“Expectations exceeded!”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Expectations exceeded!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

As soon as we arrived at the Palihouse, West Hollywood, we felt VIPs.
Georgia was extremely helpful and efficient during our check in.
Our 2 bedroom loft residence was amazing! Huge, beautifully cool decorated and hyper comfortable. The beds were really comfortable and the bedding excellent.
The location is perfect. Parking in the house very convenient.
We had dinner at the hotel and loved the food and the patio setting.
Everything is superb! We will definitely be back!
Thanks Palihouse for making our family vacation unforgettable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Viaja and family,

It was our pleasure to host you at Palihouse during your recent visit. We go out of our way to make everyone feel like a VIP and we are very happy to hear Georgia treated you as so, she is one of our best. Our residence are pretty amazing, aren't they? We put a lot of thought and love into them so it's great to hear the feedback. We are also glad you dined with us at the Courtyard Brasserie and enjoyed the food and ambiance alike. Please return soon. It would be great to see you and your family again.

Best Regards,

Gonzalo Quintero
AD of Paligroup Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everything is perfect at the Palihouse. The environment is private, pretty, spacious and incredibly comfortable. I love staying at Palihouse because it's so comfortable and inviting. Their two bedroom and one bedroom loft residences are a little piece of heaven. The food is fantastic and fresh. The service is speedy and reliable. Their concierge, Georgia is a gem. Sean is lovely as well. Palihouse is my home away from home forevermore. I'm so happy I discovered it and I don't like sharing it with too many people because it's a secret, hidden gem.

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroom loft residence or the one bedroom loft residence.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I read the bad reviews and decided to give it a try anyway I don't know why. Because the rooms looked cool I guess.

> Entered the hotel Juggling with luggage and 2 employees (one of them was the GM I think) stared at me and did not move a finger to help me out down the stairs. Not as staff members welcoming you into the business, not as gentlemen giving a hand to a lady.

> I looked through a lot in their website before going, and I never found reference to the fact that they don't do housekeeping. (only every 3 days)
It might be in there somewhere but it should be posted flat-out in a conspicuous place so you don't get a bad surprise when you get there. Makes them look sneaky by not letting you know beforehand.

Service at the bar and restaurant are non-existent. I had to get up for my menu, after 20 minutes get up to find the waitress, they were out of what I wanted. Some other patrons around me were joking about the appalling service.

> Never said welcome at check-in, but they were quick to warn me about the $100 charge if I lost the key.

> at check-out they didn't ask me how my stay had been or anything other than how much
> I went as a part of a hotel road show. Met with hoteliers from the world and a lot of agencies and people from the area. Whenever people asked me where I was staying (which happens A LOT at these things) I said Palihouse and that it was terrible. Everyone said ' I know, that's what I've heard'

Never been at an unfriendlier place. They're full of themselves and they're not that cool really.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank winkingturkey
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Winkingturkey,

Thank you for staying with us and we are very sorry that you did not have a more pleasurable stay. Our goal at Palihouse is to provide our guest with a unique residential style place to come home to without compromising, location, style, or service. For this reason we do not have a door person on staff 24 hours a day but we strive to have a welcoming presence at all times and our staff is mindful of every person walking into the hotel. We apologize if we missed you coming in.

When booking a reservation, we do send all guests a welcome letter in which our housekeeping services are outlined. This letter states we do not provide daily housekeeping but it can be arranged if a guest requests it. This information is also mentioned during the check in process and in an additional welcome letter we provide guest upon arrival. We are happy to announce, however, that due to high demand and a recent trend towards more guests arriving for quicker stays, we will be offering daily housekeeping starting August 1.

As for your experience in the restaurant, we would like welcome you back and invite you to book directly with our restaurant manager Rob Scarafia (Rob@palihouse.com).

We hope you can stay with us again in the near future to experience what Palihouse is truly about.

Finest regards,
Palihouse Management
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location, accommodating staff, quick to make things right.

Upon arrival, the air conditioner in my room did not work, I had to be transferred into another room (took about an hour). The next morning, as I left my room, I spoke to the maid cleaning the room next door to please straighten up my room. Upon my return, the room was untouched. I spoke to a gentlemen at the front desk, he informed me the hotel is considered an "extended stay" hotel and maid service was not provided for short-term guest; that response blew me away. About 20 minutes later I was brought fresh towels and toiletries.

I would definitely stay again, but was disappointed everything was reactive as opposed to proactive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our final hotel destination before returning home, and we were very impressed. I was most excited about here out of all of our hotels, as It seemed like it was most suited to what I like but I wasn't sure if it would live up. It did.
after returning from Coachella followed by Vegas, I was ready to completely flake out and relax and take in some of 'real Los Angeles'. This hotel, which has more of a self catering guest house and relaxed feel ( with all the benefits of a hotel) would be suited to anyone who wants to be in a good location in LA. definitely friendly for all ages with the option of participating as much or as little as you like in what the venue has to offer. I felt very at home but at the same time knew that there were helpful staff on hand to give the information that I needed to get the best out of a city I didnt know. I was recommended some great nightlife destinations and the location as perfect. With the 24hr Ihop right opposite for food on the way back from a night out. I didn't get to eat or drink here but there was that facility with a lovely outside space. There is also communal outside space in the accommodation. when we arrive we were told that we had been upgraded. We ended up in a 2 bedroom split level apartment much bigger than we expected, with 2 roof terraces. There are really good facilities in the apartment so we were able to cook and wash and dry clothes with no problem. I would definitely go back, in fact I cant wait!

