“All round winner”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
Baltimore, Maryland
“All round winner”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Rooms are big, the restaurant is creative and serves imaginative breakfast and delicious dinners with great wine pairings. For a smaller boutique-style hotel, this is more than good value for money. It's really close to Trader Joe's for snacks, and the main drag (Santa Monica Blvd or Sunset Blvd) if you want to go and explore on foot. This is the only place I want to stay when visiting L.A. in the WeHo area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear John S.
We are honored that the Chamberlain is the "only place you want to stay when visiting the LA and WeHo area". I thank you for posting such an amazing review. It was very fun to read your beautiful descriptions on our Bistro Restaurant, and it's imaginative menu. We have a very creative Chef. I will absolutely share your comments with he and his team. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such great feedback. Thank you so much for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
Puhi, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel has so much to go for it. Location is great but the main thing is the attentive staff for the price. I can't think of staying anywhere else in LA. Everyone on staff was great but highlights were: Pison in housekeeping-- great service! We arrived late and Brad at the front desk recommended we walk to Kitchen 24-- just a few steps away and open 24 hours. (Timing can get off when in West Hollywood!) We ate at the onsite restaurant, the Bistro, I think-- great food-- ask for Cristian and get the salmon. They have coffee in the lobby each morning-- so few hotels do anymore-- and a Starbucks is nearby. The well-appointed fitness room looked brand new and had much more than a couple of old treadmills, which most hotels "boast." In fact, there were cardio machines, free weights, fruit, towels, water... AMAZING! I'm not sure if it was the time of year or the usual but the lobby smelled like the holidays when we walked in and it was a great start to our fall, which has been busy, busy, busy! Thanks to everyone there! I'm not sure who the GM is but this hotel is run beautifully.

Room Tip: We didn't ask for anything special but the room was huge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dearjblakekauai.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time at The Chamberlain. I will make sure to pass along your glowing comments about Pison, Brad and Cristian, you are so right they provide great service as does our entire team. It sounds as if you were able to enjoy some of our facilities and take advantage of the hotel's location. I think we offer one of the best fitness centers around. The smell in the lobby was Pumpkin, and you are correct our restaurant is The Bistro. We have a very creative Chef. Thanks again for staying with us, we very much appreciate your business. Hope we will see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We arrived at the hotel not knowing much about it or the area. We were incredibly surprised and pleased! They made our week long stay a home away from home. Impeccable attention to the details that really make a difference! They went above and beyond in all aspects from service, helping us get around the city and of course the room was amazing! We reccomed the suite! Traveling with small children is never easy but this hotel was just amazing! I would highly reccomed it to all age groups! Great location too!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear ddbacelic.
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were "surprised and pleased" with your choice of The Chamberlain and location. We very much appreciate your recommendation and business. Many thanks for acknowledging our team. They are the best. Hope we will see you on your next trip.
PALM SPRINGS, CA
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have been staying at The Chamberlain off and on for many years and find it to be a great place for a night or a week. Great location walkable to shops and coffee houses, situated in a nice quiet residential area. Groovy lobby, chic rooms, comfortable beds and great management!
There is nothing that I can find to complain about. Will always stay here whenever in WEHO.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great--I believe all have balconies--favorites are the ones facing the street so y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear meanton.
Thank you for the 1st class review. Coming from such a top contributor is an honor. I am delighted we are your hotel of choice in West Hollywood...We very much appreciate your business. On behalf of our team I wish you and your family a safe and Happy Holiday Season.
thailand
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Having been in the Service Industry, I have high expectations when I travel. This hotel exceeded them Starting with my encounter with Chelsei (sp?), who handled my reservation request, to a fellow, whose name I think was Eric???, who gave me a recommendation for a delightful little Bistro Restaurant not far from the hotel. The staff were a delight, I liked the location being away from the maddening crowds, and yet convenient. The cleanliness was excellent, and the overall stay was memorable. Would go back tomorrow, and highly recommend this property. I am confident this will enhance your whole West Hollywood/Los Angeles travel experience. Thanks to all of you who made me feel comfortable and will see you in the Spring on my next trip out.

George S.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Arizona1940.
I am delighted we met your expectations. It sounds as if Eric sent you to WE HO Bistro, that is one of his favorite places. I am thrilled you enjoyed our location and stay with us. I am also so proud when staff members receive a shout out. I will share your comments with both Chelsea, Eric and our entire team. Thank you so much for your business.
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

You would never know now gorgeous this hotel is from the outside. Very well decorated and styled from the luxurious curtains to the spacious suites! Even the pillows were incredible.

Will definitely recommend and try to stay here again when visiting LA next time. Pricey (and overnight parking was even more expensive!) but it made our Hollywood stay feel very, well, Hollywood!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jamie L.
We so much appreciate the wonderful review. I am pleased we made your Hollywood stay feel "very Hollywood". Guests often comment how discreet the hotel is from the exterior. We thank you for your business and wish you and your family a very safe and Happy Holiday Season.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location in West Hollywood but a bit of an odd hotel.

We had some issues with the hotel prior to arrival. A couple of weeks before arriving in LA we emailed the hotel trying to find out the cost and availability of parking on site. Three emails inquiring about this were never replied to so I emailed the head office of the group. We finally heard back, I presume as a result of the contact with head office and the issue was resolved with an apology and a discounted parking rate for the duration of our stay and free wifi thrown in.

We booked a suite which was a great size with a big bedroom with ample storage, a large lounge/dining room and a kitchenette.

Our room wasn't ready despite us arriving after check in time so we had to wait for about twenty minutes which wasn't appreciated after a long drive and negotiating LA traffic for the first time. Once we got to our room, there were used hotel bathroom toiletries on the shower floor and the room smelled very musty. We figured out the reason for the musty smell was because the carpet ran into the kitchen area and under the bar fridge which must have been leaking. This was pretty overpowering at times.

The air conditioning in the bedroom was very noisy so had to be switched off at night. Room servicing was a bit of a disappointment with trash cans not emptied and a very haphazard approach to making a bed! We asked for the bed linen to be changed one day and we were pretty convinced that only the pillows had fresh linen and the old sheets were left on.

Breakfast service was a bit of a chore in the restaurant with a bit of a lack of understanding of what we wanted to order and incorrect charging. I was very disappointed with the service at the pool area. There is a telephone with a menu at the pool so items ordered were delivered by room service which is fine but the quality of the food was pretty sub standard. One dish in particular, the calamari was terrible and if I hadn't ordered it from the menu myself, there is no way I could have identified the type of protein that was being served. Really pretty awful. What also needs addressing is that the cutlery (silverware) brought with meals to the pool area is plastic which was pretty shocking and not good enough. Another issue was that there was some maintenance going on around the pool which meant loud banging and hammering for a couple of hours which was very disturbing.

We requested, and were happy to pay a half day rate, for a late check out of 5pm but this could not be offered due to the hotel being full which was understandable so bags were stored for us and we were able to change in a public restroom in the hotel.

All the staff were friendly which we appreciated so a pity that there are some issues that need to be sorted out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank david p
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear david p.
Thank you for your business and taking the time to review your stay. We take feedback very seriously since it helps us do our jobs better. I am always disappointed to not have the opportunity to discuss in person any concerns or issues while a guest is on property rather than after the fact. We are in the service industry and quite honestly things do happen, and it is how you address those items that really make a difference in customer service when they are brought to our attention. We always strive to exceed expectations. I can assure you there is nothing in your comments we could not have corrected to insure you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do appreciate very much you acknowledging our friendly staff. I do hope you will give us the opportunity on a future stay. Please contact me personally and I will make sure you have a great time at the hotel. I really very much appreciate your feedback and business.