“Outstanding”

Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Beverly Hills, California
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a very small unpopulated street with valet parking, but also street parking if you are early enough, is this almost hidden store front. BUT, once inside, you thiink you are at home, either yours, or good friends..

It apparently has been there for more than a year but I never wantd to try it. BIG MISTAKE!!!

I got wise a few weeks ago and now I could eat every meal there. The menu is so enticing you are hard pressed to make a selection. The servers give you plenty of time for study while serving delicious wine to go with your amazing bread. I finally chose what I thought was the boring wedge and I could not get enough of it. The dressing that was drizzled plus the cold firmness of the lettuce was tantalizing. My friend was more adventurous and had a kale salad which would never appeal to me but I did sample it and it was GREAT. I guess I was not in an experimental mood so I played it safe and had shrimp diavalo over pasta I will never forget that flavor. Perfection seems to be understated. My friend had a complcated chicken dish and she loved that so much, she did go back the next night with her husband. It was her birthday and they presented a sweet. I'm not a good judge of things things so suffice to say it was lovely and gracious. It is worth going even though it is a bit pricey and VERY crowded. MUST have a reservation and if you are a tourist look at every table, you'll be surprised who you will see.

• Visited March 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Craig's Rocks”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I dined at Craig's last week and found the food to be great. We had chicken parm and meat loaf ($25-$30) The waiter Trevor was excellent. We were also lucky enough to see Quincy Jones, Lionel Ritchie, and Joan and Jackie Collins. What was neat is that we went back the next evening and the host as well as our waiter remembered our names. Not a big place but food was great, service was great and the chance to see some celebs makes it a must stop in LA.

• Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Attention Vegans - Best kept Secret on Melrose”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

You imagine its a steak house and it is.. but if you eat vegan you will be pleasantly surprised by the options for those who prefer to go plant based.

We had a mixed group of 5pp some enjoyed the shrimp, steak and other classics. As the sole vegan I loved the spaghetti squash and chopped veg. salad and bread!

Craig was gracious and warmly welcomed us - We dined on the heels of Pres. Clinton who had dined there a few nights earlier. I was expecting a little attitude, we are "not famous, important or presidential". I can say it was a delightful and genuine service experience the proprietor and service personel could not have been more accommodating! Go for the food.. return for the service... Bravo Craig.. we loved it and will be back soon and often!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Caroline M
Los Angeles
“Old style restaurant and service!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had visited this restaurant several times before under different ownership, so seeing this place renovated was a nice surprise. The food is like a very typical steak house, with great appetizers. We happened in one night, and found the bar fully packed early. We opted for a table, and found ourselves a variety of really good bites of food. The wine list is interesting and has some good deals. The restaurant quickly filled up, and was packed with regular diners. Our server was very professional, and we never felt pressured to leave, even though we had spent a good deal of time there. The crowd was definitely older, and it felt like a favorite hang-out of many of the diners. Parking is good if you go early. Otherwise, they have a valet service. Reservations are definitely a must! This was a good choice for dinner, as a business setting, but I would prefer a more casual atmosphere if going with friends.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Move over Dan Tana's”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you do or don't know Craig from his years of working at Dan Tana's then you should know him now. He is the owner of Craig's in West Hollywood.
From the minute you walk in you never know who your going to see. It could be George Clooney, or even Elton John. This is not what makes it so great it's the whole vibe. The food, the booths, and the Staff that seems to stay which is a great sign.
They even have a pretty extensive Vegan menu which if your from L.A is pretty impressive.
I have some favorites like the Honey Truffle Fried Chicken and it's enough for two so give it a try.
Dessert I know this sounds strange but the Chocolate Pizza is to die for and the Bread Pudding.
Craig is there 90% of the time so make sure you say hello and tell him Eden sent you. The bar is always packed and fun to sit at even catch a game. It's nice to sit at the bar and eat dinner once in a while.

• Visited May 2012