“TERRIBLE. bed BUGS. A EVITER!!!”
Review of Alta Cienega Motel

and 1 more site!
Alta Cienega Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
St-Germain-en-Laye, France
“TERRIBLE. bed BUGS. A EVITER!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed there 2 nights. This motel was in the lonely planet, which we usually trust, was well located and inexpensive. When we arrived and I saw the room, I wanted to leave. It stank of old smoke, there were cigarette burns everywhere. The bathroom was old, the tiles broken, but on the whole it was as clean as it could get.
This motel is old and apparently hasnt been taken care of for a very long time. It's difficult to understand the owners. Moreover it's quite noisy
The worst part now: my boyfriend woke up with big bites on the back, legs, arms. At first we thought they were mosquito bites. But he developed a sort of allergy and we had to go to the pharmacy. The chemist told us it was most certainly either bed bugs or fleas... DISGUSTING. Avoid this place. Worst experience ever.
Evitez cet endroit: très bon marché mais sale et vieux: piqûres de puces...et bruyant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Spend the extra $30-$50 and stay at a "hotel". this motel was disgusting. smelled terrible. slept terribly on an uncomfortable bed only to wake and find ants on my towels. Two nights after staying at this hotel I break out in an allergic reaction caused by bed begs that had invaded my room at home. I have no doubt I brought them back from this motel seeing as to how my home has concrete walls (very pest free) and my mother is a cleaning nazi. Oh and I almost forgot about the prostitute coming and going at all hours of the night in the room next door.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed in room 32 for a week in April 2010 and found the motel was great. Morrisons room was awe-inspiring and I was more than touched by all the tributes that people from all over the world had paid to the great man. The room was cleaned each day and offered everything i needed. The location is superb and great locations like Barneys Beanery, Mels, The Whiskey a Go Go, the Viper Room and the Rainbow Bar were only a walk away. Great place and I found the staff to be pleasant and friendly. Good enough for Jim and good enough for me!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Nickmorrison
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I came to LA for a visit and wanted to find an inexpensive motel surrounded by trasportations near West Hollywood. I was planning my trips online and found Alta Cienega Motel. I reserved a room online. When I arrived at the motel, I wanted to look at the room before checking in. It was very nice. The motel is at a quiet location so that you won't be bother at night with noises. In addition, the hot water lasts a long time for those of who like to take long showers.
The thing I like about this motel the most is the service. I had to leave in a hurry during check out and forgot my watch in the room. Luckly, the house keeper found it and gave it to the motel manager. The manager called me while I was boarding on the plane. I was surprised that the motel manager offered to mail me my watch. I couldn't be thankful enough for the great service. I will make sure to stay at Alta Cienega Motel again next time going to West Hollywood so that I can personally thank the motel manager for her great service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Dallas
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I travel for a living, so against my better judgment i stayed here trying to save money.
From the outside, it looks a little run down but not to bad. when you check in. I think she makes up a price on the spot.... and yes you have to leave a $5.00 deposit so you return the key. When I walked into the room the smell was overbearing. it looked clean enough but it wasnt until i took my shoes off that i noticed how dirty it was, my feet were sticking to the carpet. I tried getting a refund after being there 20 minutes, that did not happen.
there is 1 bath towel 1 hand towel and 1 medium size towel.
there were bugs crawling on the walls.
You can hear everything your neighbors in the next room are doing.

I ended up leaving and getting another hotel, because the smell was giving me a headache. if your trying to save money..... spend a little extra and dont stay here.
Jim Morrison? really? is that a big draw?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Concord, California, USA
Reviewed March 11, 2010

ok so we got to the motel went to the "office" which is 5 sq ft located behind the house kitchen yes you can see them cooking as u wait to be helped! We got our key which is a house key! The comforter was full of cig burns bed springs poke ur back way old beds and carpet! the plastic flooring on the bathroom is peeling off towels are small and they dont give you extra towels but wait theres more! there was spit on the bathroom walls dammm right nasty! honestly this is worst place i've stayed at pls do urself a favor dont stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Do not look at the hotel pictures. They are nothing like what you see in person. The place is very dirty and old. It has the worst smell ever. My friend and I was trying to save money by staying in a motel. However, this motel is not even worse the money they charge you! It is the worst place ever.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends