“A Hidden Gem In A Great Location”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
California
“A Hidden Gem In A Great Location”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for four nights while my husband and I were in town looking for a place to live. This is a really spectacular, intimate property in a wonderful neighborhood. Parking is easy, the room was spacious, and the view from the rooftop is amazing (wish we had the free time to enjoy the pool as it looked so relaxing). One of the best parts was being able to go down into the Bistro and have a quiet, relaxed breakfast each morning and we were very well attended to by Aurelio. He greeted us each morning and took great care of us. We could also leave the car at the hotel and in a short walk up two flights of stairs down the road from the hotel we could enjoy great dining on Sunset Blvd. Would HIGHLY recommend this property to anyone seeking a quiet, boutique hotel in LA.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear TravelingGal62.
Wow! what a wonderful review. It is terrific to hear you had such a relaxing stay. I know how taxing it can be to look for a place to live. Thank you so much for the "HIGHLY recommend" and for acknowledging Aurelio, one of our stars in The Bistro. He works very hard to ensure our guests are well attended to as you stated. It sounds as if you were able to familiarize yourself with the area and had some fun. next visit schedule some pool time. Thank you for your business.

John Douponce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

From the friendly Matt at the desk, to the helpful MaryJane @ the Bistro, ordering a birthday gift basket for a hotel guest was delightfully easy! Gotta love great customer service, especially when its between 2 different departments. Bravo Matt, MaryJane & The Chamberlain!

Stayed March 2014
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Julielovestotravel.

Gotta love your review! I am so glad Matt and Mary Jane made your request so easy. It is always a a personal sense of pleasure when our associates are recognized by name. We have a great team, and I know both Matt and Mary Jane will be beaming when they read your comments. Many thanks for your business.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The accomodations were amazing. However - the thing that would cause me to return is the staff. They were professional, friendly and responsive. With a boutique hotel, gracious accomodations are expected; gracious and pleasant staff is a rare experience. They were great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Julie M.
Many thanks for choosing The Chamberlain for your recent business trip. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel however even more important to me were your comments about our team. We are so fortunate to have such a caring group, and I agree that is a rare experience in today's travel. It is so important to have a team that really enjoys providing hospitality. I so very much appreciate you recognizing them and please know how much we appreciate your business...

las vegas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was attending a concert at the House of Blues and chose this hotel because it was close by. What a great place, excellent service and an amazing room. I asked for directions so I could walk to HOB but they insisted on driving me (really, nobody walks in LA) they said to call for a pick up when the show was over but i walked back as it seemed like very nice area. Rooftop pool was very nice and I had a great breakfast in their cute restaurant. Only about a 5 minute drive to the Beverly Center as well. Loved it and will stay again next time i'm in the city

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear kpvegas.
Thank you for your great review. In a city where you have so many hotel choices we are so pleased you selected The Chamberlain. It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay, the hotel, and our terrific location. Our house car is quite popular in a city where"nobody walks". :) We look forward to your next visit. Many thanks for your business.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel. Its in a great location, just a short walk to the sunset boulevard. Our executive suite was pure luxury. We had a late night and were gracefully given an extra hour to check out so we took the opportunity to check out the glamorous roof top pool, a fantastic amenity to freshen up the morning after! Highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay again.

We paid $38 for Valet parking. Considering you drive into the garage yourself a self park option would be nice. My only gripe is that it would be nice to have complimentary water in the room or glasses to allow you to drink tap water.

Tip! If this is your first time in Hollywood use the 'Uber' app for transport - taxi's can be a rip off! We saved $10 on the same trip.

Room Tip: check trip advisor for any special deals - this was the cheapest of all sites!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear rugnsarge.
Thank you for your lovely review of The Chamberlain. I am delighted that you were pleased with the hotel, our Executive Suite, and the customer service during your recent stay with us. So glad you took the extra time and enjoyed the Rooftop Pool.

I will pass on your feedback to our team-they will be happy to know you felt so well taken care of.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

China, Maine
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I give a excellent because of Cindy Salcedo some one who working in this hotel.
I am from China, me and my wife were staying this hotel from March 14th to March 18th, my wife was forgetting her diamond ring in that room when we left, it is our wedding ring. After when we come back to China I was contact room service manager Jose, no answer nothing. I called again, Cindy answered my phone, and she helps us searching that room twice, finally found it. That’s meaning a lot for us.
I would like to take this opportunity to say many thanks to Cindy again, you are a angel, Chamberlain West Hollywood hotel should be proud has you being their staff. thank you very much Cindy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guobin x.
I can definitely tell you we are very proud of Cindy. She was beaming knowing she had found your wife's lost wedding ring. I will share your review with her, and on behalf of our entire team thank you for staying with us. We hope the Chamberlain will be in your travel plans on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Good communication ahead of our stay and both the valet and check-in processes where smooth and rapid.
The rooms are nice and modern will all the amenities you would expect, and the fireplace is a nice addition.
We had booked a room for four and the sofa was converted into an extra bed as you'd expect. Shame it wasn't ready when we arrived very late at night, and that we had to make do with whatever pillows were already in the room, i.e. we had a spare flat pillow and had to used cushions. We also had to request covers for the second night as the kids were cold in the sofa bed with what was initially provided.
The marble bathroom is spacious and very nice with a huge walk-in shower and double sink.
The location is quiet, yet just a block away from Santa Monica Blvd with coffee shop, chemist or other amenities.
The roof top swimming pool is very nice and we were lucky to be the only ones to use it when we were there.
I found it mean that not even one bottle of water was complementary in the room and I think that $38 for car park on top of the room price and on the expensive side (not massively different from other hotels in the area, but still a premium).

We had an overall positive impression, but it might not be special enough for us to go back.

Room Tip: Try the pool (towels provided). Head to Santa Monica Blvd for breakfast (e.g. Starbucks where the s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Francep
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Francep.
Thank you for your feedback. We have a procedure in place to insure sofa beds are made up and ready, we obviously dropped the ball in your case and I sincerely apologize. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will review your comments with both our Reception and Housekeeping Staff to make sure we correct this. We do offer complimentary water throughout the hotel, on the Pool Deck, Fitness Center, and our Valets also have bottled water available in the Motor Court for any guest whenever they retrieve their car. I am pleased you had a good overall stay with us however we strive to be better than just good. I hope you will return and contact me personally to handle your reservation. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as this helps us to do our job better. Thank you so much for your business.