Room Tip: I was told by a member of staff that that was his favourite room and I could see why. I was sharing...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kahralahra
Temecula, CA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel may be nice midweek (in a more secure room), but it is not a good choice for a Friday or Saturday night stay, unless you are going to the club.

On arrival I was told by the valet (an extra $10) that if I self parked I would not be able to use the elevator to access the hotel (turns out guest need a special key fob to make the elevator run). Parking is also difficult as the night goes on, due to the nightclub patrons.

Once in the hotel there is a distinct incense type of odor. It was around 9 pm on Friday night and the nightclub was already noisy. I told the nice man at the desk that I heard it could be quite noisy and that I hoped it wouldn't be too bad. I received a room directly over the club. Ugh. When I entered the room all of the lights were on and the A/C was set to 60. The thermostat was easy to change and the temperature controls worked well. It took a while to find and operate all of the light switches. When I set my water bottle on the night stand I noticed that it wasn't just noisy in the room-the techno beat from the club below was moving the water in the water bottle! (FYI, They don't stop the music here until 2 a.m., and it seems to be a major income source for the hotel. Partying will continue for a while outside for a while, with the late night IHOP across the street.)

The room itself was very pretty, though a bit rough in spots. Dishes were on the shelf of the kitchenette. There is a washer/dryer in the room. Everything seemed clean. Bed was very comfortable. There is no work desk in the room.

There is a 7/11 on the corner, so no need to spend $10 for a bottle of water. The internet access is free and worked easily. The lights in the room sometimes dimmed for no reason.

Safety was a bit of an issue. The area around the hotel seemed quite safe. Inside the hotel was...odd. The windows open fully-great, except that they don’t lock (there is a lock, it just doesn’t work). The bathroom (shower, no tub) has a shutter for privacy from other guest that might walk by-however it wouldn’t protect you from anyone trying to look in. The card they give you for your dashboard shows your room number-odd.

In order to help with noise, management closes and locks the courtyard doors around midnight. This is a problem if your room is one that requires an elevator change (as mine did). You are locked out or have to go through a whole maze situation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jill p
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As something of a seasoned traveller and also having experienced a virtual plethora of more upmarket hotels ie Blakes, Covent Garden, The Hempel, Mondrian and The Chamberlain I decided to hang my hat at the Palihouse.
I certainly wasn't disappointed in my choice, this is a wonderfully eccentric, esoteric but fabulously welcoming and exquisitely tastefully marshalled combination of Classy European panache coupled with a genteel and sheltering decor which immediately sets the wearied traveller at ease.
The service is absolutely flawless, I cannot find a single negative comment or observation to make, everyone from the domicilliary staff to the FOH/concierge, the maitre d' and the housemaster have mastered the subtle art of attentive service whilst simultaneously not being the least bit stuffy.
The rooms are like New York loft style apartments though far less industrial in feel, every attention is paid to the minutiae the little touches and details which set this hotel apart from the competition.
I especially loved the artwork in my room which I gather the owner and rather wonderful arbiter of taste created.

The nuts and bolts as such are this, lovely airy spacious room which was immaculately presented and maintained, very comfortable bed and great use of layout and aesthetics in making the space both practical but with a unique character, a tough gig to pull off and one which other hotels like The Chamberlain aspire to achieve.

As far as some of the negative feedback on here is concerned I would say if you're sound sensitive dont choose to stay in WeHo perhaps go to Connecticut instead... This is an organic, living, breathing dynamic space which houses everyone from the worlds of commerce, captains of industry to ingenues and young families, all are treated the same, unique to this diamond of a hotel.
I found the noise and bustle of an evening both comforting and reassuring, all of life is here and it's vibrant and going about its business with vigour.
Make room for the best on the block as I gather there's to be a further addition to this family, and that's exactly what it feels like to be here, as though you're staying with a marvellously eccentric auntie and uncle who want to take excellent care of you whilst you enjoy and soak up the fabulous ambience.
The pinnacle of hotel service and design.
I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Vigard66
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Vigard66,

Wow. What an amazing review we received from you. Thank you so much! We are thrilled that you completely enjoyed your experience and appreciate all that Palihouse West Hollywood has to offer.

Please contact Gonzalo@pali-group.com next time you are planning to stay with us. We sincerely look forward to having you back sometime soon.

Finest regards,
Palihouse Management

PS: next time someone complains about the noise, we are going to quote your Weho vs. Connecticut comment. That gave us a LOL moment!