“Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Colorado Springs, CO
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 24, 2007

My occupation has me traveling every week. Therefore, I stay in a different hotel every week. Overall, this is a nice place with beautiful landscaping, wonderful breakfast, helpful staff, and a 10% discount on all nearby restaurants. I'd book this site again.

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Allways_On_The_Road

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My husband and I had planned a trip to go to The Price is Right game show starring Drew Carrey, when a friend of ours told us about how wonderful the Hampton Inn is. Our friend is a hard worker and enjoys her job working for the Hampton Inn, so when she recommended that we stay at the Hampton Inn, and offered us to take advantage of her employee discount called Friends and Family we accepted. After seaching for a Hampton Inn that would honor the discount, We contacted the hotel directly to set up reservations. We were advised to go online and book our reservation as normal and document in the comments that we are friends to an employee. Our freind advised her manager and she also stated that was all that needed to be done by us. The manager in the Georgia hotel would then contact the manager in West Covina and all would be good (Great even). After a long flight and a hard day of travel, we were antisipating a nice room with a hot bath, but instead we are greeted by a nasty guy at the desk telling us that he will not honor this reservation due to the fax from the manager in Georgia was just recieved that day, although our reservation was made approximently a week earlier. He then proceeds to tell us that we being jerked around by the manager in Georgia. He told us that he would honor the reservation for the room but just not at the discounted rate. He also stated some other derogitory statements about the company and the manager in Georgia. With him having that attitude we did not and will not stay at a Hampton Inn. If employees cannot treat each other with respect, then how can anyone expect a paying customer to get respect. Beware......

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the guy at the front desk
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
12 Thank loreye
Azusa CA
Reviewed August 2, 2007

I will try to accentuate the positive first: the breakfast buffet is great. The variety of nearby restaurants is amazing. The rooms are nice and clean.
As expensive as this place is, I was shocked to discover that they have no shuttle or any other form of hotel transportation. My father injured himself in the room and the best they could do was offer to call a cab. My seemingly very unreasonable request was to allow him an extended check-out time from 12:00 noon extended to 2:00 pm. I was told that they were booked and this was out of the question. Unless something is done to rectify this situation, I will never recommend this place or go there again.

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — the inability to be flexible
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank BKIND
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We stay at the Hampton every two months, while visiting family. There is one suite, essentially a double-size room, and it is worth the extra fee. The staff is very friendly, the place is always clean, and the rooms are generally quiet. WiFi access varies depending on how close you are to the office. There is a small exercise room with a great treadmill and recumbent bike.

But, this time the people in room 118 were slamming the door late at night, and smoking in their non-smoking room (the AC was bringing the smoke into our room). We complained repeatedly, and the police were called, but the bottom line is the people in room 118 were allowed to stay, and they continued to bang the door until nearly midnight every night but one. We got one decent night's sleep out of four. Not a good average.

• Liked — Good access to freeway,nearby restaurants
  • Disliked — Can be noisy
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TucsonRLS
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 17, 2006

This Hampton Inn seems like converted from an old hotel building, it gave me an old feeling. Room is kind of small. Breakfast is great!

• Stayed September 2006
2 Thank wingkie
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I made the reservation for this stay on-line at the Hilton website two weeks in advance and requested a quiet room away from the I-10 freeway in the "Comments" box. I checked in before 5:00 p.m. and was assigned a room on the I-10 side of the hotel. The room was extremely noisy no matter what time of day or night because of the traffic volume.

I then proceeded downstairs to the front desk and requested a different room away from the busy freeway. The front desk representative informed me that the hotel was sold out. As a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member, you would think my request for a non-freeway room would be recognized and I would be given preference. No sir. The rooms are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis, regardless if you are a loyal Hhonors member, I was told.

So much for being a member of the Hilton Family. I feel more like a stepchild. Thanks Hampton Inn West Covina for the great experience.

• Stayed February 2004, traveled on business
8 Thank garysmith67
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2005

We came out from Indiana to spend some time with our son who attends Azusa Pacific University, which was just a short jaunt from this hotel. This turned out to be a nice place to stay. Nice lobby and friendly staff. The room was very nice, pretty and clean! Looked a little cramped with the king-sized bed and other furniture, but had more than everything we needed. Big refrigerator. The bathroom was very nice and modern. We did not use the pool. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very nice indeed. From hot things like waffles, eggs, sausage, & oatmel to a variety of fresh fruit, yogurts, and breads. And the best part is they have it available from 6-10! Would definately stay here again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!