“Nice stop for one night”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Wylie, TX
“Nice stop for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Good access to the freeway. Lots of restaurants nearby. West Covington is a nice township. Good value for the location. Hated LA traffic. One computer in the lobby as the "business center", small "fitness center", but good machines. Pool is normal Hampton Inn. No suites at this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

A local yet hidden place for my husband and I to getaway. Clean, quiet, convenient. The staff is great. I booked online and upon my arrival I was informed of the savings I could get by becoming a Hilton Honors member so, I joined. we visit this hotel a minimum of 4 times a month and each time I love it a little more. I believe her name is Krissy (Short, African American Woman)??? at the front desk her bubbly personality is contagious. Great smile, attitude and very professional. Breakfast is great just enough to stop the growl before getting on the Fwy and heading home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Litchfield Park, az
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I never thought I would find a room in this bad of shape. When arrived I washed my hands and found a hair about 12 inches long on the hand towel. Then I picked up a wash cloth to wash my face and it had a brown two inch round circle in the middle of it. I sat in the desk chair the arm rest almost completely fall off. The tub faucet value could not be completely shut off so I heard it dripping all night until I closed the door to the restroom. In the morning I took a shower and more water was coming out of the broken value on tub spout then getting on me. I notified the front desk agent and she didn't seem to care so I dont think I will ever stay at a Hampton again.

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael P
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This Hampton Inn was nice ... clean and well maintainied.
The room that I had was very small (super small) but it was okay.
You can tell that this is an older hotel ... but it was extremely clean.
The decor was nice....nothing fancy or over the top--just pleasant and nice.
Michelle at the desk went above and beyond to meet my needs.
She had a beautiful smile and made me feel like my business was important.
The location near the freeway was perfect.
There were plenty of towels and plenty of outlets. (Yea on the outlets in this technological age!)
There also was not perfumed or fragrance smell.
There were a few "sketchy" folks outside----but that was out of the control of the hotel ... the area was just fine.
I would definitely stay here again.
: -)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here to avoid overpriced LA hotels, and this place is a gem. Great location right off the freeway, I was greeted with a warm smile and checked in quickly. Got dining discounts with my room key next door. Overall a great stay. But if your heading in from Los Angeles, make sure you avoid rush hour traffic it took me 2 hours from Venice beach to the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor near elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Los Banos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice clean Hotel. Close to freeway but No noticeable freeway noise.Breakfast was very good.
Two shopping Malls close by. Many Resterants close by.I could babble on to make the two hundred word minimum required by Trip Advisor but often times you can a Lot by just saying a little !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Franci
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is an older Hampton, and although it is well kept, the walls are paper-thin, and the windows even thinner. I've stayed there twice and both times thought the window was open but it wasn't! Since the doors are built to slam shut, you hear every door closing on your floor all night long. Between that and the altercation in the room next door in the middle of the night, I got almost no sleep. Won't stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!