“Hipster on Sunset”

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Standard tries very hard to be cool. The rooms are spartan, colorful, relatively spacious. The property is located on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. Access from the road is very tight and if you miss the hotel it is tough to get back around to the driveway. The diner in the hotel has a very limited menu, but the service is good and if you want a burger it is excellent.

If you want peace and quiet, opt for a room on an outside wall not next to the pool. They keep the hip hop going until 10PM. So if you want to work and a quiet environment, ask to be away from poolside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. This is away from the most noise, but folks do take their dogs...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KARXPRT

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I love the Standard, Hollywood! The staff even starting with the valet are so friendly and helpful. One of the many cool things going on is Desert Nights in The Cactus Lounge... it's a beautiful scene with some incredible live music going on... a total find!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The service and experience was cool and stylish yet exceptionally friendly and welcoming. The location was unbelievable. I stayed for only one night and felt like I seen the best LA had to offer in terms of food, drinks, night life, and late night without going more than five minutes away from the hotel. I didn't feel like I was staying in LA...the Standard made me feel like I was living in LA! A true destination in and of itself.

• Stayed: January 2014
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Loof1830
I was a pleasure to have e-met you. Thanks for sharing the love our brand. Glad to hear that you had a great time at our baby, The Standard, East Village… her transformation is worth the wait. Please come back and see us again soon, you have my contact information.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm writing this review as I am staying at the Standard because I'm so pissed. The rooms are HORRIBLE! The walls are so thin, you can hear everything. There are 3 floors to this hotel, we stayed on the 2nd floor. Imagine sleeping with people running back and fourth on top of you. Doors closing, music blasting. The floor is creaking like crazy! YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP! Do not stay HERE! You have been warned

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Lovetotravel888888

Lovetotravel888888,

I am very sorry to hear that you had a tough time sleeping on your last visit. Our reception staff is very accommodating in resolving any issues when they are made aware. Please feel free to contact me directly at Hollywood@standardhotel.com should you wish to discuss your stay personally. Some of our rooms face acoustical challenges and we are constantly looking into ways to resolve them. That being said, we have many other rooms in different locations of the building that are truly comfortable and often requested by our repeat guests. We truly appreciate the time you took to communicate and share your experience with us. Our guests’ comments and feedbacks are road map to our success as we continue to grow our brand.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Standard is a cute hotel in an excellent location with amazing service from the staff. The room is very simple but had a very comfortable bed . The front desk were so helpful and even helped me download the new Lyft application so I can order cheaper rides to get around on my most recent visit. The wait staff at the restaurant were also great.There are nicer and newer hotels to stay at in LA but the Standard will be my home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Arg2day,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. We can’t to have you back with us again. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Pretty cool place to pop into for a few days. There is an amazing music night on Wednesday evening (called Desert Nights) where KCRW DJ Valida caroll hand picks artists from across the country to come play. The last few times I was there, I had dinner by the pool (the food was amazing) and listened to live music from the cactus lounge.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear, remmyvon
Thanks ! glad you enjoy our Desert Night.. we will be sure to share your kind words with Valida. See you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

A lot of my friends who come to visit LA stay here so I really enjoy coming to meet them. The 24 hour restaurant is great and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Another favorite of mine is Desert Nights on Wednesdays! Such a chill vibe and cool outdoors venue to sit and relax and listen to some good music. And it's free!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Cathleen,
We are very proud of our Desert Nights and its success for the past 3+ years. Thanks for spreading the word. Oh BTW – We just launched our winter menu and it is delish~ see you again soon…