“Amazing night”

$60.00*
Movie Stars' Homes Tour
Ranked #6 of 36 Nightlife in West Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular club showcasing rock bands and owned by actor Johnny Depp.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Attended the Viper Room with my Dad on a break in LA as we were over to watch the UFC. The club is famous back home in England so we wanted to check it out.
After a short 5 minute que (as oppose to 35 minutes in UK) we paid 12 dollars and entered. I thought the door staff might be abit funny about letting us in as we were not exactly dressed for a rock club, my Dad had shorts and white socks on! But the door staff were sound and didnt even look twice! We met a couple inside who made us feel very welcome, the American Hospitality is without a doubt the best in the world.
There was a local band playing and me and my Dad both realy enjoyed them, the atmosphere inside the club was awesome, no sign of trouble like you would see in a club in the UK. Staff behind the bar were very freindly, and drinks were not overpriced.
Pretty funny, people talking about the place being dirty! Its a rock club! I dont know what they were expecting lol. Great place totally lived up to my expectations, thankyou, keep up the good work! Never forget that night

2  Thank Rick L

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I used to frequent The Viper Room back in 1993-1994 a lot. It was so vibrant, hot, happening and always exciting. I haven't been back for many many years, but my brother and I were intrigued by the idea of an STP cover band.
We were told they started at 11, but of course when we got there, we were told it would be more like 11:45. Not a big deal. Door guys were nice enough. Went down to the Rainbow to kill time.
Came back, they charged us $5 more per person (not cool) than was advertised on the website.
Went upstairs to a very small crowd. The band themselves were good (Core) but the lead singer was a cheesy mess. NOT a good singer AT ALL. I was even embarrassed for him at times. Yikes. It was fun mainly because we knew all the songs and Scott Weiland's current bassist (Tommy Black) just happens to be a bartender there and came up on the stage and played a few songs, which was cool.
I was thinking back 20 years and how this band NEVER would have been allowed to play. That was back in the day when the Black Crowes would show up for an impromptu show and Fishbone would take the stage after hours. I mean it was a COOL COOL place.
Sad to say, The Viper Room is only a faded remnant of what it once was. But then again, I feel that way about most of Hollywood these days. Good memories but not much to go back for in the present.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was somewhere I had always wanted to go mainly because of it's history and reputation, but to be completely honest I would not hurry back. Dark, creepy and overcrowded. Kind of disorienting and I remember having difficulty finding way out through staircase it was that badly lit. On a lighter note (No pun intended), their T-shirts are cool and you must try a Viper Shot before you leave...maybe we just got it on a bad night.

1  Thank Voodoochilled1
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A great experience - we really enjoyed ourselves - top bands a definite - we read some reviews and didn't expect a very good reception and yet we found the complete opposite. I would recommend this venue to my friends. Worth the visit - drinks a we bit exy.
Thanks for a good time Viper Room.

PS. Been to the Viper Room in OZ (downunder) ..... and yes that's even more fun !!!

BJ

Reviewed June 27, 2013

So I went to the Viper Room... Owned by Johnny Depp etc. etc. I was curious to see what it was like. I stayed an hour and then left.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was pretty 'underwhelmed'. The venue is small and dark, and it was packed full of people watching some grunge band that I had never heard of... (funny enough I heard one of their tracks on the radio when I was back home and was told it was 'Ida Maria'... LOL) - Still don't know them.

The place just wasn't my scene I guess. I can't really fault the staff, as there was one guy behind the bar that struck up conversation with me and gave me his card which was kind of funky. It looked like a playing card. I told someone about it later and they laughed and said 'yeah, he hits on all the girls like that'. It's his token card. Geez.... and I thought I was 'special' lol.

1  Thank Parisian_Suitcase