“Okay for one night”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Central California
“Okay for one night”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently. It is currently being remodeled, it definitely is time for one. Our room was okay, just very dated. I don't agree that this is a 3 star hotel. I would consider it more 2 1/2 stars. Perhaps once the remodel is finished it could be considered 3 stars. We really didn't have any problems during the stay. The remodeling was going on while we were sleeping, the construction crews were very quiet and they were working in the hallway right outside our room, I didn't even realize they had been out there until we left for the day. The property is older, but decent for a quick overnighter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the property away from Interstate 10 which is very busy and noisy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Melvindale, Michigan
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I felt very safe and comfortable here. The room was spacious and comfy. Only one thing missing and that was an in room refrigerator. A/C worked GREAT...FROZE myself out on the first night!!
When I checked in Martin let me know that if I didn't like my room location to call him right away and he would get me into another room. I had no problems. Anyone at the desk I spoke to, was very nice and helpful.
The breakfast in the mornings was good, although the breakfast room was crowded the first day and there was no where to sit. A few of the kids running around and an older guy i found to be a bit rude, but that was not the hotels fault.
The pool area is kept very clean. Only fault there is it seems like a maze to get in there. We came up to a gate where I key did not work to get into the pool area.
Housekeeping was wonderful and kept my room nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable! I will def keep this place in mind!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Visalia, California, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was one of the closest hotels available to the place we were visiting (El Monte) for a wedding. I booked the night before, very last minute. Great location, right off the freeway, easy to get to, after driving through Baldwin Park on the I-10 and thinking 'Oh my, where in the world am I staying', I was very relieved to see what a nice area this is. Several shopping places nearby, also different choices for fast food nearby. Parking gets packed, but several spaces available in the underground parking garage. Lobby is nice and clean, the young man who checked us in and out was very pleasant and made me feel at ease. The only thing that was not to my great liking was the hallway carpet appears old and dirty (as in stained). The rooms were great, my parents had nothing but praise for the place, and my kids also approved. Breakfast was good, I travel with the extended family at times, so families in the breakfast room don't bother me, neither do ppl in pi's, as long as you're dressed decently, nothing wrong with being a little lazy in the morning =). The price was comparable to other places nearby, will definitely keep this place in mind for future stays when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: the odd numbered rooms looked out to the pool, the kids were amused but I would've rather had a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I still wouldn't consider this motel to be a Best Western "Plus", but this stay was much better than our last one. We requested and received a room on the top floor. We heard no noise all night long. The bed wasn't bad and most off all, the room was much cleaner. We also were able to get breakfast in the breakfast room without any problems. This time I would reccomend this Best Western in you need a room in West Covina.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kori
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

After our horrible stay at a Comfort Inn, we decided to leave that property and found the Best Wester West Covina. It is much better than the Comfort Inn, but I was not impress with the property. Room was nice, mattress was amazing. We didn´t enjoy the complimentary breakfast, as we woke up late. We got a 1 king bedroom, and it looked good overall. The carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned, as it looked dirty on the edges. I can honestly say this hotel was worth what we paid for, so it is a good value! I will definitely stay again here on my next trip back to the L.A. area. IKEA is really close by as is the highway, but we didn´t hear the noise from the cars. It was a very pleasant hotel and I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dreamer8313
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Decent place for its value. The location is very close to the highway, thus some traffic noise is expected. The beds were okay, not the most comfortable but not worn to the point where you`re feeling the springs. The AC in the room is loud, so if you`re a light sleeper you may have trouble sleeping. The temperature knob on my AC was broken as well - the room got quite cold after awhile, but I`d rather have it too cold than too warm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Orezzz
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stay here every year for an event at Mt. San Antonio College. The building is older, so the rooms are spacious and well-built. The AC will run the fan continuously so we didn't hear anyone in the other rooms. In years past when it was warmer, it had some trouble cooling the room and the hallways were pretty warm.The linens were new this year and very nice, but the new mattress was way too soft. Carpet was clean and the rooms have lots of drawers and adequate closet space. Lots of parking, but freeway access is tricky the first time as ExPat says.
The breakfast was a complete disaster. It was taken over by families, several of whom were so comfortable that they wore their pajamas and slippers to the public room. Three teens parked in front of the waffle machines and the eggs and sausage were cleaned out as soon as they were refilled. The clerk said he hadn't been able to get his own coffee, and people were bringing their food out to the lobby as there were no more chairs or tables.
We gave up and spent extra money for a great breakfast at Denny's on Grand Avenue. It irks me to spend money on breakfast when it's included in the room.
The previous crowd was mostly older and Asian couples. The upgrade to Best Western Plus has attracted kids and people who carry on conversations on their cells phones and in person out in the hallway at 11:30 PM. Not an improvement in our book.

Room Tip: Top floor has fewer kids and is NON SMOKING. We always ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
#1 of 2 in Rowland Heights
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park

Been to Best Western Plus West Covina Inn? Share your experiences!