“What Holiday are About!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chamberlain West Hollywood

You added Chamberlain West Hollywood to your Saves list
Chamberlain West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Westmount Drive, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now and Save!!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
globetrek337
“What Holiday are About!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This Hotel we loved, from the front desk to the driver of the limo that is FREE, this is a must. And we are looking forward to popping back and catching up again with the friendly staff.

Short stroll to resturants, clubs, markets the works. Yes if you like the Retro Modern scence this will fit with you.

If you want the same old same old, give this a miss. If you are looking for some slowing down, and enjoyable location this is a tick for the list....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear globetrek337,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to West Hollywood!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights here at a cost of $1200. Wasn't a problem to pay this but I did expect competent staff who could deal with my complaints. This wasn't the case at The Chamberlain. If you like to get anything more than 2 hours sleep, this is not the hotel for you. The room walls are so thin, you could hear everything happening in your neighbors room. Made calls to staff about guests having noisy conversations in the hall ways and having room parties and nothing done about it. I find it extremely disappointing that the hotel will charge you $8 for a bottle of water but cannot deliver on basic hotel policies of excessive guest noise.

Be warned, front desk staff tried to sell us a $122 theme park and transfer package which you can get for $71 directly from the tour company. It shows that the clients best interests is not the hotels best interests.

Everyone says this location is good, but if you're into the gay scene, then yes it's a good location. Otherwise you have to use the hotels shuttle which runs when it's convenient for the hotel.

With no prior warning, our credit card was charged $400 for incidentals upon checking in. The hotel did apologize for this, but still you should be warned of incompetent staff who look at each other with blank faces for every second question you ask them.

A massively over priced "hostel" that if it was my company, I'd be investing more more into staff training.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not have neighbors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank AvoidThisHotel
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear AvoidThisHotel,

I am sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and that the guest staying next door disrupted you during your stay. I will personally address this with our Night Security and ask them to provide me with a little more detail with what had occurred during that evening so that I can make any necessary changes to policies we already have in place when it comes to noise complaints. The theme park transfer package the Front Desk was selling you provides transportation to and from the theme park (s). The tour company will sell you a similar package but you would be required to provide your own transportation to and from their location. I'd like to apologize as it seems this was not explained to you by our Guest Service Agent. As for the charges placed on your credit card upon check-in, this is a standard authorization the Front Desk takes in order to secure credit during your stay. Again, I would like to apologize if this was not explained to you during the check-in process. Thank you for your comments and I hope that you would give us a second opportunity to have you as our guest. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly I will be more than happy to ensure you a more pleasant stay upon your return to West Hollywood.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Perfectly pleasant place to stay and one of my favourites in WeHo but could be much better and my last visit wasn't good enough to stop me looking elsewhere...

I like the size of the rooms but they could do with a bit of facelift.
Last time I stayed the balcony looked straight at a wall (no Californian sunshine there).
The parking cost is very high at $35 per night!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear AlbiGJ,

Thank you for your comments in your review. I am happy that you find our room accommodations large and the hotel a pleasant place to stay. I am sorry you were not completely happy with the location of your room during your last visit and that your balcony did not provide a nice view. If you could be so kind to contact me directly at the hotel I would like to ensure you a better location upon your return. As for our parking rates, these rates are set to be in line with all local hotels in the area and I am sorry that they appear to be a little high. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to having you back as our valued guest.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Odd "suite" that's small for price. Odd that light in front foyer and bathroom shut off quickly, even if you're in shower. Odd there's a bar i never saw anybody go into.
And paying $35 a night to park seems high. Room service coffee and were also very expensive. Seems like they were trying to squeeze money from us every time they could.
It was not crowded over Thanksgiving, so maybe my judgment isn't fair. Bed and linens are excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fitvtom
Dear fitvtom,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I'd like to apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations but rest assured that I have addressed the items mentioned in your review with my engineering team. Both the light in the foyer and bathroom have been fixed to guest satisfaction. As for our parking rates, these rates are set so that they are in line with all local hotels in the area, unfortunately there is no street parking allowed unless you’re a local resident which makes parking in West Hollywood limited. Each morning we prepare a self service coffee station in the lobby which is free to our guests so I do apologize if that information was not provided to you upon check in. I would be more than happy to refund you the charge placed on your account if you could please contact me at the hotel and provide me with your information. I hope that you will give us a second opportunity to service you in the near future and I want you to know we value your business.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am currently staying here for business. I looked at several other hotels - but all were too expensive. i am so pleasantly surprised by this boutique hotel. My room is huge and has a sitting area, fireplace, and balcony. Room service is fast and good. The restaurant + bar are staffed by lovely people. The guest services staff are super helpful. All my business buddies like the hotel as well. Starbucks + Trader Joes are just down the street. Comfy bed, huge bathroom. This place is great!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a gem! This hotel is perfectly located on a quiet tree lined street 1 block away from Santa Monica Blvd, trendy shops, eateries and entertainment. We stayed 5 nights and every morning walked to different little cafes or restaurants.

The rooms are very spacious and clean. Our standard room was huge and had a living room with fireplace and TV, office area (away from bedroom so I didn't wake my husband working early in the morning), balcony and a step up bedroom with another TV and a heavenly bed with white linens. The bathroom was also spacious with a nice glass shower and good sized closet.

The staff (unlike other reviews) was actually very helpful. We upgraded our room to include the parking and internet. Valet service was quick always ready by the time we made it down the elevator. Our toilet wasn't working properly but no big deal as the maintenance staff promptly arrived and fixed it. The hair dryer broke while I was using it and it was replacing without any hassle within minutes.

The roof top pool looked amazing. We didn't get a chance to use it but enjoyed the view at night! We really enjoyed our stay and loved the peaceful and quiet location. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are huge and nice, upgrade to include valet parking and internet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good rooms, and very good beds! Valet parking a bit pricy, but very convenient. There is a starbuck just 1 min walk down the street, perfect for breakfast. We were her in february, so it was a bit cold, but the roof topp, with the pool seemed perfect for a hot day i L.A :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple