“Excellent Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Currently a guest at this wonderful, new and clean hotel. So happy that I could not wait to review. Room 426 at back and quiet. Staff are warm, welcoming and go above and beyond, specially Eric at the front desk. Very nice breakfast included with stay with hot sandwiches and numerous other items, fruit and yogurt. Lobby has vending machine with frozen food items and snacks. Small issue reported to housekeeping that came right away and did a fantastic job. Clean laundry room, small but clean gym and pool with hot tub. Only regret that there is no fridge in room, which would greatly add to guest comfort for storing items. Business center in lobby with 2 desktops and printer. 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate in lobby. Convenient location within walking distance to Westfield Mall and I10 Freeway. Would highly recommend. The staff are what make this hotel, along with the amenities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nmtr

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night.
The staff were very nice and gave us an upgrade to a suite.
The place looked nice and was clean.
We played at the Big League Dreams softball park and the drive was fine. Less than 10 mins.
The freeway was right outside. Seems the way the rooms were that not many were on the freeway. Ours was fine. Didnt really notice it.
Room was clean and the bed was great. Shower/bathroom was big and nice.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BleednBlu
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Convenient location; right off the 10 and restaurants withing walking distance. I was upgraded to a suite, which was very clean and spacious. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Colleen B
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! Fairfield Inn & Suites West Covina prides ourselves on being the Home Of The Hospitality Movement and we are pleased you were happy with your stay. Our rooms are spacious and our housekeeping team “room specialists” have been trained with the highest Marriott standards on cleanliness. We hope when your travels bring you back to West Covina you will remember we are only a phone call away. We are also now offering shuttle service during certain hours in a 10 mile radius, and would love to pick you up for your next visit or bring you to one of the exceptional restaurants or shopping centers West Covina has to offer. I thank you again for your review and my team was pleased when I shared your review with them at our Daily Guest Promise meeting.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

My family booked this hotel with rewards points. We were only staying one night. We booked two rooms together but for some reason the hotel could not accomadate this. They had one room on the 5th floor and one on the first floor. Aside from this the stay was fine. We enjoyed the decor and color scheme, 24 hour coffee and tea and the rooms were comfortable. Our favoriate part was the breakfast buffet. Fruit cups, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, waffels and cereal.
the service was good at the front desk. REsturants next door are nice.

Room Tip: On the 5th floor there was a constant humming noise that could have been equiptment on the roof.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank juljayw

Your review has been a great help to our team. We carefully read through every review in order to focus on guest experience. I was very displeased to read that you were not accommodated in the way you would have liked. I can assure you that this is an isolated issue. The rooms you wanted next to each other were unavailable due to maintenance repairs and I do apologize. However since you were not satisfied 100% I would love to have you email me for a complimentary one night return. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and always will be. I do hope you and your family will allow our team to show you what we are made out of and join us once again as our VIP guests. Please contact me for arrangements @ Christina.Belvedere@Marriott.com. Thank you again for being a loyal Marriott guest.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I am a Marriott rewards member and stay at Fairfield properties across the country six to fifteen nights a year. This property is average in it's value and staff. What made our stay terrible was the fact that they charged my credit card for damage during our stay. My wife and I are over 65 and not party animals. We did no damage to the room or it's contents and have disputed the charges. My suggestion to anyone staying at this property is that they have the room checked and signed off as undamaged before they leave at checkout. We didn't and have come to regret it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank David S

I would like to start off by saying thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards guest. Our property opened on April 12th, 2011 and our entire team is dedicated to offering exceptional guest experience as well as the product we offer our guests. Each and every guest room are inspected prior to guest occupancy and after guest occupancy to ensure satisfaction. I was very displeased to read that you feel your stay was terrible due to incidental charges. Your claim of being charged is being reviewed and is being handled with much urgency and care. I have shared your review with my team as well. Please feel free to contact me regarding questions to this investigation @ christina.belvedere@marriott.com

Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is only the second Fairfield inn I have stayed in and both have proved excellent choices. This property really was awesome with the nicest bathroom I think I have ever seen! Very friendly and helpful staff. Good choice of restaurants nearby. If I'm in the area again, I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank delone70

With 27 reviews on Trip Advisor we were very pleased to be your 28th. As a Marriott Platinum guest we know you understand the standards Marriott is known for and we are proud to be living the Marriott Culture. We strive to produce an exceptional guest experience each and every time and we take much pride in the product we offer. Our team at Fairfield Inn & Suites is unique in the fact that they were all hired based off of their personality. A handshake at the desk, a friendly smile or a singing guest service agent is very likely when you are a guest here. We are just happy people here, and we are delighted you have chosen our property to stay at. Each guest stay is to be personalized and we are here to take care of you. Forks and spoons needed (done), move your room to another part of the hotel (done). We would like to exceed your goals.
On another note, I see that you had some concerns with our doors. Our doors close automatic close per city code however we would be more then happy to provide you with a door stop complimentary as well as an extra pillow top mattress pad when you return. I also am so excited to share with you that we will be upgrading our breakfast and adding more hot items in a few months. We truly listen to our guests and we refuse to let any guest request go unnoticed.
Our team has reviewed your comments and we are excited for your return. Please allow us the opportunity to show you exceptional guest service. Also, when you return please ask us about our new shuttle so we can arrange to drop you off at the gate to save some time. Your review will be posted for our team to review further. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in the beginning of November, 2011. From check in to check out, we had an awesome stay. The employees were awesome and extremely friendly. When I checked in, I was recognized as a Platinum member and the man at the desk (sorry, but I've forgotten his name) actually shook my hand and welcomed me. One night, I asked for a bowl and plasticware, for a late night snack and without hesitation, the young man at the desk went and got me exactly what I asked for and had a smile on his face. I was impressed.

The location of the hotel is decent because it's right off the highway and there are a few restaurants in the area (Marie Callender's, Denny's, Hooters and a few others). The room that we were in was very clean and comfortable. The temperature of the room remained consistent and the thermostat was on the wall. The beds were a bit harder than I like, but that's a personal opinion. I still slept very well. The traffic noise was a bit bothersome to my husband but not so much that it required us moving to a different room. My only complaint about the room was the bathroom door doesn't stay open and it is right next to the entry door. Not a big deal and does not in any way change my opinion of this hotel.

There is no microwave or fridge in the room. The breakfast was standard fare but included in your room rate. They had waffles, yogurt, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, juice, muffins, bagels, bread, etc. It was ok, but after eating it for 4 days in a row, we were ready for a change. We did not get a chance to use the pool or hot tub, which are outside, but it looked very clean and inviting. In fact, on several occasions, we saw the faciilty person testing the water and cleaning the hot tub.

We went to Disneyland a few times and it took us about 25 +/- minutes to get there. Not bad unless traffic was backed up. But we're used to traffic since we are close to DC.

Again, the hotel was very clean and the staff is awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Days Inn Of West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina? Share your experiences!