1,850 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsanta monica blvdresidential areaquiet streettrader joesapartment buildingtucked awayvalet parkingroom servicerooms are spacioussunset stripthe location is perfectbeverly hillshome away from homeone bedroom suitebars and restaurantsvalet service
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We chose to stay at the Chamberlain for 3 days during an annual mother/daughter trip. We arrived early and there were no rooms ready yet so we requested the next available one and ate lunch in the hotel's bistro area. We were starved after our cross country flight. The wait staff were great but the meals were a bit overpriced for what was provided. Prior to eating our lunch we were informed there was a room available so we proceeded to that room after we ate. Watch out for the stairs as you first enter. It's a different set-up. Four of us had to share two average size beds that were also average in comfort. The living room set up is nice with the additional TV but the sound could get competitive without any barriers in between the two rooms!
Very large bathroom and shower area that we enjoyed. A bit weird that the only closet was here. It took us over a day to figure out that our cabinet opened to items including drawers, a small refrigerator and plastic cups. Would have been nice for someone to point that out to us "Eastern" girls!! :)
The space was nice and the front desk staff and wait staff were great and there to please. The roof top pool has great chair and lounges set up for lounging and the turnaround was quick enough that no matter what time we visited, patience secured a spot for us. The chips and dip were incredible!!
Tried to eat in West Hollywood and did not anticipate the prominent gay area we were in. No problem to any of us but it was a very long walk to try to find something to eat and don't know this not where straight people want to go eat. We ended up circling around and walking uptown and settling on anything. Bottom line, love the chips but did not want to have to eat dinner at hotel after witnessing expensive lunch prices.
They only have two elevators for the entire place and I witnessed one broken for a few hours so if you have a problem with stairs, this is not the place for you unless you are very patient.
This location cost us a little more in cab fares than we would have thought so it's not a place to go to save money BUT, overall I would have to give this hotel a B-.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

Dear Clarabellenh,

Thank you for taking to share your thoughts on the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the Chamberlain despite the few “cons” that included the two sized queen beds in your room, which offer much more room than the double beds featured in most hotels. And while I certainly agree that our rooftop pool is great, I was surprised to see that the Chamberlain’s location was one of the things that disappointed you. It is typically one of features our guests love about the hotel as we a nestled into a quiet neighborhood in one of the most pedestrian friendly area of LA. Guests can enjoy West Hollywood’s Santa Monica Blvd, exceptional shopping on Melrose and 3rd Street, and the world famous Sunset Strip in a matter of minutes without having to use a car. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Chamberlain West Hollywood; best wishes!

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was expecting a lot from the Chamberlain and got really dissapointed.The location is great if you like to stay in West Hollywood, a trendy area of Los Angeles with easy access to restaurants and night clubs. However, I will not stay there again mostly because of the room and the atmosphere in the room corridors. The room felt very oppressing with a very short ceiling. Cleanliness was ok but could be definitely improved. The pictures I had seen on tablet hotel are somehow misleading. Definitely not my hotel for LA.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Dear ddb-traveler,

I am sorry that the Chamberlain West Hollywood failed to meet your expectations. I was surprised to read that the size of your room contributed to your disappointment as the generous size and composition of our all suites property is one of the features people like the most. While it is true that our recent renovation did not update the corridors, we do intend to update them at the beginning of the coming year. In reviewing the Tablet Hotel website, they still feature the pictures of our rooms the pre-date our renovation. We will work with them to ensure that they update their sight as well.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed here while renovations were taking place at the hotel. Despite this the staff (front office and valet parking in particular) were very friendly and helpful. This is a great location to stay in with great restaurants and bars close by. About a 5 min walk to The Sunset Trip. For our family of 5 we had 2 rooms including one with a kitchenette. The kitchenette room had very little crockery and cutlery provided. We requested more and this was delivered promptly but seemed to disappear with the maid service everyday.
There was lots of space for all of us. The rooms, on the ground floor, were pretty dark but as we were out everyday exploring LA's attractions this did not bother us.
Overall a great stay for our family.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear MargoCarlingfordNSW,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain while in West Hollywood! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us despite housekeeping removing the crockery and cutlery from the kitchenette in your suite. This has been reviewed with the housekeeping department to ensure that practice does not continue. Again, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain West Hollywood next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Location is great (shopping/restaurants/siteseeing), rooftop pool is great (albeit heated a little too warm for mid Summer LA), but there were just too many things wrong, so much so we checked out early and went elsewhere. We booked a kitchenette suite for a full two weeks as we have a 2 year old so need kids food etc: checked in -> no kitchenette. Called downstairs and told 'no record of this on your booking, none available for four days' (notwithstanding my printout of the booking seemed to have the word "kitchenette"....). Then when we were moved two days later, had to confirm twice and them wait over an hour for the bag guys to arrive to help with move. We pre-booked a cot for the 2 year old - no cot. One was then delivered, looked like a WW2 surplus cot. The rooms were "OK"; credit is due for being tastefully done design wise. The rooms were generally pretty dark (both the non-kitchenette one and the kitchenette one was similarly bereft of natural light). They have recently refurbished, but it isn't a high quality refurb - too much style and not enough substance. The photos on the website made is look so stylishly luxurious, unfortunately a result of LA-style airbrushing it would seem... The bistro was disappointing - staff seemed more interested in their haircuts, so was not frequented again.... As said, checked out 2/3 of the way through our stay and moved to a larger LHW hotel. The front desk service was - um - serviceable, but certainly not memorable.
I don't want to sound too harsh, but in school report format "has potential, must do better". Sorry.
I should however make special mention of the valet parking guys - absolutely great. Always friendly and remembered my name and car evertime. Although $30/night valet is a bit steep.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Dear LazySeagull,

I was saddened to read about your experiences with us. Please accept your apologies for not providing the level of service you expected and deserved; this is certainly not typical at the Chamberlain. It was also disappointed to know that you did not care for our rooms as they have generally been very well received. We will certainly use your feed back as a tool to improve the service we offer to future guests. Kind regards.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I just got back from the hotel yesterday and I wanted to spread the word on what me and my wife thought. First off, this is a nice hotel. Not exceptional but in my opinion very few hotels ever are in LA. The employees were all great. The parking guys were awesome and the front desk staff were very inviting. Every review mentions the elevators and I will too. Slow very very slow.The rooms were well appointed and decorated very nicely the bathrooms are very modern looking but a bit small and space is limited, again very common in LA. The atmosphere is hip and young but not uncomfortably so and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple