“Food was great”

Ranked #53 of 445 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We reserved a table at the Chateau 2 weeks prior to our visit to Hollywood .We were intent on experiencing a taste of Hollywood history and ambience on our visit .The Chateau did not disappoint .We showed up a little early and found parking adjacent to the famous cottages .We walked up the tree lined drive and were immediately greeted by a couple of valets who politely enquired if we had visited before .They then supplied detailed directions to the patio .We attended the patio area and were directed to our table .It is immediately clear why the Hollywood elite choose to dine here .The court yard is lined with black privacy fabric covered in vines .The tables have large umbrellas / covers augmented by pergolas .The service is great The staff are attentive and very professional .The food was very good .I had the pailla .By the far the best I have ever had .The dish was teeming with lobster ,shrimp and scallops .The rest of my party enjoyed the Buttermilk chicken .The food was great ,the service was excellent .The ambience was something to behold .We took a stroll through the lobby after dinner .You could feel the history .From the rat pack to Led Zepplin .This place is cool .

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a place i have wanted to go to for a few years and as i was In LA for my birthday with my adult family we thought why not. It took my daughter around a month to get a reservation for the Saturday evening as they do not book any further than 2 weeks in advance. The service, food and wine were great. Not excellent, but great. It is a good venue for people watching and we saw a few celebs - just what you expect when in LAX. The Chateau is at least worth a lunch if you have time when you are visiting LA...

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Absolutely loved lunch at Chateau Marmont! It is very low-key, stylish and comfortable! Make sure you book ahead to avoid any disappointment.

We were seated out in the garden area. The service was friendly, discreet and professional. The food was awesome. The cocktails - a bit on the strong side for my liking, but the BLT was awesome!

I wholeheartedly recommend going to this historic LA-location!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friends are here, rented the penthouse with the balcony overlooking sunset blvd and the garden area. Great room, large balcony, great restaurant and food, very nice staff. After dinner we ended up heading to this place called Bar Marmont, which is walking distance from the hotel. Another great spot as well.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We called 2 weeks in advance to make our reservation, which is what we were told to do. When we pulled up at the hotel the staff standing outside could not find our reservation and made us feel bad about it. We insisted and they said we could go in and try to argue with the hostess. We go to the restaurant and the first hostess says she can't find our reservation then suddenly a second hostess comes up behind her and says "oh there it is". It was kind of weird, maybe we weren't pretty enough for them but since it was early they decided to let us in?
Our waiter was annoying, making stupid jokes. We only had one glass of wine each and when he took our glasses he said "well I guess you won't be needing these". I would have maybe had another glass, but not after that comment. I had the special of the night which was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and a biscuit. It was all ok except for the biscuit, that was good. I don't remember what my sister had, so obviously not that memorable. Overall it was pretty, we saw a celebrity, but not really worth it for the food alone.