“Old and Noisy”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
San Franci
“Old and Noisy”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is an older Hampton, and although it is well kept, the walls are paper-thin, and the windows even thinner. I've stayed there twice and both times thought the window was open but it wasn't! Since the doors are built to slam shut, you hear every door closing on your floor all night long. Between that and the altercation in the room next door in the middle of the night, I got almost no sleep. Won't stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

well kept property,plenty of parking and has smoking rooms available (my husband is a smoker) convenient to I-10, close to shopping (malls and ikea), restaurant row (discounts with room key) second time we stayed there to visit with family in LA. great for the price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Burnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very comfortable bed, all the in-room facilities you might want (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, plus iron, ironing board and hairdryer), excellent breakfast (with real oatmeal rather than just packets!) and lots of restaurants very close by, with discounts for hotel guests. The noise from I-10 was a little intrusive, but it will depend on where your room is (and how much road noise you are used to!) The pool looked nice, but it was too cool for us to want to use it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to West Covina overnight to visit with friends. The hotel was in a very convenient location with several restaurants to choose from including Marie Callendars, BJ's, and Islands. It was also right off of the 10 freeway but you wouldn't have known it since you couldn't hear the traffic in our room. The room was comfy and had all the amenities that we needed. Bed was great; got a wonderful night's sleep. Hotel personnel were very nice and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting our son at a college nearby. It is not a luxury hotel by any means but the room was clean and tastefully decorated.
The beds were comfortable, and the room had all the amenities you would expect-mini-fridge, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, large flat screen TV, etc. The room was a little "crowded" in that there was not much "walking around" space between the bed and the wardrobe-just enough for one person at a time to pass through but it really didn't bother us. Since we are self employed we both spend a lot of time "working on the road" when we travel and the WiFi here was free and fast which is extremely important to us. I personally did not notice any road noise (that other reviewers have complained about)-our room overlooked the parking area which is adjacent to the freeway on the far side. My husband did not mention any issue with noise either. The whole place actually seemed pretty quiet-no hallway noise, etc. There are several restaurants within walking distance and shops and other amenities within a short driving distance. We found the morning breakfast to be adequate-actually better than we expected. I loved the "make your own waffles" grill, fresh fruit, bagels and cream cheese, and lots more. We found the front desk staff to be very friendly albeit a little "casual" for my taste. One side note-we arrived late on the first evening and by the time we got there the only non-smoking rooms available were on the first floor right near the front desk check-in area. As an alternative we were offered a non-smoking room on a higher "smoking floor" (one side of the floor has smoking rooms-the other side non-smoking). We thought we'd give it a try since the desk staff said we could always move down to the first floor if it didn't suit us. We did notice a very faint smell of smoke in the hallway just as we exited the elevator but as we walked down the non-smoking side of the building the smell abated and we did not smell any smoke AT ALL in or around our room (and I'm pretty picky about this issue!) All that to say don't be afraid to try one of their non-smoking rooms on the smoking floor-the room was great and no freeway noise! Overall we felt this hotel was a good value for the money we spent and we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
West Covina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms are clean local to my area, reasonable price, comfy beds. My girl enjoyed the room overall will definitely be back in the future. Morning breakfast was delicious just a the run was a bit small for all the guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Rafael S
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I would have to concur with the previous reviews that the road noise is loud. I did hear police on the loud speaker pulling people over on the interstate. The rooms have the necessary microwave and refrigerator. The fitness room is minimal but ok if you time you exercise right. The driving reason I stopped staying here two years ago was that the Wifi. It is easily the worst of any hotel I have stayed at in recent memory. On business, that is a deal killer for me. Other than that the hotel is clean and reasonably priced. They told me at the desk that they were upgrading the Wifi next week. Bout time. They will have to let me know it is done and I will gladly come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!