“Great place to see a show”
Review of The Viper Room

$60.00*
Movie Stars' Homes Tour
Ranked #5 of 36 Nightlife in West Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular club showcasing rock bands and owned by actor Johnny Depp.
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We caught Diamond Light and LP here.

What more do you want. It is a small venue that gives an intimate place to see a good live show.

What were people expecting?

If the bands that play that night are any good, wonderful place to see a show.

1  Thank iamarugger

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We experienced a full night of local music from four different bands. A memorable time!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nothing special here.

When I asked the doorman that what kind of music was played that night, he just answered "Rock music". Oh, really!

2  Thank piaaf
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I went here on a Saturday night - got half price tix to get in due to local scalpers. First clue that it's not as happening as we thought.

The smoke coming out of the doors was a little shocking in this day and age when smoking is virtually banned in every other establishment in the country. But I suppose you can't OD on Nicotine.
Then when we got in we saw people lighting up bones in the middle of the floor. My friend and I were here on our first night from Boston, and we just thought it was hilarious.

AT FIRST IT WAS A METAL BAND, THEN NEXT SET WAS A MORE ROCK BAND WHICH I REALLY ENJOYED - WE THE PEOPLE.

I WAS SURPRISED HOW SMALL THE PLACE WAS, I HAD IT BUILT UP IN MY HEAD. OVERALL A FUN TIME, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT KIND OF BURNED OUT FROM THE PLACE IT WAS RUMORED TO BE IN THE 90'S. DIDN'T STAND OUT A PLACE TO GO TO AGAIN.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

we went to the west coast for the first time (we live in the east). And we went to L.A. Checked out the famous sunset strip to see how big the rock and metal scene was there. We were quite impressed with the 'rainbow' but the Viper room was dissapointing.
the people there was pretty average, they have a cover which doesn't include drinks unlike the rainbow bar.
the place was rather small, the energy was just...lacking, def. Not what we were expecting...in our minds we thought viper room and we imagined metal heads everywhere, but NO!