“Beautiful Boutique Hotel!”

Palihouse West Hollywood
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this fabulous hotel!
The rooms were decorated well and the layout was excellent - the bathrooms were a decent size and it was great to have a lounge area separate from the bed.
The staff were absolutely fantastic - nothing was too much trouble!
We enjoyed eating in the restaurant, the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
The only thing I would comment on is that the couch in our room was in dire need of repair (the fabric was very ripped). Everything else was wonderful - I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room as close to the rooftop as possible so you don't hear noice from the cour...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Corrina,

Thank you for the lovely review and your feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest while you visited L.A. It's great to hear our team was attentive to your needs and helpful. Please visit us again soon.

P.S. Our apologies for the couch! We pinpointed the couch and had it replaced right away.

Finest Regards
Palihouse Management

Reviewed August 18, 2013

When I first landed at LAX, I didn't really feel like I was "here" yet. Even our cab driver who so effortlessly tried to show us around Beverly Hills and Sunset Blvd upon arriving to the Palihouse still didn't sink in that I was actually in LA. Then I checked into the Palihouse. I finally felt like I was home and that my new home was Los Angeles, California. We were greeted with nothing but smiles and friendliness. We arrived a bit early (around 11am and check in was at 3pm) but Sean, one of your lovely employees, suggested we go grab a bite to eat around the hotel. Being fairly new to the city, I was not disappointed by his recommendations. We came back to open up our room and I was literally in shock as to what I would be living in for the next week.

We were greeted by a 1 bedroom loft that is so beautifully designed to make me want to live there forever. The style of the hotel fit into my needs of what I thought LA would be all about. Reading the negative reviews right now honestly made me sad because the reason you would want to vacation is so that you can relax and enjoy yourself and the Palihouse had everything like that and more.

The partying and the club and the bars -- my only complaint is that I just wish there was more! I mean, hello people, you're in WEST HOLLYWOOD. Honestly I would pay what I paid and more to stay here again. I loved it and it did make my experience in LA the most amazing traveling experience I've had to date. Thank you to everyone there who made me feel like a star in a sky of satellites!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reem C
Reviewed August 16, 2013

.......and excellent accommodations. I booked this hotel through hot-wire.com which can sometimes be nerve racking. There was nothing to be nervous about. This hotel is a gem. The location can't be best-off of Sunset in West Hollywood. Close to everything...Beverly Hills, Universal Studios, etc. The room was MASSIVE. 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, big living room, etc.-felt like home away from home. The staff was super kind and helpful. Will stay again AND recommend to anyone traveling to West Hollywood. I understand that there is a Palihouse in Santa Monica as well that's just as nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Srgardella,

Thank you for the great review. We are excited to hear you enjoyed the accommodations, the super kind staff, and of course the location, location, location! We very much look forward to having you visit again here in West Hollywood and at our beautiful new Santa Monica property. Please email me directly at gonzalo@pali-group.com and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally.

Warm Regards,

Gonzalo Quintero
AD of Paligroup Operations

Reviewed August 11, 2013

As soon as we arrived at the Palihouse, West Hollywood, we felt VIPs.
Georgia was extremely helpful and efficient during our check in.
Our 2 bedroom loft residence was amazing! Huge, beautifully cool decorated and hyper comfortable. The beds were really comfortable and the bedding excellent.
The location is perfect. Parking in the house very convenient.
We had dinner at the hotel and loved the food and the patio setting.
Everything is superb! We will definitely be back!
Thanks Palihouse for making our family vacation unforgettable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Viaja and family,

It was our pleasure to host you at Palihouse during your recent visit. We go out of our way to make everyone feel like a VIP and we are very happy to hear Georgia treated you as so, she is one of our best. Our residence are pretty amazing, aren't they? We put a lot of thought and love into them so it's great to hear the feedback. We are also glad you dined with us at the Courtyard Brasserie and enjoyed the food and ambiance alike. Please return soon. It would be great to see you and your family again.

Best Regards,

Gonzalo Quintero
AD of Paligroup Operations

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everything is perfect at the Palihouse. The environment is private, pretty, spacious and incredibly comfortable. I love staying at Palihouse because it's so comfortable and inviting. Their two bedroom and one bedroom loft residences are a little piece of heaven. The food is fantastic and fresh. The service is speedy and reliable. Their concierge, Georgia is a gem. Sean is lovely as well. Palihouse is my home away from home forevermore. I'm so happy I discovered it and I don't like sharing it with too many people because it's a secret, hidden gem.

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroom loft residence or the one bedroom loft residence.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I read the bad reviews and decided to give it a try anyway I don't know why. Because the rooms looked cool I guess.

> Entered the hotel Juggling with luggage and 2 employees (one of them was the GM I think) stared at me and did not move a finger to help me out down the stairs. Not as staff members welcoming you into the business, not as gentlemen giving a hand to a lady.

> I looked through a lot in their website before going, and I never found reference to the fact that they don't do housekeeping. (only every 3 days)
It might be in there somewhere but it should be posted flat-out in a conspicuous place so you don't get a bad surprise when you get there. Makes them look sneaky by not letting you know beforehand.

Service at the bar and restaurant are non-existent. I had to get up for my menu, after 20 minutes get up to find the waitress, they were out of what I wanted. Some other patrons around me were joking about the appalling service.

> Never said welcome at check-in, but they were quick to warn me about the $100 charge if I lost the key.

> at check-out they didn't ask me how my stay had been or anything other than how much
> I went as a part of a hotel road show. Met with hoteliers from the world and a lot of agencies and people from the area. Whenever people asked me where I was staying (which happens A LOT at these things) I said Palihouse and that it was terrible. Everyone said ' I know, that's what I've heard'

Never been at an unfriendlier place. They're full of themselves and they're not that cool really.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank winkingturkey
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Winkingturkey,

Thank you for staying with us and we are very sorry that you did not have a more pleasurable stay. Our goal at Palihouse is to provide our guest with a unique residential style place to come home to without compromising, location, style, or service. For this reason we do not have a door person on staff 24 hours a day but we strive to have a welcoming presence at all times and our staff is mindful of every person walking into the hotel. We apologize if we missed you coming in.

When booking a reservation, we do send all guests a welcome letter in which our housekeeping services are outlined. This letter states we do not provide daily housekeeping but it can be arranged if a guest requests it. This information is also mentioned during the check in process and in an additional welcome letter we provide guest upon arrival. We are happy to announce, however, that due to high demand and a recent trend towards more guests arriving for quicker stays, we will be offering daily housekeeping starting August 1.

As for your experience in the restaurant, we would like welcome you back and invite you to book directly with our restaurant manager Rob Scarafia (Rob@palihouse.com).

We hope you can stay with us again in the near future to experience what Palihouse is truly about.

Finest regards,
Palihouse Management

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location, accommodating staff, quick to make things right.

Upon arrival, the air conditioner in my room did not work, I had to be transferred into another room (took about an hour). The next morning, as I left my room, I spoke to the maid cleaning the room next door to please straighten up my room. Upon my return, the room was untouched. I spoke to a gentlemen at the front desk, he informed me the hotel is considered an "extended stay" hotel and maid service was not provided for short-term guest; that response blew me away. About 20 minutes later I was brought fresh towels and toiletries.

I would definitely stay again, but was disappointed everything was reactive as opposed to proactive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends