like my own little art gallery by now and it makes me smile to hear other people, like you enjoy it as much as I do.

Dear Debbie, we hope to be able to welcome you back to Petit Ermitage in the future and will make sure to always have a table for you for late breakfast or a romantic dinner in our Garden.

Warmest regards,

Ann Kleinhenz

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The rooftop is very comfortable at all hours of the day and night, and the views are great. Staff was very courteous and helpful...everyone, especially Bianca. Location is just right for WeHo, a half block to Santa Monica Blvd and all the gaiety. The breakfast I had one morning was less than stellar, and the check in was delayed significantly, but all in all a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west have a great view of the sunsets. Fourth floor puts you at the same level as the pool/bar/terrace...saves time from using the slow elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pigeonherder
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Pigeonherder,

thank you kindly for such a nice review of our property. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our staff, the beautiful view and ambiance of our Private Rooftop Club and the rest of what West Hollywood has to offer. I'd also personally like to thank you for notifying us of the delay during check-in and your breakfast experience. We take great pride in our service levels and feedback like yours is oh so very valuable in helping us raise not only the services, but the overall experience a guest/you will have at our hotel. Rest assured we will address both of your experiences and make sure it will be flawless the next time around. Thank you again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our family in the future.
Ann