“perfect place”

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed January 7, 2013

we stay here ,simple , clean ,fantastic service , prices are super !!!!
if you stay here and is your first time in california ,the front desk will send you to the best places,clubs,restaurants ,they have a #1 service .

Room Tip: top floor .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Standard is not known as a family hotel but we took our teenagers (15 and 17) and they loved it as much as we did. All the staff were extremely kind and helpful which as everyone knows is the most important part of first impressions in a hotel which is new as it was to us. Even though there was some refurbishment going on, once in our rooms we enjoyed the space, the great showers and a feeling of calm. The beds are really really good quality. As we were in LA for two short visits (one night and then another two) we only had one meal in the hotel but it was excellent. Their position on Sunset is a good central place from which explore and shop. I would certainly return to The Standard and look forward to that very much.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our first time and we were not disappointed! The room cost was mid range for the Sunset Strip hotels. So it is perfect if you don't want to spend a lot of money for your room but still want a cool and interesting place to stay. The Decor is modern and minimal. Cool art installation in the lobby. The staff are friendly. Valet and Desk staff are a fun group of people with personalities. They are casual and easy going yet efficient and responsive with any request we had. Jon at the front desk brought us a round of cocktails because our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 10:30am (check in time is 4 pm). BTW we got into our rooms even before 11 am. The valet guys were always around to greet us and checked on us if we needed anything.
This is not a hotel for you if you expect the 'yes sir or yes ma'am' kind of service of yesteryears. Not to say there is anything wrong with that kind of service; just not mine. The service here is more personal and unpretentious, the staff here are more approachable and friendly which made the experience more enjoyable for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
StandardManager, Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hi David T,

We certainly are glad you gave us a try as well. It's nice to see you were well taken care of while you waited for your room and even better to see you were able to check in early!

We couldn't have described our staff and our service better than you did and we hope you will come back to see us again!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

we stayed here in Oct 2012 after a friend recommended it to us , we had just come from Las Vegas so was a bit tired ! when we checked in they said we had booked one large bed for 3 of us ! they said there was nothing they could do ,and i had to go through the people we booked with we were to tired to argue so went to our room for asleep , we then went down to complain and they moved us rooms but we had to pay the difference , so when booking check the rooms !apart from this the hotel was amazing , in really good area and really cool its not like any hotel ive stayed in before with little surprises ! i would come back and recommend to all my friends

Room Tip: check when booking how many beds are in the room !!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great weekend at The Standard. We booked one of their standard rooms with the view of Downtown and it was a great value. The view from our balcony was really worth the few extra dollars. The bed was very very comfortable and the shower in the bathroom .... amazing. The best part of our stay; however, was the staff. Everyone at the front desk the we came across was very nice and helpful. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My stay at The Standard on Sunset was great. I did not know what to expect but now I know that I love this place. The hotel is mimimal but the room I had was very comfortable, the bed EXTREMELY comfortable and the view from my room was great. Interesting mini bar items as well. The best part though is their staff. I feel that they care and worked hard at taking care of us. The food is also very good, but Room service can be a bit slow. People at the Front Desk has great attitude and always took the time to show me where to go and what to do etc. I don't think that The Standard is the right hotel for everyone but for the maket they are aiming for, I think they do a great job. It's a fun hotel with lots of fun/cool people working hard at provide great service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love this hotel! The best part about this place is the people! The staff take the time to get to know you. The service here is very casual but efficient. The front desk staff seems to love their jobs because they are always smiling, helpful and approachable. I liked that fact that every time I passed by the front desk, Jon always checked up on me... How is everything? What are your plans today? Do you need recommendations for dinner this evening? Jon and his team really made my stay. The funny thing is when I first arrived I was not sure if this is the right hotel for me but I left a returning customer. I can't wait to go back again ...it is all about the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo