1,853 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsanta monica blvdresidential areaquiet streettrader joesapartment buildingtucked awayvalet parkingroom servicerooms are spacioussunset stripthe location is perfectbeverly hillshome away from homeone bedroom suitebars and restaurantsvalet service
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We booked this room for only one night and wished we could have stayed longer. It is a very lovely and charming boutique hotel in a great location, tucked away in a neighborhood close to Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, and Beverly Hills. The room was spacious and clean, and amenities were plentiful. The rooftop pool was beautiful with great views of Los Angeles and breakfast in the bistro was lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
ChambHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about the Chamberlain! It means a great deal to our team that every guest is well accommodated and thoroughly enjoys every aspect of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,
Caroline

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Cool little boutique hotel in West Hollywood that is in a good spot. You can easily walk up to Sunset Blvd or to the Beverly Center. The layout of the rooms is excellent with plenty of space compared to other hotels in the vicinity. The hotel has a great rooftop pool with awesome views of LA.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
ChambHotelManager, Hotel Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about Chamberlain West Hollywood. Just as you said, we are nestled just between Santa Monica and Sunset Boulevards - close enough to walk to the action, but far enough away to get a good night's sleep! I am thrilled you enjoyed our spacious little hideaway and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

This is exactly what my wife and I were looking for. We always travel with our kids, but we're really not into theme parks and tourist type vacations. For example, most families travelling to Florida go to Disney World - We go to South Beach. We prefer getting a sense of what it's like to actually live in a place for a week or so. But of course, we do a lot of kids things too.
The Chamberlain was perfect. We arrived from New York a little early so the front desk brought us all a glass of pink lemonade to sip on while they prepared our room for an early check-in. The best thing about this hotel, hands down, is the staff. Everyone from the front desk (hi Fiona) to the waiters, to the pool attendants, to the Valets, to the maids, were beyond professional and friendly. I should point out up front, though, the valet parking is $30.00 per night. But this is the heart of L.A. and it's the norm.
The rooms were very large (2 bed suite) and was complete with a fireplace and raised living room. The workout room was small but excellent, even offering complimentary fruit. The food in the restaurant is some of the best I've ever tasted, but bring your wallet...
You'll love the rooftop pool area. I remember saying to the wife "Now This Is L.A. Check Out That View." Do yourself a favor and order a few drinks up there. There's a menu and phone near the elevator. Just charge it to your room. You can see your accumulating hotel charges on your television. Better to do this rather than be shocked at check-out. Warning: the pool bill will shock you regardless... Hey, sometimes you gotta say "what the hell" and live a little.
L.A. has so much to offer. Check out the farmer's market and grove on fairfax - We went back numerous times for the great food and cheap prices. You might even spot a celeb.. we saw Jewel there. After you see Hollywood Blvd, take a drive up into the hills on Mullholland drive. Check out Santa Monica and Malibu. Laguna Beach is also worth the drive south. Also, one other recommendation for adults only: dress to impress and check out Skybar on the Sunset strip. Sometimes tough to get past the bouncer. Tip: go early and enter through the Mondrian hotel. We ate sushi in their gorgeous lobby and skipped right in afterward.
If you're planning a trip to Los Angeles and want to be in the heart of everything, stay in West Hollywood. Stay at The Chamberlain - You'll leave with a very cool impression. I know we did.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kidtropic

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Chamberlain West Hollywood and for taking the time to write this beautiful review. Our team prides itself on delivering personal yet professional service and exceeding expectations whenever possible. I am thrilled you had such a lovely time and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

All the best,
Caroline

Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Chamberlain is that rare boutique hotel that actually feels comfortable and doesnt have super hip staff that just makes one uncomfortable. This bothered me at the too hip for it's own good Andaz.

Chamberlain feels very chilled out and down to earth, but I got impeccable service. I got a table from the Ivy via the concierge no problem.

The hotel is tucked away on a sidestreet in the middle of regular houses, so it offers privacy, yet Santa Monica Blvd is right below so everything from Starbucks to Trader's Joes and Quiznos's is literally a stones throw away. I really liked the location of the hotel, you almost cant recognize it as a hotel between the trees and the other houses.

The staff was welcoming and kind. The lobby is sparse and quiet and has a ncie ambience to it, it always felt great to come back.

I've stayed in a lot of hotel rooms and Chamberlain has some of the best. The regular twin room I had was massive, with a separate lounge area with a big glass table and a couch, which was great for working and the tv-stand separates this area from the bedroom area in a nice way. There's lots of room for your clothes and even a fireplace. What I liked most is that unlike say W and such places, the hotel room didnt feel overtly flash. It was very nice, but it felt homely in a good way, so it was nice to just stay in the room. The bed was superb.

The air condition unit was nicely tucked away too, so you could actually keep it on without getting cold air all over you.

The bathroom is not the biggest there is, but there's enough space for your toiletries, but what is really nice is that there's a big nightstand kind of table with a mirror outside the bathroom for all your bathroom, make up stuff, which was definitely the coolest feature in the room.

Our room was on the top floor, the fourth, so we had a nice little window to the roof, which brought in the sunlight nicely.

The roof top pool is small, but cool and the view from the pool is awesome, definitely a great place to chill out after a days work.

The hotel offers Wifi for 10'95$ a day, I would have thought it's included in the room rate, but at least the wifi was the fastest I've ever had in a hotel. Even on my old 12" Powerbook I got a full signal.

Definitely an awesome place so we stayed an extra day and got the same rate. Again, the folks at the reception were awesome all day long.

I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review! We strive to provide our guests a unique, personal experience like the one you enjoyed. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Warm regards,
Caroline Dyal

Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed here for just one night on a little in-town get away with my partner, who is working in LA for a few months. The staff at check-in were incredibly friendly, from the parking attendant to the front desk person / concierge.
The room is large and attractive--you can tell it's been several years since it was renovated, as it's not perfect anymore, but it's charming. Nice large sunken Living Room area with a fireplace and TV, and a separate Bedroom next to the bath and closet. The furnishings are attractive, and there was a small balcony overlooking the street.
The bath is not all that nice--it looks like the apartment bath that it used to be, but it was clean and fine.
The restaurant loaned us a knife and plate for some snacks in the room. We had drinks in the bar, and ordered room service--all were great. The resto is small and a bit dark or outdated feeling, but it was fine. It was too cold to swim, but the rooftop pool is very cute and we wanted to hang out up there.
The hotel is hard to locate--but once you do, it's a nice little find. The rates right now can be really low too--well worth it!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate your comments about the Chamberlain team and am so proud you found them friendly - they are a great group of people! You will be happy to know that we are planning an update of our rooms (and bathrooms) in the very near future and the plans look beautiful. I look forward to welcoming you back to see our enhancements!

All the best,