“Very nice place!”

Add it.
House of Louie
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairway Ln.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I cant speak for how "authentic" this place is, but the food is excellent. We had the dinner-for-2 meal (the cheaper one) and it was the best Chinese food i have had in a LONG time.

But again, i am no expert, but i did enjoy my meal!

Rachel Z, General Manager at House of Louie, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hello, arizona-mark:
We appreciate your kind review and are thrilled that you loved the food when you dined with us! We thank you for taking the time to review us, and look forward to the next time we're able to serve you!
Best, Rachel Z., General Manager.

There are newer reviews for House of Louie

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife & I really wanted some good Chinese food last Saturday February 26, 2013. We had our hearts set to eat at The Panda Inn Ontario by I-10.When we got there it was closed for remodeling until next month. We were going to change our mind when I suggested that we drive to West Covina & have lunch at House of Louie. I had not been there for 7 years, but I remember that it had been a favorite among some of my affluent Asian acquaintances. We got there around 1:30 pm and wanted to sit at the area on the right hand side but was told that it was closed. We were seated in a booth which was good, then we noticed that the carpeted floor was really dirty. It looked like it had not been swept or vacuumed for a long time. At that time 2 tables adjacent to us were set up for the restaurant crew to have lunch. I really wanted to have some rolls with the meat inside which I saw was put on the table for the workers with other food set out in a buffet style. The 10 or so workers really dug into the food which looked good, especially the rolls. When our waitress came and asked us to order, I asked for some rolls. She stated that they were out of them, disappointing. My wife ordered the orange chicken and I ordered that Kung Pao Chicken, we also had rice on the side and some hot tea in a teapot which wasn't bad. My wife wanted some Jasmin Tea, but the waitress who did not speak great English just said "here's the tea". One thing I noticed that the waitress didn't smile much or at all. She was just matter of fact with us during the ordering process. Well I was trying not to stare at the dirty floor at was anticipating some good Chinese food. When the order arrived, the rice was really lumpy and sticky, not what I was expecting. The Kung Pao Chicken looked and tasted good, however when my wife's orange chicken came it looked like "Pork rinds" covered by sauce. There was no succulent chunks of chicken like we expected. The sauce was actually good but we were expecting some chicken breast meat chunks covered in a sauce. When we called a male waiter over, he explained that this is how we make orange chicken. When I was previously there several times I might add, this was not the preparation. My wife was very disappointed, so we left & stopped by Del Taco about a mile up the road where she got a bean burrito. Overall, I was very disappointed with the orange chicken and and the lack of smiling waitresses and staff. One last thing was that we wanted to sit on the right side of the restaurant but couldn't. About halfway through our meal which was short we heard a family taking and sitting on the side of the room in which we wanted to sit. Overall a poor dining experience, and NO WAY would we ever go back there or recommend that establishment!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

House of Louie has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember, 20-30 years. They make their own almond cookies - they are amazing. All of the food is fresh and deliciously prepared. We love the House of Louie lettuce wrap pork appetizer and the fried chicken with lemon sauce as well as the spinach with garlic.
One thing I always remember about this restaurant is how the clientele talk to each other. It's very neighborly, yet slightly upscale.
We enjoyed the hot towels before our meal as well.
My mom loves their dim sum lunchcarts. (lunch only)

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This place is the pits, overpriced, food marginal and cold. Staff would not accept a gift certificate signed by their prior manager-stating that the prior manager stole gift certificates and pocketed the money

1  Thank Fish W
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Covina, California
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Slow service, and very overpriced.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook