1,849 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsanta monica blvdresidential areaquiet streettrader joesapartment buildingtucked awayvalet parkingroom servicerooms are spacioussunset stripthe location is perfectbeverly hillshome away from homeone bedroom suitebars and restaurantsvalet service
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My partner and friends booked our hotel stay Chamberlain hotel because of a special of an extra night for free. The rooms were pretty good. The beds were excellent. Very comfortable. I slept very well. My only cons are they charge for wireless. More and more hotels have free wireless. One of the elevators wasn't working and apparently hasn't been working for several months. The room service was great. I would like to point out one of the room service guys, Ross, was very friendly. There was one issue where when of my friends had booked a car to take us to the Hollywood Bowl. Apparently the car service reservation wasn't made. I would also recommend they use a different car service. Even though the driver was very nice, the driver didn't make any attempt to open the doors for us and didn't acknowledge us when we came out. Other than that little issue our stay was good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Dear ajfd,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood and sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. We also appreciate the kind words about our excellent beds and Ross from In-Room Dining. I wanted to apologize for the poor experience with the transportation arrangements for trip to the Hollywood Bowl. Please know that your experience was a-typical and has been addressed with both our concierge team and our preferred car service.

As I am certain you are aware, the Chamberlain has recently completed an extensive renovation. The most lengthy and invasive portion of the work was a modernization project on our elevators. I am happy to report that both of our “brand new” elevators are fully functional.

Again thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is our 4th time staying at this hotel. We always enjoy how the calm, quiet environment and the very friendly staff. This time the staff were somewhat indifferent and just didn't seem as friendly. The room was nice - love the new bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. There are only 2 small elevators for the hotel. This is the 3rd time when only one of the elevators were working. Due to my disability I am unable to walk up the stairs and the wait for the elevator could take up to 12 minutes due to all of the guests and food service staff using it. I complained to the front staff and they acted as if this was some unusual event and it's never like this - which I know is not true. I really do like this hotel but am getting very concerned about the customer service. I hope it improves soon as most of the guests at the hotel were none too happy about the elevators. On a positive note - althrough the valet charge is high - the valet staff are exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

I’d like to begin by thanking you for continuing to choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood! We certainly appreciate your on-going patronage. I am confident that you have seen various phases of our recent renovation and am glad to know that you “love the new bathrooms.” The modernization of the elevators was the longest and most impactful portion of the renovation, and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences the project caused for everyone. However, we are confident that it was worth the effort! The second elevator passed its final safety inspection, and we now have two “brand new” elevators to whisk people to the room or to the rooftop pool deck to enjoy a cocktail and the wonderful views it offers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain and our wonderful “new” elevators.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend in July 2010. We stayed in a ground floor room. The room was very large with easily enough space for anyone to feel at home in. The hotel is located in a quiet residential area which is great, but at night you can hear pedestrians and cars passing by the hotel. This may have been more of a problem for us as we were staying on the ground floor. We had to use ear plugs to allow us to sleep. This may be an issue for some but we were able to sleep well and fully enjoyed our stay.

Our days were spent away from the hotel exploring the city so we can't comment on the food at the hotel or the swimming pool on the roof. We found the staff helpful anytime we needed their assistance. Car parking is available underneath the hotel that is by valet only. We used this service and found it to be fast and plesant.

Around the hotel you have a starbucks for morning coffee only 50 metres away and many restaurants/bars/nightclubs on sunset strip only a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear kirko21,

It was great to read about your experience at the Chamberlain. I was disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced with noise at the hotel as our residential local typically ensures a quiet venue. Next time you are with us, please ask for a room on a higher floor, and we’ll ensure that you are well taken care of. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed at the Chamberlain in February 2009 and liked it and the location. I returned recently alone and a got a double room at US $195. The room was huge and well fitted out after recent refurbishment. It allowed me to spread out with a separate sitting room and a very comfortable bed. The service at Reception, Valet Parking and Room Service was friendly, helpful and efficient. Considering the size and quality of the room for the price, we will definitely make another visit. Only criticism was that the a/c was a bit noisy on occasions and the lifts were a bit slow.

Great value for money with pleasant attentive service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Dear GeorgeMilly,

Thank you for both your recent visit and review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our colleagues who strive to make each experience a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Many others have reviewed the hotel, so I am focusing my review on the Chamberlain's event planning services and the rooftop cabana as a party venue. In short, both were fabulous. Eric Ma in the sales group was very attentive and knowledgable and made sure every detail was covered expertly. The bartender and the kitchen executed those plans seemlessly, creating a party that far exceeded my expectations. Finally, the venue itself--the rooftop cabana--is spectacular. The sweeping views and the rooftop pool make the cabana quite the spot for an evening party. All my party goers were equally impressed. Thanks for the best birthday party ever!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

Dear sprocket44,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood as the location to celebrate such a special birthday with us! I have to say that everyone at the hotel had a great time assisting all of your friends; they were delightful. Likwise, everyone at Chamberlain feels very fortunate to work with such an amazing sales and catering team who know how to throw a rooftop event like no other. Please know Eric, Angela (the bar tender), and the kitchen team will all receive special recognition for the comments. Thanks gain for letting us be a part of your special day, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain next time your in town.