Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,010 results
All reviews standard west pool area pool party fun hotel hour restaurant cool place sunset blvd valet guys my home away from home restaurants and bars los angeles diner jon hollywood vibe strip minimalist
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the staff, accommodations, ease of checkin, location and balconies with views all are perfect! also really 24 hour room svc - thats marvelously crazy and i love it! rooms are stocked with snacks and drinks and other wonderful things. top notch all around!

Room tip: stay on level 3 or above to get the great views!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
standardhollywood, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

H1356KBmariae,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience!! It seems we have found our perfect match in you. We can't wait to share your review with our staff!! Please come back soon. Your Standard family awaits!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My cat and I had to be out of my West Hollywood apartment while it was undergoing termite treatment Friday Jan, 17 from 9 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. and The Standard is close by and designated "pet friendly." We were welcomed with open arms and treated like VIPs. This hip, quirky hotel doesn't merely allow pets, it is has staff who are genuine pet lovers and really look after their welfare. The parking valet was a cat lover and helped transfer my cat in her carrier, plus her litter box, water and food bowls, and favorite treats onto a trolley and into the hotel, reassuring her while I checked in. Then he accompanied me to the room and helped settle the cat in. The room was inviting and fun. All went well until it was time to check out and my cat hid herself away in a tight spot only a feline could squeeze into -- between the headboard of the bed and the wall it was up against. She had cats of their own and way in, only her green eyes visible, and was too tight a crawl space for me to reach in and get her. Tried to tempt her out with treats, but she wouldn't budge. I was really in a fix because we were past our check out time, so I called the Front Desk for help. They sent up two tall, strong Security Guards and I thought Oh no -- they're really going to scare her.
But the funny and wonderful thing was that they were both cat lovers, had cats of their own and knew exactly how to handle the situation. It took all their strength to pull the heavy bed far enough away from the wall, and then called soothingly to her while I put her cat carrier down on the bed. They gently but firmly got her into it and closed it deftly. They escorted me and my cat, plus all her stuff down and reassured my bewildered cat while I checked out. And after all that they refused to accept any tip, saying they were happy to be of help because they love cats!

The owner of the apartment complex lives and works inn Milan and when I told him how wonderful The Standard is for pet owners he said he'll put it at the top of his list if he needs to make recommendation and since he now has a very nervous Weimeraner he wants to bring with him when he's here next he might well book at The Standard since it's both close to his property and so accommodating to pets.

bookcasecat,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to learn from you that our team looked after you and your 4 legged babies well. At The Standard, we set out to re-define what hospitality is everyday. It seems we did live up to our promise with your stay! Please come back and see us again soon. Next time, let us know ahead of time so we can make it extra special for your cats!! Until next time... travel stylishly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been staying at The Standard Weho for at least 17yrs! While there are more luxurious hotels in the market, I keep coming back to The Standard cause I always get looked after by Ariann, Jon, Malik and co. Also this hotel is so central to everywhere I need to be and go. I feel like this place is my home away from home! I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to stay in Weho and be close to the action.

Room tip: I think you would choose this hotel for its location and fun pool, ping pong, diner and outdoor bar etc.

Jo,

Thanks for the shout out! We are so grateful to your loyalty, support and friendship! Year over year, we continue to collect friends and family which have become our support system in building our brand. Again, thank YOU!! The Standard Hotels is 20 years strong and now operates hotels on 3 continents because of friends like you!

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We frequent the Standard West Hollywood at least a few times a year -- one of our favorites due to its central location, price, great in-house cafe, and neighborhood-friendly pool deck. Disclosure: we receive a 20% corporate discount when we stay, so our rates here are hard to beat. That said, we've stayed at nearly every hotel on Sunset and feel like (for the price) its one of the better values. The staff has always been very super friendly and accommodating, especially when dealing with issues related to an aging facility (more on that in a sec). The retro vibe is just as full throttle as the other Standard locations... its a cool design, but its getting a little tired and needs some updating, especially considering all the sizable renovations happening at other properties on Sunset(the Mondrian one block away just finished theirs). The hotel guests lean to the younger side of things (like the ACE) and the pool deck attracts a fairly loyal LGBTQ crowd during the summer -- especially for their pool parties. My #1 wish for this property is that they invest in upgrading the HVAC system -- its one of the only reasons we continually debate our return visits. The current system only allows you to turn it off/on... and has a dial to turn the blower up or down... there is no way to change from heater to AC (or vice versa), and no thermostat to regulate the actual temperature. We've had to move rooms on a few occasions due to sweltering heat on the pool side of the building -- the AC has never been able to keep up on the sunny side of the hotel for any room we've ever stayed in. The front desk has always made accommodations on the bill for issues like this... but its appears to be such a frequent complaint it might be time to actually fix it.

Room tip: Best city views are pool facing rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors... but these are also the warmest and can be a little noisy at night.
Date of stay: December 2019

862bradyk

Thank you so much for your thorough and candid review of our hotel. Please consider your recommendation - HEARD!! We are aware of the flaw in our HVAC system; most days it serves our guests well. On days when the weather is extreme, our system struggles. Please rest assured that we are looking into solutions on this matter. Again, thank you for your continued support and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

The hotel room is very old. Creaky floors, can't find the thermostat, and the room smell like old dirty hair.On top of that, they over billed me for parking twice, and was not helpful with removing the extra parking fees. You can hear footsteps upstairs loudly. ATM broken. This was very disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2019

phin2020

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay. Please rest assured that we have noted you comment and concerns and are working on all this things within our control. Wishing you a wonderful week.