1,929 results
All reviews rooftop pool santa monica blvd residential area quiet street trader joes apartment building tucked away great boutique valet parking room service rooms are spacious sunset strip small balcony the general manager the location is perfect home away from home beverly hills
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the chamberlain hotel with some friends, its a small hotel, cozy and very chic. the staff are very friendly, rooms are spacious modern and VERY CLEAN. our room even had a balcony. the food was nice. the roof pool was amazing. The air conditioner was a bit noisy. but overall everything WAS GREAT.

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Dear NAR42,

You have set the bar quiet high for us with your much appreciated proclamation of “PERFECTION.” We will continue to do our best to live up to that ideal. Thankfully, our spacious modern suites and amazing staff will make that task a bit easier. Best wishes, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

What a Gem. Hotel is in West Hollywood but less than a mile from Beverly Hills, in a lagoon of quiet between Sunset and Santa Monica Blvds. The staff is helpful at every turn. Our room was perfect, very large with a nice seating area, comfy beds and little balcony. You can set your watch by room service. Charming little resturuant serves an excellent breakfast. Very evironmentally concious, right down to a discount on valet parking for driving a hybrid. Considering the other hotels in the area are either uber deluxe, chains or scary dumps this one is truely a gem.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Opertaions at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Dear Pickytravelagent,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! Your kind words regarding the efficiency of our In-Room Dining team and their colleagues in the Bistro are much appreciated and have been shared with both teams. I was also happy to know that you enjoyed your newly renovated suite; I must admit that we are quite proud of them! Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Chamberlain is a wonderful hotel. Please do not allow other reviews to discourage you from booking. It's in a great location, West Hollywood, about a 7-10 minute walk to Santa Monica Blvd walking down the hill and Sunset Blvd walking up the hill. We booked a double queen which gave us enough space for four. We had a living room area with it's own TV. We had a patio (without furniture - a negative). We were able to walk to the restaurants on Sunset. If you want a quicker bite, there's Subway, I-Hop, Primo Bristo, Trader Joes and Starbucks all on Santa Monica. Oh and if you need a CVS, there's one on Santa Monica too. We didn't rent a car and got around fine on the bus. Being near major streets is a plus. La Cienga Blvd is not too far neither. The roof deck is fabulous. The heated pool is delightful and the weekend yoga classes excellent. Oh there's a small gym on the 1st floor. We found the staff very courteous. Staying at the Chamberlain gives the feeling of heading "home" after enjoying the day because it is on a residential area. The Chamberlain is worth checking out.

Enjoy your stay!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Travel_Memoirs1,

Thank you for your kind words about the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I would certainly agree that we are in a great, pedestrian friendly part of LA, and am glad that you enjoyed the rooftop Yoga. Again, thank you for your kind words about our friendly staff, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in West Hollywood.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

My partner and friends booked our hotel stay Chamberlain hotel because of a special of an extra night for free. The rooms were pretty good. The beds were excellent. Very comfortable. I slept very well. My only cons are they charge for wireless. More and more hotels have free wireless. One of the elevators wasn't working and apparently hasn't been working for several months. The room service was great. I would like to point out one of the room service guys, Ross, was very friendly. There was one issue where when of my friends had booked a car to take us to the Hollywood Bowl. Apparently the car service reservation wasn't made. I would also recommend they use a different car service. Even though the driver was very nice, the driver didn't make any attempt to open the doors for us and didn't acknowledge us when we came out. Other than that little issue our stay was good.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Dear ajfd,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood and sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. We also appreciate the kind words about our excellent beds and Ross from In-Room Dining. I wanted to apologize for the poor experience with the transportation arrangements for trip to the Hollywood Bowl. Please know that your experience was a-typical and has been addressed with both our concierge team and our preferred car service.

As I am certain you are aware, the Chamberlain has recently completed an extensive renovation. The most lengthy and invasive portion of the work was a modernization project on our elevators. I am happy to report that both of our “brand new” elevators are fully functional.

Again thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is our 4th time staying at this hotel. We always enjoy how the calm, quiet environment and the very friendly staff. This time the staff were somewhat indifferent and just didn't seem as friendly. The room was nice - love the new bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. There are only 2 small elevators for the hotel. This is the 3rd time when only one of the elevators were working. Due to my disability I am unable to walk up the stairs and the wait for the elevator could take up to 12 minutes due to all of the guests and food service staff using it. I complained to the front staff and they acted as if this was some unusual event and it's never like this - which I know is not true. I really do like this hotel but am getting very concerned about the customer service. I hope it improves soon as most of the guests at the hotel were none too happy about the elevators. On a positive note - althrough the valet charge is high - the valet staff are exceptional.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

I’d like to begin by thanking you for continuing to choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood! We certainly appreciate your on-going patronage. I am confident that you have seen various phases of our recent renovation and am glad to know that you “love the new bathrooms.” The modernization of the elevators was the longest and most impactful portion of the renovation, and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences the project caused for everyone. However, we are confident that it was worth the effort! The second elevator passed its final safety inspection, and we now have two “brand new” elevators to whisk people to the room or to the rooftop pool deck to enjoy a cocktail and the wonderful views it offers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain and our wonderful “new” elevators.