“Excellent Hotel!”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was so happy to find the Hampton Inn West Covina. With extensive work in southern California, amidst the holiday season, it is often difficult to find a reasonably priced, comfortable, safe hotel in a location accessible to shopping and restaurants. The Hampton Inn West Covina fits the bill! The staff was extremely friendly, the 24 hour piping hot coffee kept me alert to finish a late evening project, and the am breakfast got me off to a great start. Room had a fridge, microwave, and large desk. Very clean. The internet access was fast and efficient and the access to major routes got me to my meeting the next day in a very efficient manner. Thanks Hampton West Covina for a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a king. The beds are comfortable and luxurious!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was one of the most pleasant Hampton Inn stays I have ever encountered. From check-in to check-out the front desk staff was always cheerful, helpful, and friendly. The hotel was full but they still took time to chat with customers and wish them well. It was Breeder's Cup weekend so the patrons were mostly there for the horse races and the staff just made the visit alot nicer. The rooms were good sized and there was no outside noise, plus there were restaurants within walking distance, and free parking!! I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First off, I am not a person to complain about things not being perfect. Being a recent college grad and familiar with the service industry, I am a very patient person.I stay at Hampton Inns when traveling for work in Cali and Arizona (hooray Hilton Honors points!). This exact location is NOT a good place to stay at if you need to use the internet for work. It may sound petty, but it can be a big issue if is imperative you have the internet for your job. This is why my review is very descriptive.My boyfriend and I are engineers performing a study in West Covina. The hotel advertises 'high speed wireless internet' from AT&T. The internet is practically a step up from dial up. I could barely log into my email. For you tech people, the average download speed was/is 0.30mps and the average upload was/is 0.21mps with a ping of anything from 99-475.

Yes, i took the time of day into consideration. The woman at the front desk told me it was probably due to high traffic at peak times. This would make sense if i didn't run speed tests at various times throughout the day. I ran them at times like: 5am, 10am, 2pm, 4pm, 8pm, 11pm, etc. They all had about the same speed. The staff is VERY friendly but i was kind of taken by surprise when I was told "If the internet is not fast enough for you, YOU can call the internet provider about it.". I was not one of those people running to the front yelling and screaming about the internet. I was even apologizing to them that I was complaining. I stayed on the first floor 20 steps from the lobby not 4 stories up in the furthest back corner. I was told that i could sit in the lobby if i needed to. Of course it wasn't any better. I called the internet provider but I had to sit outside by the pool because it seems that sprint service selectively does not work inside of this hotel. They told me that they did see a ping issue but wouldn't disclose the Down and Up speeds. I was told it may have something to do with my computer. I have a VERY good desktop replacement laptop.

Long story short.... my 3g sprint service is 3x faster than the hotel internet. I had to go to Mcdonalds to finish up parts of my project. We stay at this Hampton because it is close to where we need to be, the cheapest Hampton in the LA area, and because we get tons of HHonors points. It isnt imperative for us to have faster internet for work because we don't have too much to do that is internet dependent. It would just be nice to be able to do some of my work inside of the hotel. This is the only Hampton Inn that I have ever had issues with. With a room rate of $110 a night, I would expect usable internet.

The good stuff: Fabulous breakfast, cookies in the evening, coffee and tea are always available, yummy restaurants nearby, safe location, and a super duper nice lady that helps keep the breakfast area stocked and tidy!!!

I am actually in the hotel right now (my 3rd week long trip here since the end of September) and I will be here again week after next and so on. It isn't a bad hotel but the internet has been consistently bad since the first day i arrived.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are about the same...Don't stress over which room you have. The internet...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lilly T, Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina appreciates your business and feedback in regards to your current stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the capacity of our wireless internet. As a Lighthouse Brand we are looking for ways to improve our guest experience, therefore, we are currently in the process of obtaining a higher Ethernet Bandwidth to continue maintaining the needs of our guest.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband, daughter and myself stayed there for two nights. The hotel was very good, especially for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast attendant made sure items were replished as soon as they ran out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Needed to find a place to stay near family and was very happy with the price and had what we needed. Very clean, sweet front desk staff, love the breakfast included and free wifi. It was so nice to come in late at night and get a hot cup of tea to take upstairs. Kinda older like the other reviews I read but well maintained. The a/c is so loud I don't know how people complained about the fwy. Maybe it was in the winter. Easy parking, good location with restaurants and target nearby. It was nice to be able to get Hilton points. Will come back Next time.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days when we took our daughter to orientation at Azusa Pacific University. The location was conveniently close to the school, the hotel was always clean and the staff were always very pleasant. Many hotels close by, a Starbucks, and Ikea for all the dorm needs. The hotel is close to the freeway but we never heard the noise. It was 20 minutes to Disneyland and if you fly from Ontario Airport, this is an easy drive away. What attracted me to this one is it was cheaper than the Hampton Inn in Arcadia which is about equal distance from APU.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor by the pool and had no issues.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great hotel in the San Gabriel Valley/Los Angeles County. Stayed there for 3 nights while visiting family in the area. Hotel was clean, quite, comortable, free breakfast, and close to outlying cities (e.g., El Monte, Alhambra).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Azusa

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!