“loved the rooftop pool”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights after a road trip of California. Nice spacious rooms with sitting area. Did have a balcony but actually very small and shaded so we didn't use. Loved the rooftop pool, great place for chilling out in the evening. I loved breakfast, nice choices. We ate in the hotel one night, and sat outside in a sunny spot in their little garden terrace, this was really enjoyable. Nice quirky decor, feels high end. And Nobu west hollywood is just around the corner!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsluxuryexplorer
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear mrsluxuryexplorer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I appreciate the great review and am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance for a future stay!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The hotel is on a charming quiet street so you would never have to worry about street noise. The staff is very accommodating making sure everything about your stay is to your liking. The Chamberlain is very clean throughout the entire hotel including the guest rooms. The rooms are large and luxurious, decorated with modern cool furniture. The rooftop pool is peaceful with very comfortable chairs, nice awnings for those who would like shade, and enough chairs in the sun for those who don't. They also offer complementary iced tea and lemonade at the pool which is quite refreshing. I highly recommend staying at The Chamberlain.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Gabby/Alex,

Thank you for such a great review! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to assist you again in the future!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I liked this place. The rooms are lovely although the bathrooms are small. The rooftop pool is also small but it has a great view and a really cool bar in the evening. There are a couple of restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: I only saw mine but it was peaceful even though it was on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear lemanieg,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your recent stay! I am happy to see you enjoyed our rooftop pool and bar - It happens to be one of our most favored amenities!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

An oasis in the desert of chaos. This was the last leg of our two week vacation- Dana point condo on the strand, Hilton union square san Francisco, the lodge at Sequoia and waiting for an hour on the side of the mountain for construction on the Generals highway we needed a break. We got it at the Chamberlain Hotel in WeHo. From the moment we arrived we were treated like valued and special guests (hard to get that in WeHo!) The lobby, rooms, pool area, restaurant and even the valet area were tastesfully appointed! The room was huge! We highly recommend and wish we could stay longer! In fact our last. Igbt here we just decided to order in and hang out here and we are a family of five

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Chelesarr,

I am very happy to hear that you were "treated like valued and special guests" because that is exactly what we strive for!

Thank you for the recommendations and we do hope that the next time you travel to West Hollywood you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located, inexpensive and the service is great. We had a great stay with our family and friends and everyone is still talking about how good the hotel was. Thank you Chamberlain we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pradoboy67

Dear Pradoboy67,

No, THANK YOU! We really appreciate you choosing to stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Staying at The Chamberlain in West Hollywood is always a fantastic experience visit LA three times a year to shop, and visit local stores.

The hotel is tucked away on a residential street in West Hollywood, and is perfect for relaxing after shopping the different areas of hectic LA during the week. It's situated off a main thoroughfare, making it easy to access both the highway and surface streets.

The hotel has a great staff, who often go above and beyond to ensure that my stay is perfect.

The staff are able and willing to make restaurant recommendations, and help me acquire the odds and ends I need to work remotely for the week- and still have a pleasurable experience.

I used to wake up early, leave the hotel, and walk up Alta Loma to get a decent workout at the Equinox off Sunset. But the recent gym renovations save me $35/day in guest passes, thanks to the equipment upgrade.

One night out of the week during my stay, I usually order room service- and have never been disappointed. The food is high quality, and the hotel boasts a great wine list all year round. The prices are affordable when compared to the restaurants in the area with similar food.

The rooms are perfect for travelling on business. I love the separate living area with desk. The Premium Executive and Executive King Rooms are great for hosting meetings while travelling on the road with colleagues also staying at the hotel. If memory serves correctly, I fnd the Executive King to be my preferred room type, only because it had a sunken living room area that is perfect for hosting guests and VERY separate from the bedroom.

Now- I do have two SLIGHT complaints.

First, the internet connection (wifi) is very poor in some rooms. I have an iPad, a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone, and I can never manage to get decent signal on any of the three. On visits earlier in the year, I could default to the 'wired' ethernet cable provided in order to get work done. However, on my most recent stay, when I travelled with just my iPad, the internet connection was so poor, I had to resort to using the 4g on my phone (which destroyed my battery life).

Second, the in-wall air units. While certainly not a deal breaker, they are quite noisy at times and don't really cool the room all that well. That being said, if measured against the other amenities at this hotel- it's something I'm willing to sacrifice.

All in all- looking forward to my stay in November!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Danny D,

Thank you for staying with us on your last visit to West Hollywood! We do pride ourselves on our service and the property itself and always appreciate when guests point out the things they liked about the hotel along with any items we need to look into.

We are very proud of the renovation to our Fitness Center and happy to see you were able to have a little extra spending money for your shopping trip!

I do appreciate your great review and would like to let you know that we are currently working on the 2 items you listed under your complaint section so perhaps your next stay you'll be able to enjoy the WiFi and quieter air conditioners!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Boutique hotel in West Hollywood with tons of charm. After reading through some of the negative reviews, I just think it's important to remember that you're staying at a boutique hotel. There are not 25 floors of rooms, so you probably won't have a major view out of your window. Because of the size, there is less staff. . . but they are completely attentive to your needs.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed with fun and modern furnishings. The bathrooms are a tad on the small size, with a shower only. Each room has a fireplace, which is a nice touch.

The restaurant/bar is great. We really enjoyed every meal we had and the wait staff was incredibly nice and engaging. I was pleasantly surprised with this based on the size of the hotel.

Small but completely adequate business center.

Negatives:
The size of the lobby is slightly deceiving because of the mirrors so it looks quite larger in pictures. It is rather small.
Window Unit AC... but it's not much louder than most other hotel AC units.

Room Tip: There are interior view and street view rooms. If one is more important to you, make sure you call t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TXPhotographer

Dear TXPhotographer,

Thank you for staying with the Chamberlain West Hollywood during your travels to Los Angeles!

I do appreciate your understanding of our boutique property as it is only 4 floors so the best view would be from our amazing rooftop pool!

We do have a few of our rooms that have bath tubs so it is always an option to request one upon making a reservation - of course they are based upon availability but we do always try our best to accommodate our guest's needs!

Again, thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood! We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Petit Ermitage
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!