“A Welcomed Hands-Off Approach to Hospitality”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
New York City, New York
“A Welcomed Hands-Off Approach to Hospitality”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Chamberlain opened in 1997, and it's rooms and lobby decor look like they've been ripped from the pages of those fabulous early days of Wallpaper Magazine. Situated on a quiet, leafy street just below the dazzle of Sunset, it gives the illusion of staying in the apartment of a stylish friend, with sunken living room and fireplace, a refreshing change-up from the sometimes garish hotel experience of West Hollywood. Best of all, the staff manages to be attentive while remaining invisible. My only wish was that the lavish bathroom somehow included a bathtub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
Palm Desert, California, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a one night weekend stay knowing they are a pet-friendly hotel. I made the reservation through the hotel website, which was a weekend package deal that included free parking and WiFi.
I checked into the hotel with my dog and everything was okay until I checked out. They advised that they noticed I had a dog and added a 125.00 fee to my bill. There is no where, that I could find on the website that states a pet fee, and if there is , it isn't readily noticeable. Also, I should have been made aware of this upon check in. Furthermore, they also charged me for parking which was supposed to be included , which they quickly removed.
Just be careful what you are being charged for. This hotel seemed like a good deal, but wasn't at the end. I will never go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Ernest F,

Thank you for the choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your weekend stay. As you mentioned we are a pet friendly hotel but do charge $125 per stay which is mentioned on our website under both our Services & Amenities and FAQ sections along with being listed on the registration cards that all guests sign at check in. I do apologize if our Front Desk Agent was not clear when you checked in and I will be sure to speak with them to ensure this is mentioned upon check in. Looking back on your room it seems our Front Desk Manager went ahead and charged only 50% of the $125 due to the inconvenience of not being fully aware of the charges that would be applied due to having a pet with you.

I'd like to apologize for charging for parking when it was included in your package but am happy to see that we were able to correct it right away for you.

I'd really like for you to offer us another chance to ensure you have a more pleasant experience at the hotel. Please contact me directly and I'll be happy to assist you.

Santaigo, Chile
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel has a great location, and although you can tell it was an apartment complex in an earlier life, the swank interiors make up for it. Roof-top pool was also lovely. My only complaint would be that the restaurant staff was a little slow and way too casual, but I think that is pretty minor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chicha_in_Chile
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Chicha_in_Chile,

Thank you for your review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I'm very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I do apologize that you felt the Bistro staff was slow and casual, I will absolutely address this with them directly to be sure they are more attentive in the future. We look forward to welcoming you to the Chamberlain again in the future!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visit LA once a year and always want to be in WeHo. The Chamberlain has been my choice for the past 6 years. I love the location, the staff and space you get in the room at the hotel. I would say they always seem to be working on it. The work does not get in the way too much but why so much flux? I think the rooms are nice though not as nice as they appear on the surface. Its a great place with a modern feel though not totally modern thru and thru. The pool area is nice and got to check it out this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear PragueAmerican,

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I am very happy to hear that you have chosen to stay with us over the past 6 years and truly appreciate your dedication! We do take great pride in keeping our product new and up-to-date and being able to offer our guests added amenities which are the reasons why we update the property often; to be sure our guests have all of the necessities in order to call the Chamberlain their home away from home!

I do hope you choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your next trip! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We really liked this boutique hotel ,nice staff really cool room .we were only there for 1 night but would definitely return.the hotel is very intimate very old feel modern hollywood .the location is ok you would need a car .not much to do in walking distance.

Room Tip: The one I had .ha ha!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The kind of hotel I really want to give 5 stars but just can't. Best location in West Hollywood, on a leafy street between Sunset and Santa Monica, distinctive and elegant with a wonderful rooftop patio. We traveled as a couple, booked a deluxe suite, which was spacious even by US standards. Everything about this hotel screams top of the line boutique hotel.

Except a few things... the bed was a queen and not particularly comfortable, lacking a nightstand. First US hotel I've been to without a coffee maker. In-room cosmetics low standard, bathrobes worn and towel-like. It's palpable the place is no longer new and in mint condition. The five year old ipod docking station in poor shape, once a brilliant addition to a room, now contributing to overall impression of wear and tear.

In fact, they were busy renovating the early January week we stayed, and the hotel was nearly empty -- at times feeling like The Shining. But I suppose that will change for awards season. Staff was courteous whenever they were present and the overall impression is of a very good hotel in a great neighborhood. Especially recommended if you can get a good deal when comparing it to the many boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EuroDoctor
Dear EuroDoctor,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I do apologize that your stay and impression of the hotel was not satisfactory. All of our suites have king beds excluding our Executive Queen Suites as they have 2 queen beds. We do not have coffee makers in the room but we do offer complimentary coffee in our lobby every morning. Our Gilchrest & Soames bathroom products are high-end items and many of the hotels in West Hollywood use the same. We do provide maintenance on guest rooms in order to keep them up but I would be happy to hear any specific items that you may have seen that perhaps we should take a closer look at.

The winter months do tend to bring slightly less occupancy and as we were re-doing our corridors we had many rooms out of order to not impact our guests. This also contributed to the lower occupancy over the dates you were here.

Again, I do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please let me know the next time you may travel to Los Angeles and I will be happy to assist you with a reservation in order to provide you with a better experience of the Chamberlain West Hollywood.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in September and have nothing but great things to say about it. Large bedrooms with comfortable beds. Loved the shower. Staff were all very helpful and friendly especially the bar staff and valet guys. Location was great, just around the corner from sunset blvd. Hotel is on a quiet residential road and we always felt safe even when walking around late at night. Would highly recommend location and hotel. The people of LA were some of the friendliest and nicest people I've ever met. Will defiantly return to the chamberlain.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Renagadekels
Dear Renagadekels,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your stay this past September! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip if I may assist in any way!