“Difficult to find, due to one way streets, but worth it!!!!!!!”

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
A TripAdvisor Member
“Difficult to find, due to one way streets, but worth it!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2004

My daughter is at USC and said I would love it. I did! I'm in LA alot for work and to see her and now I won't stay anywhere else. The room rates are great , the food and beverages are a bit pricey, but so what! Definately a unique experience and great people watching.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 11, 2004

Checked in on a Friday evening after staying downtown for 3 nights and just had the best weekend there. It's fair to say the rooms are not especially great (Ikea but with a cheaper feel) but the location more than makes up for it. All the fun of Sunset on your doorstep.

Great for chiling around the pool and fun to be had late at night in the "hidden" bar/club. Diner served good breakfast too.

The only small disappointment was that as the clock strikes 1.30am, the bar areas close and everyone leaves. For a seemingly "hip" hotel they should keep it going a bit later!

Reviewed June 3, 2004

We stayed at the Standard on a sunday night. From the moment we pulled up to the driveway I knew that we were in for a pleasant experience. The valet's were very helpful and the people in there were very "Hollywood". All dolled up like there was a photo shoot going on. Everything there looked exactly what it looked like on the website, although I thought it would be a little bit bigger. The room was excellent!! Very nice decorations.. but the mini bar was quite expensive. I've been reading everywhere that the drinks at the bar were out of this world but when we got there I didn't think that way. I guess I'm just used to paying $8-$15 for drinks. They played hip hop all night long (Jay Z).. that was a plus for me cause I love hip hop. After the bar we ate at the Diner. The prices were abit on the high side but well worth it. I got the philly cheese steak.. and it was the BEST!! I wasn't really expecting anything.. so it turned out being good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a good time..

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2004

I loved the Standard. Everyone that worked there was extremely helpful and friendly - everyone! They went out of there way to help us find our way around town, check out the hottest spots coordinate trip plans. Everything about this hotel was trendy and fun... not to mention the people both working there and staying at the Standard were very good looking :) The only problem was the bottle of water I purchased for $6.50 - WAY OVER PRICED - so bring your own water.

• Stayed May 2004
Reviewed May 19, 2004

I took my girlfriend to the Standard this past weekend (5/16-5/17). The place was off the hook. The valet guys were very nice and courteous. We walked in side.. it was just like the pictures on the website. Everyone in the Standard, from the hotel guest to people just hanging out there looked so "Hollywood". Everyone was dolled up like there was some kind of video shoot going on. We had a mishap with the one once we got there but nothing that couldn't be fixed. The room was excellent.. (2nd floor, facing sunset blvd).. the items in the fridge were abit pricey.. the one thing that i did like was the radio/cd player. i thought that was a cool touch. the lounge area was nice.. soft, comfortable chairs.. and YES.. there is a girl just chillin in the display behind the front desk.. the pool area was nice also.. if you plan on doing laps.. the standard pool isn't for you. overall, i liked staying at the standard.. the people were nice, the place was clean.. and its the place to be..

Bournemouth, Dorset
Reviewed April 27, 2004

The Standard is one of the best, if not The best hotel I have ever stayed in. I've stayed in a variety of hotels all over the world from 5 Star to hostels, but have never found a hotel that was as perfect as the Standard. We had only a basic room on the ground floor which does have traffic noise, but I was warned of this in advance by the booking staff. If I ever go there again I will get a back room with a balcony with views, then it will be more than perfect. From the moment of arrival, our cases were whisked to reception and then greeted by a friendly receptionist. This is where the model in the tank is - quite a feature !! The restaraunt is competitively priced and the food tasty and well prepared. Breakfast can be taken on the terrace - a lovely way to start the day by he pool, served by the ever friendly and slightly wacky staff !!

1 Thank KathleenP