“Wonderful!”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very accommodating. They took care of everything. The rooms were clean comfortable and beautiful. They have a complementary car to take you where you need to go within three miles very good recommendations will be staying there again

• Stayed: February 2014
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Mekamouse2,
Thank you for such a high recommendation. So pleased you were comfortable. and I am glad you were able to utilize our House car, it is a great amenity. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great location for everyone!!! The roof view of the hills were amazing, I loved the big room and bathroom and the sitting area they offer, I had breakfast in the Hotel Bistro and it is delicious, most important the staff made the stay, they are friendly, always smiling and professional. If you have the opportunity take a moment and speak with Eric at check in, Louis in the restaurant, and Sarah at the pool bar, they are fantastic employees and are the prime example of customer service!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear John G.
I am so pleased we were the "right Choice" for your West Hollywood stay. In addition, it is always wonderful to see team members acknowledged and named. I will share your comments with our entire staff and agree they are all a prime example of friendly customer service. We have a new Chef in The Bistro, I hope on your next visit you will try Chef Mason's tasty dinner specials. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your terrific review,(put a smile on my face) and for your business.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Located just a block away from the busy restaurants and shops on Santa Monica Blvd, this unassuming hotel blends perfectly into the quiet residential neighborhood. It would be easy to pass by and never realize that you'd just missed discovering a gem of 4-star hotels. The staff are courteous and helpful and the rooms are spacious and laid out with two steps down to a small living room with a balcony (and even a nice view!). The only reasons I didn't give it a higher rating is that the bathroom was a bit on the small side, electrical plugs would fall out of the sockets, and the desk chair was so heavy it was more like a permanent fixture than a chair. However, other than those small inconveniences I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor facing south
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark F
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Mark F.
Thank you for the wonderful review and high rating. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I'm glad you loved the location and the service team. You are right many people do not realize we are a hotel. I must agree the desk chairs are heavy. Please feel free to contact me for your next visit. The bathrooms vary in size from room to room. I will try to make sure we put you in a room with one of our larger bathrooms. We so much appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently stayed at the Chamberlain on February 15th and the experience was fantastic. The hotel is nestled in a beautiful neighborhood of West Hollywood providing a relaxing and intimate location away from the traditional West Hollywood chaos. The suite was sensationally spacious with a patio overlooking Santa Monica Blvd and gas fireplace. Hotel is very close to Beverly Center...Suite was also very comfortable and everything worked well in the room including the complimentary WiFi. Bathroom was beautiful and offered both a tub and a walk in glass shower. Bath amenities were plentiful and high end. Bed was so comfortable that I slept 10 hours. Check in was great as I had mistakenly reserved the night before but they quickly made the adjustment and got me into the suite reserved. I had a car and the Valet was quick and helpful. I went to dinner and the hotel car actually dropped me off at the restaurant which was an unexpected surprise. Overall, a great experience and one I will repeat

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear johngnewyorkcity,
I am so pleased you had a "great experience" with us at The Chamberlain. Many guests do love the hotels location, so central as you so pointed out. We appreciate you acknowledging the Valet team, they are very dedicated. Our house car service is popular and convenient. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay warm in NYC....Thanks for your business.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is really well-run hotel property. The staff was courteous, helpful and prompt-to-respond (though they did have me complete "kid's treat" form upon our arrival, but the treat was never delivered). The room was lovely, large, and well-maintained. The hotel is in a quiet residential, but conveniently-located residential neighborhood. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear ChristopherL88.
Thank for the Great review. I am disappointed we did not deliver on our "Kids Treat" That is such a hit with the kids, (promise we will not miss it next visit). We do very much appreciate you acknowledging our staff, we are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team of individuals. So glad you also enjoyed our large rooms and location. Please know we do value your business very much.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've stayed at the London and the Andaz in West Hollywood before and the reason I liked this hotel was because it was a little more laid back and the occupants were a little less worried about their image.

The room was great, lots of space. The balcony view was poor though - it was a brick wall basically as we were on the side of the building on the 1st floor. It wasn't the end of the world, but it would have been nice to sit out from time to time.

I'd ask for a room on a higher floor next time.

We didn't eat in the hotel as there is so much to try locally. Petit Four is good for grown ups and Saddle Ranch great for groups and families.

There's a Starbucks and Coffee Bean really close so coffee and a light breakfast was easy. I went running along Santa Monica Boulevard a couple of mornings and stopped off for coffee and water at the close-by Starbucks on the way back and walked up the short hill afterwards; I felt like a local.

The London has more trappings of a classy hotel (and a bigger pool) but comes with the tension of some of it's guests trying a bit too hard to be overheard talking about this deal or that deal or just strutting around looking chic. The Andaz is more relaxed, but has some hard edges you get with ultra modern design. The Chamberlain, however, has charm and a laid back feel. I will definitely go back for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Simon S.
I love it, "Less-image-conscious". So pleased you enjoyed our low key atmosphere and charm. Many guests love the Chamberlain for that very reason. It sounds as if you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities our location offers. Thank you for the "definitely go back". We very much appreciate your feedback and your business.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

From start to finish, the Chamberlain is an amazing choice if you are looking for exceptional accommodations near it all. I knew that I was in for a treat from the moment we pulled up our car into valet...and I was right, truly one of the best appointed rooms I have had the luxury to stay in.

The good:
- Everyone was so friendly and happy to help that I constantly felt like a VIP. Check in was quick and efficient and my bags were waiting for me when I got to my room.
- I had an amazing wine recommendation at the on site bistro and a delicious order of pork belly sliders. I was happily surprised when the chef, Mason, came around to chat with guests as well...always a great sign.
- The property is STUNNING. I could truly tell that they put a great deal of though into the design of the property. I would have loved to transport everything in my room into my bedroom at home.
- Spacious, clean room with everything that you could need (lots of great little touches such as makeup remover in the bathrooms). Separate sitting area served as a great space for working/having breakfast.
- In room dining options were wonderful. I ordered breakfast in the morning and not only was it right on time, but the food was as delicious as if I was eating in the restaurant. Room service attendant was also extremely friendly even at the early morning hour.

The bad:
1. I had to leave.

Truly an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clare S
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Claire S.
We too think it to bad you had to leave. Thank you for such a thorough and wonderful review. I am just delighted you were able to enjoy not only Chef Mason's culinary skills but his wonderful personality. We are so excited about some of the new dishes he is creating for The Bistro. I will share your comments with our entire team. We thank you so much for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#10 of 19 in West Hollywood
Petit Ermitage
Petit Ermitage
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!