1,850 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsanta monica blvdresidential areaquiet streettrader joesapartment buildingtucked awayvalet parkingroom servicerooms are spacioussunset stripthe location is perfectbeverly hillshome away from homeone bedroom suitebars and restaurantsvalet service
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My fiance and I decided to stay there because they had a special promotion for the 4th of July. We were just going to stay for 4 nights, but ended up staying for an extra night because we loved it so much. The rooms were nice and clean. The closet was a bit small, but it wasn't a big deal for us. We slept well. It wasn't noisy at all. Pool area is beautiful. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location is perfect. We were able to walk to the sunset strip to dinner and do some shopping. Overall we had a pleasant and relaxing time at the Chamberlain.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dandelion_mx
David_Lang1000, Director of Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2010

Your kind words about our hotel and the colleagues who strive to make it “Perfect” are much appreciated. We love to here stories like yours because we recognize that leisure time is one of the most valuable commodities in our busy lives, and we truly are truly grateful when someone chooses to spend more of that time with us.
PS: Congratulations on your engagement!

Reviewed July 10, 2010

I booked the Chamberlain in West Hollywood over the 4th of July weekend holiday. The location was perfect for my visit, as I was planning on going out to the clubs on Santa Monica Blvd with friends.
Upon first site, you can't tell this is a hotel. It looks like an apartment building. The lobby is your typical apartment entrance with over decorated walls. They really want you to be impressed. Check-in was fast as it was all prepaid. I asked for a room that has some sort of a view. What I got was a balcony overlooking a wall. Definitely no views of any sort.
The room is large and very nice. It's your typical 400 sq Hollywood apartment that was opened up and converted into a hotel bedroom. The beds, although a little soft for my taste were comfortable. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was large, with modern amenities. We did get a newly refurbished room, with nice decor and modern amenities. A fireplace was an added bonus and so was the nice flat screen TV.
My favorite part of the entire hotel was the Pool. Very tastefully appointed with nice pool furniture. It was at the rooftop of the hotel, and you can see most of LA. Although small, the pool was heated nicely and served it's purpose as a fun, splash in the water type of a pool.
One warning though. The elevator needs getting used to. I don't think it was designed to be a hotel elevator. It was very slow, and you waited a long time to go up or down. It creaked and several uncomfortable noises. I'm sure it's a very safe elevator, but not the most sleek or new.
Location is this hotel's primary attraction. You can't beat it. It's very close to all the gay bars in West Hollywood, yet you don't feel like you are staying on the main drag with all the noise. A short walk to most everything that you will need.
Although I had a great weekend, Something about the hotel just wasn't satisfying. I'm not sure if it's the obvious fact it was an apartment building or just the little things like the elevator that added up to a less than a decent stay.
But because of it's location, I will be staying there again, if the price is right. ( I got a great deal through Hotwire for the 4th of July weekend)
I will post another review after my next stay at the Chamberlain.

Mike

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank blueleo65
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

I’d like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to author this thoughtful review of the Chamberlain because I think we’ve all, unfortunately, experienced that feeling of something not being quiet perfect for some unknown reason. And you are correct, the building was originally constructed as apartments, but that is actually what ensures that all of our generously sized suites offer a private balcony, fireplace, and that perfect “in the mix, but not the noise” location that we’re famous for. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the renovated suite, bathroom, and pool deck. Just to let you know the final phase of the renovation is a modernization project on our elevators that is already 50% complete, so in just a few short weeks, we’ll have two elevators that have been completed refurbished! We look forward to your next visit, so you can leave feeling beyond satisfied because everything was done right again.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

If you are a fan of the W, you will be very comfortable @ The Chamberlain West Hollywood. If you have the chance to return to WeHo, this place would be my first choice. I found the location convenient, the staff helpful but not intrusive, the hotel was clean and the rooms were large and well appointed. I noticed no elevator issues as mentioned in previous postings so this must have been fixed. I loved the roof top pool with bar service and the wonderful view of the city. This hotel was close to all of the major bars and restaurants in WeHo as well as the Trader Joe's. It would be really nice they would offer free, high speed internet.
I shall return!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

On behalf of all of everyone at the Chamberlain, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We are quiet proud of both our colleagues and our newly renovated hotel. The final touches of our renovation include the modernization of the elevators here at the Chamberlain. I am happy to report that 50% of the work is already complete and the remaining portion of the project is already in process, so we are pleased that our guests are already noticing a difference. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain next time you are in West Hollywood.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Chamberlain for 9 nights. We had a luxurious suite, which was spacious. The bed was so comfortable and the area is quiet, so we slept really well. We didn't have a car and walked most of the time and took the bus when we needed to.
There are some fantastic restaurants/cafes in the area and a couple of good supermarkets - Trader Joe's and the Pavillions are both within a few minutes walk.
The staff were friendly and helpfu. I would like to single out Claudia and trainee Chelsea as they really went the extra mile for us by asking us how we had spent our days out and they phoned bus and train companies to find out times and prices for us.
If we are ever fortunate enough to be able to return to LA, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Yas52
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thank you for your glowing review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I have to agree with you, we are quiet fortunate to be located in such a great part of town and to be surrounded by so many fantastic dining options. We are also very fortunate to have colleagues like Claudia and Chelsea representing us each day. Rest assured, they will receive special recognition for your kind words. We hope that you are “fortunate enough to be able to return to LA” and “stay here again.” Warm regards.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Beautiful newly renovated room with a great view. the service was very quick and friendly.
the location was perfect, even provided a free yoga class on the roof deck. I love this hotel and had an Amazing stay. I would absolutely go back !

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank paultraveler11

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the service you received. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and complimentary weekend yoga classes. On behalf of all of our colleagues at the Chamberlain, we look forward to welcoming you back!