“A great location and a great place to stay, especially if you're a Doors fan”
Review of Alta Cienega Motel

Alta Cienega Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“A great location and a great place to stay, especially if you're a Doors fan”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed in room 32 for a week in April 2010 and found the motel was great. Morrisons room was awe-inspiring and I was more than touched by all the tributes that people from all over the world had paid to the great man. The room was cleaned each day and offered everything i needed. The location is superb and great locations like Barneys Beanery, Mels, The Whiskey a Go Go, the Viper Room and the Rainbow Bar were only a walk away. Great place and I found the staff to be pleasant and friendly. Good enough for Jim and good enough for me!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Nickmorrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I came to LA for a visit and wanted to find an inexpensive motel surrounded by trasportations near West Hollywood. I was planning my trips online and found Alta Cienega Motel. I reserved a room online. When I arrived at the motel, I wanted to look at the room before checking in. It was very nice. The motel is at a quiet location so that you won't be bother at night with noises. In addition, the hot water lasts a long time for those of who like to take long showers.
The thing I like about this motel the most is the service. I had to leave in a hurry during check out and forgot my watch in the room. Luckly, the house keeper found it and gave it to the motel manager. The manager called me while I was boarding on the plane. I was surprised that the motel manager offered to mail me my watch. I couldn't be thankful enough for the great service. I will make sure to stay at Alta Cienega Motel again next time going to West Hollywood so that I can personally thank the motel manager for her great service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Dallas
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I travel for a living, so against my better judgment i stayed here trying to save money.
From the outside, it looks a little run down but not to bad. when you check in. I think she makes up a price on the spot.... and yes you have to leave a $5.00 deposit so you return the key. When I walked into the room the smell was overbearing. it looked clean enough but it wasnt until i took my shoes off that i noticed how dirty it was, my feet were sticking to the carpet. I tried getting a refund after being there 20 minutes, that did not happen.
there is 1 bath towel 1 hand towel and 1 medium size towel.
there were bugs crawling on the walls.
You can hear everything your neighbors in the next room are doing.

I ended up leaving and getting another hotel, because the smell was giving me a headache. if your trying to save money..... spend a little extra and dont stay here.
Jim Morrison? really? is that a big draw?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Concord, California, USA
Reviewed March 11, 2010

ok so we got to the motel went to the "office" which is 5 sq ft located behind the house kitchen yes you can see them cooking as u wait to be helped! We got our key which is a house key! The comforter was full of cig burns bed springs poke ur back way old beds and carpet! the plastic flooring on the bathroom is peeling off towels are small and they dont give you extra towels but wait theres more! there was spit on the bathroom walls dammm right nasty! honestly this is worst place i've stayed at pls do urself a favor dont stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Do not look at the hotel pictures. They are nothing like what you see in person. The place is very dirty and old. It has the worst smell ever. My friend and I was trying to save money by staying in a motel. However, this motel is not even worse the money they charge you! It is the worst place ever.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I recently stayed at Alta Cienega Motel with my wife on a trip down to LA. The motel is very conveniently situated. It was very easy to get around to all the attractions in the area, like Beverly Hills. What i like about this place the most is it's very inexpensive. We stayed there for 7 nights and we only paid $439 after taxes. The room isn't that big but it's clean and tidy. Also it's very quiet. We were glad that we could get some good night sleep after walking around all day. The maid was friendly and cleaned up the room and changed the sheets everyday. I think i'll stay here next time i'm in the area. I would certainly recommend others to check it out.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed October 30, 2009

so i pulled up to the motel it looked like the set of the movie Vacancy..I i called orbitz to see if there was anything close by with good prices didnt find anything so i checkedd in. while checking in the chinese lady tired charging me 10 dolaars more than what i was suppose to be charged i quicly fixed that.then she told me there is a five dollar deposit for the key to my room(regular house key)....
when walking in the room i was like this looks horriable they have a ceap 80's box tv that has no dvd player which is stated on the web site buttons are all broken on the tv.remote had no battries...the wifi didnt work the husband had to come in and connect a wire to my laptop...my friend had to use the bathroom and we were like where was it? the bath room is located in the walk in closet....to sum up this Motel it is a negative 1

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends