“As expected”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Visalia, California, United States
“As expected”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was one of the closest hotels available to the place we were visiting (El Monte) for a wedding. I booked the night before, very last minute. Great location, right off the freeway, easy to get to, after driving through Baldwin Park on the I-10 and thinking 'Oh my, where in the world am I staying', I was very relieved to see what a nice area this is. Several shopping places nearby, also different choices for fast food nearby. Parking gets packed, but several spaces available in the underground parking garage. Lobby is nice and clean, the young man who checked us in and out was very pleasant and made me feel at ease. The only thing that was not to my great liking was the hallway carpet appears old and dirty (as in stained). The rooms were great, my parents had nothing but praise for the place, and my kids also approved. Breakfast was good, I travel with the extended family at times, so families in the breakfast room don't bother me, neither do ppl in pi's, as long as you're dressed decently, nothing wrong with being a little lazy in the morning =). The price was comparable to other places nearby, will definitely keep this place in mind for future stays when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: the odd numbered rooms looked out to the pool, the kids were amused but I would've rather had a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nevada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I still wouldn't consider this motel to be a Best Western "Plus", but this stay was much better than our last one. We requested and received a room on the top floor. We heard no noise all night long. The bed wasn't bad and most off all, the room was much cleaner. We also were able to get breakfast in the breakfast room without any problems. This time I would reccomend this Best Western in you need a room in West Covina.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kori
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

After our horrible stay at a Comfort Inn, we decided to leave that property and found the Best Wester West Covina. It is much better than the Comfort Inn, but I was not impress with the property. Room was nice, mattress was amazing. We didn´t enjoy the complimentary breakfast, as we woke up late. We got a 1 king bedroom, and it looked good overall. The carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned, as it looked dirty on the edges. I can honestly say this hotel was worth what we paid for, so it is a good value! I will definitely stay again here on my next trip back to the L.A. area. IKEA is really close by as is the highway, but we didn´t hear the noise from the cars. It was a very pleasant hotel and I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dreamer8313
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Decent place for its value. The location is very close to the highway, thus some traffic noise is expected. The beds were okay, not the most comfortable but not worn to the point where you`re feeling the springs. The AC in the room is loud, so if you`re a light sleeper you may have trouble sleeping. The temperature knob on my AC was broken as well - the room got quite cold after awhile, but I`d rather have it too cold than too warm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Orezzz
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stay here every year for an event at Mt. San Antonio College. The building is older, so the rooms are spacious and well-built. The AC will run the fan continuously so we didn't hear anyone in the other rooms. In years past when it was warmer, it had some trouble cooling the room and the hallways were pretty warm.The linens were new this year and very nice, but the new mattress was way too soft. Carpet was clean and the rooms have lots of drawers and adequate closet space. Lots of parking, but freeway access is tricky the first time as ExPat says.
The breakfast was a complete disaster. It was taken over by families, several of whom were so comfortable that they wore their pajamas and slippers to the public room. Three teens parked in front of the waffle machines and the eggs and sausage were cleaned out as soon as they were refilled. The clerk said he hadn't been able to get his own coffee, and people were bringing their food out to the lobby as there were no more chairs or tables.
We gave up and spent extra money for a great breakfast at Denny's on Grand Avenue. It irks me to spend money on breakfast when it's included in the room.
The previous crowd was mostly older and Asian couples. The upgrade to Best Western Plus has attracted kids and people who carry on conversations on their cells phones and in person out in the hallway at 11:30 PM. Not an improvement in our book.

Room Tip: Top floor has fewer kids and is NON SMOKING. We always ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingEars
Calif
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stay at this place once a month. The rooms are always clean, floors are clean, bathrooms are clean and the staff are very accommodating and helpful. One thing I don't like is the shower heads. They are large, have different spray options but they don't bend downwards far enough. Continental breakfast is good. It consists of waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruits like apples, oranges and bananas. Various cereals, hot water for tea, coffee, and juices. Various small pastries, toast and bread. Beds are very comfortable. Price is also affordable. It also has a nice size swimming pool. There are great restaurants within a 5 mile radius. Good location. Freeway noise might be a turn off but if you stay in rooms opposite the freeway, the noise is negligible. Rooms have wireless and wired Internet services free. Free in-room coffee.

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for room opposite from Freeway I-10
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Criticcritter
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I would say the room was very clean and that is my most important point. We did hear traffic all night. The mattress needed to be flipped or really replaced, it rolled to the edges really bad. I mentioned that to the young man checking us out and his comment was "I'm sorry". The laundry machine was broken, we were there with youth baseball and uniforms needed to be washed, I think around 10pm the kids got their uniforms, kinda late I thought. Lobby was great and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Get on the back side away from freeway
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
#1 of 2 in Rowland Heights
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus West Covina Inn? Share your experiences!