“Odd but ok”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
chicago
“Odd but ok”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Odd "suite" that's small for price. Odd that light in front foyer and bathroom shut off quickly, even if you're in shower. Odd there's a bar i never saw anybody go into.
And paying $35 a night to park seems high. Room service coffee and were also very expensive. Seems like they were trying to squeeze money from us every time they could.
It was not crowded over Thanksgiving, so maybe my judgment isn't fair. Bed and linens are excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fitvtom
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear fitvtom,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I'd like to apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations but rest assured that I have addressed the items mentioned in your review with my engineering team. Both the light in the foyer and bathroom have been fixed to guest satisfaction. As for our parking rates, these rates are set so that they are in line with all local hotels in the area, unfortunately there is no street parking allowed unless you’re a local resident which makes parking in West Hollywood limited. Each morning we prepare a self service coffee station in the lobby which is free to our guests so I do apologize if that information was not provided to you upon check in. I would be more than happy to refund you the charge placed on your account if you could please contact me at the hotel and provide me with your information. I hope that you will give us a second opportunity to service you in the near future and I want you to know we value your business.

Chad Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
chicago
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am currently staying here for business. I looked at several other hotels - but all were too expensive. i am so pleasantly surprised by this boutique hotel. My room is huge and has a sitting area, fireplace, and balcony. Room service is fast and good. The restaurant + bar are staffed by lovely people. The guest services staff are super helpful. All my business buddies like the hotel as well. Starbucks + Trader Joes are just down the street. Comfy bed, huge bathroom. This place is great!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a gem! This hotel is perfectly located on a quiet tree lined street 1 block away from Santa Monica Blvd, trendy shops, eateries and entertainment. We stayed 5 nights and every morning walked to different little cafes or restaurants.

The rooms are very spacious and clean. Our standard room was huge and had a living room with fireplace and TV, office area (away from bedroom so I didn't wake my husband working early in the morning), balcony and a step up bedroom with another TV and a heavenly bed with white linens. The bathroom was also spacious with a nice glass shower and good sized closet.

The staff (unlike other reviews) was actually very helpful. We upgraded our room to include the parking and internet. Valet service was quick always ready by the time we made it down the elevator. Our toilet wasn't working properly but no big deal as the maintenance staff promptly arrived and fixed it. The hair dryer broke while I was using it and it was replacing without any hassle within minutes.

The roof top pool looked amazing. We didn't get a chance to use it but enjoyed the view at night! We really enjoyed our stay and loved the peaceful and quiet location. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are huge and nice, upgrade to include valet parking and internet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good rooms, and very good beds! Valet parking a bit pricy, but very convenient. There is a starbuck just 1 min walk down the street, perfect for breakfast. We were her in february, so it was a bit cold, but the roof topp, with the pool seemed perfect for a hot day i L.A :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is my second stay, I couldn't fault this hotel, and I've tried every other 4 star in WeHo. I had a great, large room, a good kitchenette, and even a view. Rooftop pool very nice. They could do with more staff in the breakfast area (slow when there're more than 2 guests!) otherwise no complaints.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the chamberlain and would not recommend this hotel AT ALL!
I have travelled a lot with work and in my leisure time and I have never been treated with so much disregard before in my life. Considering the amount I paid (which should be irrelevant) the service should have been 100 times better.
There was a massive cockroach in my 1st room and do you think I was given anything complimentary ? Not here! The rooms are comfortable enough. Mediocre for a 4* . You're paying more for the great location more than anything else. I was able to get to everywhere I needed to be within 15 minutes. However I would NEVER stay here again as some of the staff could be taught some basic manners and quite a few didn't speak English, which I was surprised by!
AVOID like the plague.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Nadiva99
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Nadiva99,

First let me apologize for the poor customer service you received upon your arrival to the Chamberlain West Hollywood. We pride ourselves on good customer service and guest satisfaction and I want you to know that I personally take full responsibility for my desk agent’s actions. I want to assure you that I will address the steps that were taken during your check in process with the two desk agents involved. I understand how frustrating it can be as a traveler when coming into a hotel and the first impression is broken during the check-in process.

After reading your review I can't tell you how disappointed I am with how the cash deposit for incidentals was handled by my employees. Furthermore, I am truly embarrassed that upon checking into your room that you discovered an insect in the bathroom. However, I am happy that the proper action was taken to relocate you to another room in the hotel. The security staff is very well trained and extremely helpful during the late hours of the night and I am glad to hear he was able to assist you. As for our housekeeping department, I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper regarding your items that were moved during your stay and he has addressed this with the staff member that cleaned your room.

Due to all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, I would like to offer you a gift certificate for a free night back at the Chamberlain West Hollywood. Upon redeeming this certificate I want you to know that I will be personally be selecting your room and will also be upgrading you to one of our best suites in the hotel. I would love to have a second opportunity to make your stay at the Chamberlain a more pleasant one.

If you would be so kind to send me your mail address I will issue a gift certificate right away. My contact information is listed below so please feel free to contact me on my direct line should you wish to discuss anything further.

Chad Thompson
toronto
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose the Chamberlain without any advice and were so pleasantly surprised by what we found when we arrived. Its an excellent little boutique hotel nestled into a wonderful quiet neighborhood and we felt at home instantly. Our room so fun - sort of like a 50s hollywood set and the roof top pool/bar was so inviting and intimate. The service was excellent from the valet parking at check in, through check in and throughout our stay. They really aim to please.
We didn't eat there but that's because the location was so central that we could zip out for anything we needed.
We really felt like we had stumbled on a great little gem. I would definitely stay there again - hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends