1,850 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsanta monica blvdresidential areaquiet streettrader joesapartment buildingtucked awayvalet parkingroom servicerooms are spacioussunset stripthe location is perfectbeverly hillshome away from homeone bedroom suitebars and restaurantsvalet service
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I booked the Chamberlain in West Hollywood over the 4th of July weekend holiday. The location was perfect for my visit, as I was planning on going out to the clubs on Santa Monica Blvd with friends.
Upon first site, you can't tell this is a hotel. It looks like an apartment building. The lobby is your typical apartment entrance with over decorated walls. They really want you to be impressed. Check-in was fast as it was all prepaid. I asked for a room that has some sort of a view. What I got was a balcony overlooking a wall. Definitely no views of any sort.
The room is large and very nice. It's your typical 400 sq Hollywood apartment that was opened up and converted into a hotel bedroom. The beds, although a little soft for my taste were comfortable. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was large, with modern amenities. We did get a newly refurbished room, with nice decor and modern amenities. A fireplace was an added bonus and so was the nice flat screen TV.
My favorite part of the entire hotel was the Pool. Very tastefully appointed with nice pool furniture. It was at the rooftop of the hotel, and you can see most of LA. Although small, the pool was heated nicely and served it's purpose as a fun, splash in the water type of a pool.
One warning though. The elevator needs getting used to. I don't think it was designed to be a hotel elevator. It was very slow, and you waited a long time to go up or down. It creaked and several uncomfortable noises. I'm sure it's a very safe elevator, but not the most sleek or new.
Location is this hotel's primary attraction. You can't beat it. It's very close to all the gay bars in West Hollywood, yet you don't feel like you are staying on the main drag with all the noise. A short walk to most everything that you will need.
Although I had a great weekend, Something about the hotel just wasn't satisfying. I'm not sure if it's the obvious fact it was an apartment building or just the little things like the elevator that added up to a less than a decent stay.
But because of it's location, I will be staying there again, if the price is right. ( I got a great deal through Hotwire for the 4th of July weekend)
I will post another review after my next stay at the Chamberlain.

Mike

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank blueleo65
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

I’d like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to author this thoughtful review of the Chamberlain because I think we’ve all, unfortunately, experienced that feeling of something not being quiet perfect for some unknown reason. And you are correct, the building was originally constructed as apartments, but that is actually what ensures that all of our generously sized suites offer a private balcony, fireplace, and that perfect “in the mix, but not the noise” location that we’re famous for. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the renovated suite, bathroom, and pool deck. Just to let you know the final phase of the renovation is a modernization project on our elevators that is already 50% complete, so in just a few short weeks, we’ll have two elevators that have been completed refurbished! We look forward to your next visit, so you can leave feeling beyond satisfied because everything was done right again.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

If you are a fan of the W, you will be very comfortable @ The Chamberlain West Hollywood. If you have the chance to return to WeHo, this place would be my first choice. I found the location convenient, the staff helpful but not intrusive, the hotel was clean and the rooms were large and well appointed. I noticed no elevator issues as mentioned in previous postings so this must have been fixed. I loved the roof top pool with bar service and the wonderful view of the city. This hotel was close to all of the major bars and restaurants in WeHo as well as the Trader Joe's. It would be really nice they would offer free, high speed internet.
I shall return!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

On behalf of all of everyone at the Chamberlain, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We are quiet proud of both our colleagues and our newly renovated hotel. The final touches of our renovation include the modernization of the elevators here at the Chamberlain. I am happy to report that 50% of the work is already complete and the remaining portion of the project is already in process, so we are pleased that our guests are already noticing a difference. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain next time you are in West Hollywood.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Chamberlain for 9 nights. We had a luxurious suite, which was spacious. The bed was so comfortable and the area is quiet, so we slept really well. We didn't have a car and walked most of the time and took the bus when we needed to.
There are some fantastic restaurants/cafes in the area and a couple of good supermarkets - Trader Joe's and the Pavillions are both within a few minutes walk.
The staff were friendly and helpfu. I would like to single out Claudia and trainee Chelsea as they really went the extra mile for us by asking us how we had spent our days out and they phoned bus and train companies to find out times and prices for us.
If we are ever fortunate enough to be able to return to LA, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Yas52
David_Lang1000, Director of Hotel Operations at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thank you for your glowing review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I have to agree with you, we are quiet fortunate to be located in such a great part of town and to be surrounded by so many fantastic dining options. We are also very fortunate to have colleagues like Claudia and Chelsea representing us each day. Rest assured, they will receive special recognition for your kind words. We hope that you are “fortunate enough to be able to return to LA” and “stay here again.” Warm regards.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Beautiful newly renovated room with a great view. the service was very quick and friendly.
the location was perfect, even provided a free yoga class on the roof deck. I love this hotel and had an Amazing stay. I would absolutely go back !

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank paultraveler11

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the service you received. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and complimentary weekend yoga classes. On behalf of all of our colleagues at the Chamberlain, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 14, 2010

I had somewhat of a nightmare stay here and complained multiple times to no avail. For starters, this hotel is under construction which was not disclosed when I booked my room. I was there for business and had lots of work to do in my hotel room between meetings.

When I first got there, my room was not well-cleaned including "personal down-there hair" on my bed and the jack-hammering started right outside my door for the first few hours I was there. I called to complain multiple times and after a few hours it stopped.

My room had been recently renovated and it looked nice but everything was poorly done, the whole room had a "stickiness" to it like all the lamps and the TV remote. I was walked in on twice by the housekeeper who yelled at ME because I didn't have my "do not disturb" sign on.

Also, due to the construction, the elevators dont work right so you need to go somewhere, give yourself an extra 5 or 10 minutes and be prepared to find yourself stuck in the elevator for a few minutes.

The room service was sub-par. Fruit on the fruit plate was not fresh. There was something floating in my milk and black stuff in my coffee cup. They came and replaced it when I called but I didn't get an offer for a free cup of coffee, etc.

Unfortunately, I was too busy to check out and go somewhere else or I would have but this place needs to get it's act together!!! It has the potential to be good- great location ,etc but WOW, I was disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tribecatravel
smills1, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

I sincerely apologize for your poor experience on your recent stay and thank you for providing us with your feedback. I assure you this is atypical of the guest experience at the Chamberlain. I have reviewed your comments with our staff. We have already taken several steps to improve these areas. The elevators are undergoing a major modernization project and soon will be running like new. The noise outside your room was the addition of a door which was the final step in creating the new Chamberlain Two-Bedroom Suite. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences these issues caused during your stay. I agree with you in that we have a great residential, quiet and private location in the heart of West Hollywood; and have the potential to be a fantastic hotel all around with great service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Our colleagues are committed to exceeding each and every one of our guest's expectations.