“Hollywood Cocktails by the Pool”

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great hotel in West Hollywood. Laid back pool and fashionable Hollywood vibe in this hotel. Rooms are contemporarily furnished. The hotel gave me a free upgrade to the Extra Large Sunset Room which was on the Ground Floor. It was huge and just next to the entrance to the pool but not noisy at all. Great waiter service by the pool and a nice little menu in the restaurant. I can't really say anything bad about this place!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Sarah,
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you and come back and visit soon…

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my third stay at the Standard, and there's a reason I keep going back. Love the minimalist chic decor, the friendly staff, and just the overall vibe.

This was a really nice touch: I came back to my room one day to find that the housekeeper (Rena? Rina?) had gone above and beyond with my room! My shoes were all lined up, my clothes (which I had just tossed on a chair) were folded -- just really organized in a way that required extra thought. I got such a kick out of this! It's the little things like this that keep me coming back.

Hope to get back there again soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Diane,
Thanks for the Shout-Out! It was truly a pleasure having you and your team with us. We are all excited that you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait to have you back… come back and see us soon! BTW- Rina is one of our best thanks for the recognition I will be sure to share you kind words with her team.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was just standard at a high price. The air con had 2 settings which sounded like you were on an airplane. The pool was very small nothing like on sex and In the city. It was trying to be very hip but I guess I prefer luxury at that price. Ten min walk will get you to some fancy restaurants but everyone needs a car in LA so I can't comment on the location. Next time I'll stay in Santa Monica even if it's more expensive... There's more to do there and you have the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank stgeorge79

stgeorge79,
to The Standard, Hollywood. Yes you are right; our pool was feature in Sex and the City. Amazing how lighting and angles can make our pool looks slightly larger. But the reality is space is premium on Sunset Strip so hotel pools in this area tend to be smaller than that of beach-city hotels. What our pool lacks in size, it makes up in personality and vibrancy. It is one of the best pools in West Hollywood with good menu, great cocktail program and friendly service. To address our in-room temperature control, we realize that some of the room can get a bit noisy when the AC is at maximum capacity, especially during the warmer months. We are working on solution to this matter. Again, thanks for your candid feedback, much appreciated.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at The Standard once again... And it was a great stay, just as it was when I first stayed at this property a little over 10 years ago...
Not a bit of it's style has faded. And it's just my style: Understated but very cool, Minimalist but with everything you could need on hand.
My room was extremely comfortable, and it felt clean and the bed was crisp... Aaah yes!
The room's Mini bar has to be one of the better and most thoughtfully stocked minibars in hotel-world-land..! - With all types of actually useful goodies. Wow.
All staff were very efficient and friendly and helpful, regardless of their role.
The Diner has an awesome breakfast, Room service was fab (and it did not take ages to arrive!) and I loved the bars... Including as always some new happening, an art exhibition or something going on at the pool... Nice work Mr. Darryl Gibson (Culture and Nightlife).
The neighbourhood is great, near Sunset Plaza, between Beverly Hills and Hollywood.. Can't get better. Little further: Some of LA's great shopping is at handy to everything.

If you want your stay in LA to be great, chic, crsip and definitely value for what you're paying... Look no further, this is the place, and it has been for over 10 years.
Peace out.

Room Tip: Check out the oversized rooms with an extra big balcony on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights.
I got upgraded to a larger sized room!
Rooms are really clean
Great location – really nice bars within walking distance
Hire car pick-up and drop-off right across the road
Really nice breakfast at the diner
There is a really good chophouse across the road called The Saddle Ranch (nice food, great bar and mechanical bull riding)
Awesome pool that becomes a bit of a party as the day goes on

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is my first time in Los Angeles and I am so pleased I chose this hotel. I am a woman travelling alone so always thinking about my safety first. This hotel was fantastic. Great location and great staff. I like boutique hotels I need to be home from home. It's simple but in a modern way. If you like lots of room minimalist surroundings then this is the place for you. Pros. Location, room staff, Starbucks across the road, if you use starline bus tour it's one of stops on the route. Pool party and thepool. Cons no safe in the room but you can use safes at reception.

Room Tip: I stayed on the sunset strip site. Noise what noise nothing bothered me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I wound up staying by the Standard by accident, and I loved it! Usual I avoid high concept hotels because while the concept is good, the service is terrible. In this case, the service was terrific, everything worked, everyone seemed to know their job and be thoughtful at it, the rooms were spacious. I would definitely stay again.

Great job all!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the back that was both comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business