“Nice hotel to stop by if you are in the neighbourhood”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here one night while en-route to San Diego. Pretty nice hotel, built recently (2 years ago), clean, nice staff, affordable prices.
The hotel design and set-up is a Fairfield Inn classic, the new bistro type setting, modern and uncluttered. Rooms are well appointed but a bit smaller than usual. Working desk, office chair, armchair and free Wi-Fi.
Free parking and breakfast are included. Breakfast is generous and plenty of options. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available in the lobby 24/7.
There is a small pool and a tub on the premises, did not use them. The exercise room is nice and with the regular exercise machines and weights.
The personnel is very friendly and helpful, they are doing their best to make your stay exceptional. There are a few restaurants close by and also a small mall at 500 yards away if you want to go for a walk.
I stayed here on Marriott points and the room was 7,500 which is a great deal for what you get in return. I'll return for shure if in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room with view to tha main entrance, very nice and quiet, sun in the morning, shade in the a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for almost a week because we were in LA for a funeral for my sister. My guest service specialist Francine was awesome. She was friendly, accomodating and very sympathertic about my reasons for being at the hotel. She did everything she could to make my stay easy and nice. The entire staff was freindly and very helpful. I loved the hotel (except for the swinging bathroom door) but I understood why it was designed that way so I dealth with it. Overall the hotel was VERY clean. My only real complaint was with breakfast. My husband is allergic to cheese and there were no choices without cheese when it came to the breakfast sandwiches. So he had to eat bagels everyday which was a little annoying and he is also diabetic and there were no sugarfree choices of juices or teas. Other than that the hotel was really great and Francine and the rest of the staff was awesome... Overall I would definitely reccommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Fairly new hotel. All rooms were nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My 2 children (1 lanky teen and 1 younger) and I stayed here in July whilst visiting Los Angeles, and found it fairly convenient for visiting the downtown LA attractions by car.

Our room was a king suite with sofa bed, and what my son liked about it was that the sofa-bed area was almost like a separate room, giving him a little bit more privacy from his mother & little sister. There were also 2 TVs, one infront of the bed, and one by the sofa, so again it felt a bit more like 2 rooms. The 'fridge and microwave in the room were good too.

The sheets, bathroom, carpet were all very clean and modern - even stylish. Breakfast was a bit busy, but you could get granola (unusual) and a normal selection of breads/buns/waffles.

No real complaints from me. My son said the sofa bed was uncomfortable - the springs were very pronounced. We did not try the pool or hot tub, but they looked fine.

The hotel is very close to I-10, so outside there is a lot of road noise, but in the room it is not bad at all -drowned out by the air conditioner. It is also right next to IKEA and several restaurants, so you don't have to go far at all to eat and Target is very close if you forget anything. The front desk staff were helpful with directions too.

I felt it was fairly expensive, but this may be normal for the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Front dest staff was very friendly and welcoming especially Erik. (gorgeous eyes) He made us feel like we were visiting friends or relatives. They greeted us with there names and told us about the hotel and how much we would enjoy our stay. The hotel and the rooms were beautiful. All of the staff was friendly and smiled and spoke when we saw them in the hall. Breakfast was very nice. This is a great hotel and we rate it at the top of our list.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is a good alternative location if you have business in LA. Dive into Downtown LA took about an hour at 9 AM. The room was good size and was the bathroom with lots of counter place. Free wifi and a nice breakfast. The location is good for business and family. Many restaurants (sit down and fast food) nearby and two movie theaters within easy driving distance. Great staff very helpful. I was even able to check in early at 11 AM when I arrived.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Came out to greater LA for a one week pleasure trip and was looking for a quality Fairfield property in the eastern suburbs. Made my decision based upon all of the prior reviews. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Asked for a quiet room and was given #527 - in the far corner of the building - great.

Yes, the building is new, but where they stand out is their focus on your comfort. The staff was very welcoming and hospitable. I always noticed at least one staff member at work day and night mopping, sweeping, dusting, etc. It was clear to me that everyone is invested in doing their jobs well...

We were impressed enough that we chose to return for our last night a week later.

The entrance off I-10 is a little tricky the first time...But the bonus (If you are from "back East" as we are) is that there is an In 'n Out Burger just on the opposite side of I-10.

Room Tip: Same exit as the IKEA
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

New building, clean rooms and comfty beds. the staff can use more customer interaction and hospitality training, nice business center, free prints, the Gym is slim to none. free Breakfast is healthy and simple. the pool is tiny and has no good location. In this hotel you will see all kind of guests some with high class and some who don't have any. I stayed there for a week, after all its not bad.
C U around

Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina? Share your experiences!